Old 06-27-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Administrator

Amazing post Cee. Thank you

D
Old 06-27-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
I just finished reading Unwasted: My Lush Sobriety by Sacha Z. Scoblic and it gets a 10 out of 10 from me. It's a well written memoir, and I really appreciate her honesty. It also gives validation to my sometimes crazy sober thoughts. She joined a twelve step program and found her support through the group and from some true blue friends. She called them her wolfpack, and says she would not have 5 years of sobriety without them. As a recovering addict, she could not make sound decisions, because in the past, her decision making was based on her selfish need to continue drinking, and thinking that she was entitled to drink more and more and more. She found she had to bounce things off her wolfpack, even the simplest of things to make sense of the new found sober world. And it made perfect sense. We are not alone guys, we are doing this together, in every sense, this group has become my wolfpack.

There was so much I gleened from the book, but one point from the book that I am coming to terms with is that she is not fighting daily with only sheer willpower, she eventually chose sobriety. Making the choice to be sober was her turning point in maintaining her sobriety.
Thanks Cauliflower....I am going to buy this book, hopefully its on Amazon. I really need something like that to keep me on track...
Old 06-27-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Thank you all so much for the support!! I am so lucky to have found this website and this group is wonderful. You are all so awesome!!

It's been a very nice day with my son. We've played games, even played a board game for an hour instead of something electronic. He thought that was fun and of course, so did I. It's called Headbanz, the one where you have to guess what the other person is. I'm loving these sober weekends!! We didn't go anywhere today. I made lasagna and my usually picky eater son finished his plate. Our kitty, Elvis, has enjoyed having us home today and he was up for lots of cuddling. Tomorrow, we are headed to the library for a bit to return some books and to see what we can find there. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
Old 06-27-2015, 11:28 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Good morning all, catch up laggers (and me).
Old 06-28-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Morning all! Have a great sober Sunday!
Old 06-28-2015, 02:11 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi all,
Amazing what we all have in common. There is a lot of big stuff going on at the same time as we're trying to reset ourselves. I have done a lot of forgiving recently. I think that's the only way to move on.

Big congrats to Angie and CF! Johnny - total respect for your commitment.

Anyway, I have some good news which I thought you'd like to know. One of my closest friends on this planet and whose presence I very much miss has been in touch. Wants to get together and didn't ask me if I am drinking (he swill guess the answer). I am telling you this because it has dismantled one of the regrets I had, and I think it's yet another reason not to assume how things will play out, long term.

Also, been swimming, which has sort of evolved into my leitmotif for being sober! Am very bad but I am getting better and that's what counts

Take care
OMD
Old 06-28-2015, 02:13 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OMD View Post
Hi all,
Amazing what we all have in common. There is a lot of big stuff going on at the same time as we're trying to reset ourselves. I have done a lot of forgiving recently. I think that's the only way to move on.

Big congrats to Angie and CF! Johnny - total respect for your commitment.

Anyway, I have some good news which I thought you'd like to know. One of my closest friends on this planet and whose presence I very much miss has been in touch. Wants to get together and didn't ask me if I am drinking (he swill guess the answer). I am telling you this because it has dismantled one of the regrets I had, and I think it's yet another reason not to assume how things will play out, long term.

Also, been swimming, which has sort of evolved into my leitmotif for being sober! Am very bad but I am getting better and that's what counts

Take care
OMD
Yes! So pleased for you!

We have trouble getting used to the new sober us. Suppose other people need to adjust too
Old 06-28-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Omd, I'm glad you're getting your friend back. A true friend will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. For instance my friend offers to meet for lunch instead of 6pm at the bar.

I love swimming too, but not in a pool. That limits things for me. With the ocean around I'm like a seal. And that is great exercise.

Great rainy day here. That cloud of dispair is lifting. Now it's time for vigilance and to stay angry at this disease and with my situation. Use the anger to fight.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johnny555 View Post
Omd, I'm glad you're getting your friend back. A true friend will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. For instance my friend offers to meet for lunch instead of 6pm at the bar.

I love swimming too, but not in a pool. That limits things for me. With the ocean around I'm like a seal. And that is great exercise.

Great rainy day here. That cloud of dispair is lifting. Now it's time for vigilance and to stay angry at this disease and with my situation. Use the anger to fight.

