Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 6

Old 07-03-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi all,
Just checking in. Have a great weekend and happy 4th!

Best wishes
OMD
Old 07-03-2015, 10:14 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Morning all! Visiting my mother who lives right under the flight path for Heathrow airport. When I was a kid I could hardly hear the aeroplanes but this morning they woke me up first thing at half past five! I guess you get used to anything if you deal with it for long enough. My brain would filter that sound out. Not true anymore!!!

It's not the best start as I suppose I'll be feeling very tired later but I might as well take advantage and go out for a run!

Catch up laggers!!!
Old 07-03-2015, 11:05 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Morning all, catch up me.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:45 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Morning all

As you can see I have put my new sobriety date on my signature. I have wobbled around for long enough and decided that I really need to nail it this time.

Cauliflower I have just finished reading that book you suggested 'My lush sobriety' and there was a lot of food for thought in it. Thank you for that

I have been staying and reading your posts and I am so impressed with all of you...you really are marathon runners in sobriety. I have noticed that despite sometimes lots of ups and downs you have stayed strong together.

I am carrying this with me as I begin again. The support that you have all given me has been truly appreciated and I am very grateful. However as I am so far behind all of you that I have decided to join a new class July 2015. As Dee once said to me I will be with a new class and similar 'synergy'. I will continue to pop back in and say hello to all of you though!

Stay strong all and stay together and see you all soon...
Old 07-03-2015, 11:48 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Take care Martina! Don't be a stranger!
Old 07-04-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi all,
Just checking in. All good here and I hope you all are too. Will be going swimming today

Martina, please stay in touch. It has been a pleasure to be in the same class as you and I wish you a safe and happy journey. Nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Best wishes
OMD
Old 07-04-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Just checking in day 74
Martina, try to stay in touch when you can girl!
Yesterday, after a busy work day I did yard work to unwind. It's the best thing! No more unwinding with a bottle of wine, at least now I am getting things done and my yard looks nice.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Hey Martina, you've got to do what's right for you! I hope that you pop in here and let us know how you are doing.

Amp, glad to hear you are doing well. Keep us posted on how the trip goes!

Happy Fourth to all the 'Merican's! I'm at my parents' house in Los Angeles and its clear and cool out. Setting up to be a gorgeous day! Going to a BBQ tonight. Was asked to bring wine, but I'm also going to bring some Pellegrino and lime for myself
Old 07-04-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Lazy day. Going out to eat with GF. Gonna spend money neither one of us have at a very nice restaurant. We do have gift cards that will at least take $60 off the bill. Looks like we'll be dropping another $40-$60 on top of that.

Might not be able to get in as it's located next to where the fireworks are held.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-04-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Martina, please stay in touch!!

It's a lazy day for all of us today. My son is watching Spongebob Squarepants and I'm trying to get motivated for a little housework. We're not going out anywhere tonight but we will be able to see the fireworks from the bedroom window. Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Hola! A lonely 4th here all by myself. I would normally get tanked and sit by myself if this was the case, but can't handle 4 days in a coma. Beautiful evening, perfect temperature. Not even so much as a hot dog!! It's utterly unAmerican I tell ya!!

Well, I do have a nice piece of smoked salmon with cajon seasoning, avocado, cucumber, and beets. I'm trying to find something on the TV for the night. I have never heard of this movie showing on HBO, The Book of Life, animated thing. I have the coconut milk, mint chip, 'ice cream' and a cookie.

Found a new psychiatrist. So much more affordable than the others I've talked too, excellent medical school, and she seems really cool. But she cannot see me until Aug 12. This is a bad time of year to get stuff done. The current med I have is killing me, as you know.

