View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 02:22 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
amp123

Top of the morning to you all! I was up with the aeroplanes bright and early again in London this morning. Went out for a long early run along the towpath by the Thames and went along a stretch a realised I hadn't been down for well over twenty years when I left secondary school. It made me ponder on the nature of existence. The river and paths were pretty much the same. Only I was different. It's really only a short visit, our time on this earth. It would be a shame not to make the most of it.

While I have my regrets it is refreshing to feel that I'm in a good place and getting better.

Yesterday was a tough proposition. A beautiful summer's day and the beer and wine was flowing from before lunch and on well into the early hours. As I'm staying with my kids at my Mum's house where the party was being hosted there wasn't much of a way out. My brother was quite inquisitive about why I'd stopped drinking and tried telling me that he doesn't think I have a problem. He really wanted to get drunk with me and was a little disappointed. Things degenerated in the evening and I crept off to bed at around 11. All in all it went pretty well. My Mum stressed me out a bit but nobody made a huge fuss about me not drinking. I was honest(ish) about it. Said that it didn't make me feel good anymore and that I'd seen so many people mess up. their lives with it that I'd decided to cut it out. Of course I felt like a beer, or some white wine, but in a similar way that I felt like an ice cream or some olives (not together) Really nice but if I don't have any it really doesn't matter... Also, it wouldn't be really be nice at all, would it?

So, yeah, so far so good and great to be hangover-free this morning!