Nice to hear you're feeling better Johnny! Good to see you being positive!
Old 06-28-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

63 days today!
Old 06-28-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! It's going to be another hot one today. I actually took a bath in the river yesterday morning..I might have to do that again today. There is nothing better than clean, cold mountain water. Especially on a weekend like this. My poor bunny Prudence who lives under the chicken coop is feeling it too. I invited her into the house but she's not having it..Hope everyone has a happy, sober day! And if not happy...just stay sober. Thanks everyone for your support in just being here. It means the world to me!
Old 06-28-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

That rocks Cee
Old 06-28-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Cee, your strength and commitment is inspiring. Thank you for sharing your struggles. Glad to hear everyone's weekend is going well. Feeling grateful for my life and health and sobriety this morning.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Ooh Cee, a frozen water bottle is good for bunnies on hot days. Mine would lay right next it to cool down.

Congrats to everyone racking up those days

Went with family to a timeshare thing we do every year. Everyone usually gets hammered since no one has to drive. I never really got into drinking with my family so it wasn't triggering for me. But man to see the dramatics (crying, arguing, etc) was intense. At one point my cousin and I left to go on a walk, just to get away from the craziness. Sheesh. Glad to be home.

We have orders to Spain. We're still waiting on paperwork so we don't know all the details. Either way I'm pretty excited

Hope everyone is hanging in there okay.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Hi! . We were invited to a BBQ by a coworker and there will be alcohol around. I really like this coworker, have even told her how much better I feel not drinking and she was happy to hear that. She did not know how bad my drinking had gotten though. I would not have been pressured to drink at all but I just don't know if I can be around it yet. Friday's temptation is still on my mind. I declined the invitation although it would have been so nice to go in that pool. About to go to the library with my son. Everyone have a great day.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Wow!

It's only 4pm, but I'm calling the day over. I felt good today, too good. I started flying, soaring like a rocket. I got manic. That medication is way too much on my system without alcohol. I did a few things to distract myself after deciding I was going to cave and get some relief. I kept thinking of you guys, what would happen tomorrow (I'd be nearly dead), thinking if I can make it til' 5 there is no more booze sales on Sunday. Plus I saw a Facebook message my friend sent that is a crazy emoticon lizard she says looks like me, and a note that she would be back at 6. She would have been hurt if I lost it and I was thinking of that. Then luck hit and I crashed from today's dose of medication (most likely the med, and not some mania). And what a crash it is. I'm in bed with the covers over me. If that kept rising up I would have been done for. I was delusional that I would be fine tomorrow.

I was convinced earlier that I no longer needed to see a doc and get my meds checked out. This stuff will make you think you're indestructible. I know I was wrong.

So it's safe now. I'd like to nap, as every inch of my body is tired. But it's probably better to get out to the store, get good food and get back home now. I can sleep later. If I nap, I will be so dead later tonight.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Was feeling really lazy this morning. And anxious. Depressed too. Hung out on the couch with my GF. Watched brain numbing TV like Dog the bounty hunter.

After losing some brain cells, we went grocery shopping. Which is probably the one thing I hate the most. I always go for what I need and get the hell out of there as fast as I can. I was able to keep my cool and just ride the wave. We loaded one cart at one store then went to Sams Club and loaded another one. By the end of that, I was done. Lol. She'd ask, what do you think about this baby? At first Id respond IDK or IDC then realized it would go quicker if I just said Yes/no or picked one. Glad that's all over.

Sat on the couch and took a 15min nap. Felt good.

Staying strong.
None for me today.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

edit. One of my rants.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

I am lying in bed with my stinky, hot, dog and the family is still up watching a movie. We had a good weekend. Went shopping at Ikea today and my feet are killing me!

We popped in on some friends and of course they offered some beers and wine. I still feel uncomfortable telling people I don't drink, so I just politely decline and usually its no big deal. But, today, and on a previous occasion, my husband is the one who makes the big announcement, telling everyone within ear shot that I quit drinking. I personally don't like the attention. I think he is rather proud of me, plus he is the type of person who really doesn't care what others think. He has no issue with just being himself and I trend to be self conscious, always wondering what people are thinking. I don't know, its just strange and new to me. just sharing for no reason I guess. I know I am an alcoholic, but openly admitting to friends is tough.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Good morning all, catch up laggers.