View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
martina12

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
I just finished reading Unwasted: My Lush Sobriety by Sacha Z. Scoblic and it gets a 10 out of 10 from me. It's a well written memoir, and I really appreciate her honesty. It also gives validation to my sometimes crazy sober thoughts. She joined a twelve step program and found her support through the group and from some true blue friends. She called them her wolfpack, and says she would not have 5 years of sobriety without them. As a recovering addict, she could not make sound decisions, because in the past, her decision making was based on her selfish need to continue drinking, and thinking that she was entitled to drink more and more and more. She found she had to bounce things off her wolfpack, even the simplest of things to make sense of the new found sober world. And it made perfect sense. We are not alone guys, we are doing this together, in every sense, this group has become my wolfpack.

There was so much I gleened from the book, but one point from the book that I am coming to terms with is that she is not fighting daily with only sheer willpower, she eventually chose sobriety. Making the choice to be sober was her turning point in maintaining her sobriety.
Thanks Cauliflower....I am going to buy this book, hopefully its on Amazon. I really need something like that to keep me on track...