Anyway, trying my best here. :/
Old 07-04-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

I'll be with Martina and try July too. The booze is so harsh on me now that it isn't an option to go back at all. There is no taking a break for reality from the night because it's pure punishment for every second. My body rejects it. I tried a new Med on Monday, and I don't know, but the anxiety surrounding it knocked me out of the game. No excuse, but that's what happened.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:06 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Good morning all, catch up laggers
Old 07-05-2015, 02:22 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Top of the morning to you all! I was up with the aeroplanes bright and early again in London this morning. Went out for a long early run along the towpath by the Thames and went along a stretch a realised I hadn't been down for well over twenty years when I left secondary school. It made me ponder on the nature of existence. The river and paths were pretty much the same. Only I was different. It's really only a short visit, our time on this earth. It would be a shame not to make the most of it.

While I have my regrets it is refreshing to feel that I'm in a good place and getting better.

Yesterday was a tough proposition. A beautiful summer's day and the beer and wine was flowing from before lunch and on well into the early hours. As I'm staying with my kids at my Mum's house where the party was being hosted there wasn't much of a way out. My brother was quite inquisitive about why I'd stopped drinking and tried telling me that he doesn't think I have a problem. He really wanted to get drunk with me and was a little disappointed. Things degenerated in the evening and I crept off to bed at around 11. All in all it went pretty well. My Mum stressed me out a bit but nobody made a huge fuss about me not drinking. I was honest(ish) about it. Said that it didn't make me feel good anymore and that I'd seen so many people mess up. their lives with it that I'd decided to cut it out. Of course I felt like a beer, or some white wine, but in a similar way that I felt like an ice cream or some olives (not together) Really nice but if I don't have any it really doesn't matter... Also, it wouldn't be really be nice at all, would it?

So, yeah, so far so good and great to be hangover-free this morning!
Old 07-05-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Sounds good Amp! Good times.
I feel sad when I go back to where I was raised. Not because that was a bad part of my life, but because that was an awesome part of my life!

What gets me is I managed to head in all the wrong directions since I left home. When visiting home I tend to think about all the possibilities vs my reality.

As I think about it, it only helps cement the fact that RIGHT NOW is what counts. I don't want to be looking back 20yrs from now wishing I had done things differently.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Morning everyone yesterday was a really busy day but also a lot of fun. No drinking for me but I do have a bit of a food hangover lol Today I'll be preparing my last speech. I'm going to discuss e-cigs...so far it's been an interesting topic to research. Have a good one everybody. up and atom!!
Old 07-05-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Morning, All. Had a fun time last night at my friends' BBQ. However, I was surprisingly triggered to drink. I wasn't offered alcohol because my friends know I'm not drinking, but watching most of the guests constantly refilling their glasses made me crave it. I had to keep telling myself "no" because I had to drive home. Had I not been responsible for driving home I may have found myself in a scary situation. I guess it just goes back to never letting your guard down and preparing for situations where alcohol will be flowing. (I feel you Amp - it must be exhausting to have to deal with that all day long as your family drinks). Should be a peaceful day today. Hope you all enjoy it!
Old 07-05-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by johnny555 View Post
I'll be with Martina and try July too. The booze is so harsh on me now that it isn't an option to go back at all. There is no taking a break for reality from the night because it's pure punishment for every second. My body rejects it. I tried a new Med on Monday, and I don't know, but the anxiety surrounding it knocked me out of the game. No excuse, but that's what happened.
Good luck Johnny.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi all,
Sounds like things are going well Amp, and well done for getting through, Kim!

Keep thinking about drinking but I try not to let it get me down, it's all part of the process. amp's post was spot on as usual.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday...

Best wishes
OMD
Old 07-05-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
Sounds good Amp! Good times.
I feel sad when I go back to where I was raised. Not because that was a bad part of my life, but because that was an awesome part of my life!

What gets me is I managed to head in all the wrong directions since I left home. When visiting home I tend to think about all the possibilities vs my reality.

As I think about it, it only helps cement the fact that RIGHT NOW is what counts. I don't want to be looking back 20yrs from now wishing I had done things differently.
Yes, focus on the present IC and good things will happen.