Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 6

Old 06-21-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Oops! Good afternoon all!
Old 06-21-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Just touching base! Hope you're all having a great sober Sunday!
Old 06-21-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

My phone wouldn't post and then it triplicated...sorry
Old 06-21-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Sorry duplicate :-/
Old 06-21-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Amp have a great day too bud
Old 06-21-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

hahaha Amp that has happened to me once or twice

Happy Fathers Day! We had a little bbq yesterday. I left feeling a little uneasy but I didn't drink. Hope everyone is able to enjoy the day.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Morning Zab
Old 06-21-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Evening Lily Hope you're feeling better there.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone and Happy Father's day to the dad's.

I woke up early this morning, washed and dried clothes then made cinnamon rolls and didn't burn them! yay! I'm loving these sober weekends. I called my dad and then had my son call his dad. I wish I could be there in person with my family but they are 2 thousand miles away. My dad did like his gifts that I sent and he and my mom are having a nice evening in Georgia. I have been in California for 8 years but the southern accent is still there and I hope it stays.

I just found out a family friend has just gone to rehab for an addiction to meth. My mom said he will be in rehab for a year. My heart goes out to him and I hope he is ok. I know him fairly well, never knew of any issues he had with drugs but I kept my drinking as secret as I could as well. I'm glad he reached out to get help.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Hope you all are having a good Sunday. I've had a roller coaster of emotions over the last few days. Super highs and lows. Feeling pretty low right now. At lunch and need to get back to the conference I'm at. No desire to drink which is the good news. Two months sober today! And first day of summer. I have no desire to drink ever again. That is a nice feeling. Catch up with you guys later!
Old 06-21-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope you feel better soon (((((SwimKim)))))
Old 06-21-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

I need to step this up seriously. AGAIN YESTERDAY SCREWUP. I am useless. I was so exhausted and despondent I took a small amount of Ritalin and bam, that was it.

So psychiatrists (I would like to get off everything and do the natural method, but I need to fee better). The gym. Genetic testing (don't know how effective that is). Can start a new med at a low dose. When you quit and you feel shittier and shittier, absolutely cannot rally, it's not realistic to keep going. I know I started to feel better the first time, but it's just not happening now. I'm not giving it enough time too, sometimes it takes over 7 days to 11 days of sleeping. I have no idea why that is. One thing is clear, when Prozac worked, I could rally fast.

Father called, he is concerned about me. He told me whatever I need to get better or get help, just tell him. "Is there ANYTHING we can do right now to help?" That's kind of hard to answer. They are all going out to eat tonight, which is always last minute plans. I am way to messed up to go. I can't have a panic attack at the table again.

Now that I realize how hurting he is and I have reassurances that I'm not alone here and he will take care of the bills, it should be easier. I've wanted to see doctors but didn't want to ask him for anything. His way of showing hurt is to act like a jerk.

Last night was not a night when I said I feel great, it's fine to drink. I felt terrible.

Anyway, no excuses mean anything. I'll drop in and keep you guys abreast of whats going on.

I can't drink I know that. I'll never go back to that way of life.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Do your best

Dont be a stranger Johnny you always have us here bud
Old 06-21-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Johnny, sounds like you've gone some way to building bridges with your family. That's a good thing. Agree with you that a big family meal is not a great situation to start with. Maybe hook up with people informally on an individual basis.

Take care mate!
Old 06-21-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Thanks! Already got things underway . Report back with tomorrow's progress.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Monday morning. Catch up laggers
Old 06-21-2015, 10:25 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Morning!
Old 06-21-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi all,
Good luck Johnny, one day at a time dude. Looking forward to hearing from you today.

Don't seem to be too many desires to drink here now, we're all getting through the ups and downs of life sober, even if it's not always easy. All good news for this class!

Amp I have not ignored your challenge. I am thinking about it while I continue not to drink. Day 77 today. It's complicated, but I didn't ignore it. I am sort of doing it in the background if that makes sense.

Anyway, I did what I have never got round to this weekend- went swimming! No big deal at all right, but as I mentioned before for me it's part of being sober because I never did it when I was drinking. So I got to the place and it was closed for an event!! Anyway, didn't give up, found another place and did it there instead. I was massively pleased with myself, and I am now on a journey to improve.

Have a really great day everyone.
Best wishes
OMD
Old 06-22-2015, 01:23 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Glad you're thinking about the challenge OMD. It's a big one alright. Not something to take lightly.

I know what you mean about the swimming. It's something different. Part of a new life. When I broke up with the band I think in part I was breaking with a platform which I used to drink from. I was thinking about it. How I don't feel like performing or rehearsing anymore but I still get a buzz from picking up my guitar. I'm beginning to realize that it's nothing to do with music. It's about isolating myself from potentially difficult situations and from people who expect certain behavior from me. I'm beginning to understand why everyone talks about having to change your lifestyle when you go sober. I hooked up with a couple of guys I met online to jam the other day. Just by chance neither of them drink hardly at all. Maybe a fresh start with people who don't know the "old me".

Still, some of the old stuff is good or, as we've discussed, way better without that constant hangover!!! Just back from a 10km run, so shower time and then off to get the office open.

Have a great day all!!!
Old 06-22-2015, 02:21 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Also, the temptation to drink. It's getting a lot more manageable and is much less frequent but, now maybe it is easier to be caught off guard. I really struggled on Friday night and that surprised me. Mind you, the fact that struggling surprises me is indeed progress!!

A big test will be when I briefly return to London for 5 days at the beginning of next month. Lifestyle there, especially summer, has always for me been pub-based. Still I will go with my mind decided and feeling strong and healthier than I've been for years. My family can be quite challenging and it will be intense but interesting to deal with them sober!