Notices

2 Days in (48 Hours) Part 2 (ZaBoozers Thread)

Old 06-14-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

So I have reached the end of day sixty nine. I am very indecisive as I write this. Do I have milo, Horlicks or a late' as my "bed time" drink? My little shadow is being quite adorable as I write this. Unfortunately she is very camera shy, so you will have to just use the picture posted by BB earlier for a visual reference. Business first as usual.

Physically I am fine. I am not very tired, but hope that I sleep well tonight. My headache did not come back after this mornings sugar drink. I am wondering if that is the problem after all these years of drinking - low blood sugar.

Mentally I am good. I only got half of what I needed to do today done. Not much I can do about that now. Other than the sanitization and things that I needed to do, I spent the day reading and trawling the net for more research. A surprising theme kept recurring though throughout my trawling. The demand for NA craft beer. It seems though that the brewers are just not interested while the demand seems to be growing. The posts that I came across are between two and five years old - good for me in SA as we seem to lag the trend by at least five to ten years. Dr Google can be your friend sometimes, but I still prefer the old tomes of literature.

Emotionally I good. I had my moments this weekend. Especially when I was not able to do anything due to lack of either water or power. I believe that these feelings are normal given my situation. Not much I can do but continue forward day by day. The AV did get particularly strong a few times this weekend and I find that it is usually when I am feeling anger or self-pity. I find that with getting my mind occupied the AV recedes into the background fairly quickly.

As yet I still have no physical craving to drink. The temptation comes from my emotional state. My AV tries to bargain with me - Either I should reward myself for the sober time achieved, or I should drown out my self-pity. Fortunately for me, I am where I am at the moment and so I have a goal to achieve. I have to do this sober. This is not setting myself up or anything like that - but it is a "bargaining" tool I use against the AV. I do find that the AV is only starting to really show itself now. In the early days, I was too occupied with the physical symptoms to notice the "voice". Now, I don't have the physical symptoms to worry about so much - I have to deal with the reality of life and the "voice" is more predominant. It is not a constant thing and does pass in a short time.

The AV does not occupy every moment of my waking state at all. The bargaining and reasoning/pleading pass very quickly. I guess what I am trying to say is - I am starting to notice it more than what I have before. I do give in and make myself a decent coffee or have a big glass of water and the "voice" fades into the ether.

Well, I guess I am going to have water instead of a hot drink. I am just too lazy to go downstairs and prepare it. It is too nice and cosy to lie here on the bed with the cats and watch the fire. There is something calming and mesmerizing about a fireplace, especially in winter. To be quite honest, I don't know that it is winter unless I go outside.

Well it is movie time and tomorrow is work again. Tuesday is a holiday here, so it will be a short week.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-14-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Well done for keeping that AV in check. He's a sneaky bugger alright! Out of the blue today he started on about how one glass of wine over lunch was the healthy way to go!

Ha! Heard that one before!!!

Have a good night mate!
Old 06-14-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Well done for keeping that AV in check. He's a sneaky bugger alright! Out of the blue today he started on about how one glass of wine over lunch was the healthy way to go! Ha! Heard that one before!!! Have a good night mate!
Ta amp, I think this is what they meant about the 60-90 days. Catch you on the other side.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

So I start days seventy and it just happens to be a Monday morning. The sun is peeking her face over the horizon here. It is freezing outside. I am hoping to make today a short one. Business first.

Physically I am good. I battled to fall asleep last night. I am not sure why. The RLS bothers me at times. I think I should just set everything to sleep and then drop off when I feel that way instead of waiting to feel tired then get up and switch everything off. I had the headache from hell again this morning due to the lack of sleep.

Mentally I am good. I have a few meetings that I need to attend today. I am hoping to get them out of the way quickly and then do a duck. It is a holiday here tomorrow, so the sooner I can get things out of the way, the better.

Emotionally I am fine. I am at work and at least have that to keep me stable.

Well it is time for a coffee and a smoke. Time to get this show on the road and get things done.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-14-2015, 11:03 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Yum yum yummy! Gonna get me some Magnum mint ice cream! Someone mentioned Life Savers on a thread. Always liked the tropical ones which I haven't had in umpteen years. Gonna try those too. I do eat ice cream almost every day to wind down my day.... Been eating Blue Bunny frozen yogurt.. Great and less calories and fat.

Honestly Craig, you have got to be one of the nicest, most charismatic guys on the planet! The way you answer people is way cool.

Muchas gracias. Have a great week. We've had so much rain here that we can't plant our fields ... Heading to our lake house later today. I have lots of paperwork and reading to take with me.

Keep on keeping on.

Olivia
Old 06-15-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
Yum yum yummy! Gonna get me some Magnum mint ice cream! Someone mentioned Life Savers on a thread. Always liked the tropical ones which I haven't had in umpteen years. Gonna try those too. I do eat ice cream almost every day to wind down my day.... Been eating Blue Bunny frozen yogurt.. Great and less calories and fat.

Honestly Craig, you have got to be one of the nicest, most charismatic guys on the planet! The way you answer people is way cool.

Muchas gracias. Have a great week. We've had so much rain here that we can't plant our fields ... Heading to our lake house later today. I have lots of paperwork and reading to take with me.

Keep on keeping on.

Olivia
Hey there Olivia, you wont regret the magnum - you have my word on that.

Haha, I am not so sure about that, but I will take it as a compliment.

Enjoy the lake house and keep on keeping on.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-15-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

Day seventy draws to a close. What a boring day, but I will take it. Tomorrow is a holiday by us, so the office was quieter than a graveyard. Every meeting I had was cancelled. I wish the people that had organised them had had the fortitude to inform the rest of us about the cancelation. Such is life. To the business end.

Physically I am good. I am rather tired. Tonight I plan to just drop off in front of the TV. It has been a busy night for me with reading and measurements and things. I did have a headache earlier, but it seems to have gone for now. I hope I am asleep before it comes back.

Mentally I am great. I have been checking calculations and that sort of thing. I actually had a word with my boss today about our little run in on Friday. We seem to be on the same page now.

Emotionally I am good. I was busy throughout the day, and when I could not keep myself busy, my smoking buddy managed to occupy my time.

My EB is whinging - I need to work on the book. This is my own fault and I need to get on with it. It just seems that I am busy with so many things at any one time and that I am not getting around to everything. God alone knows how I got around to anything when I was drinking.

Well, lets see what rubbish is on the box. At least I have cat TV to watch when the tele is boring.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-15-2015, 11:56 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

IT is the start of day seventy one here for me. Today is a holiday so I got to sleep in, well sort of. To the business.

Physically I am good. I slept well. It was not so hard to get to sleep. I take some Beta-sleep about an hour before I plan on sleeping. It seems to help. I had my usual grogginess, but after two cups of coffee I feel fine.

Mentally I am good. I don't plan on doing much except reading today. Nothing to challenging, just more research.

Emotionally I am fair. It is still early in the day, but I suspect that it shall just be another normal one.

Well, the cats think the bed is part of their racetrack this morning. They are running and jumping on and over me while they chase each other. It is entertaining to say the least. I am quite enjoying their antics.

Time to jump in the bath and to get this day on.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-16-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Enjoy the holiday!
Old 06-16-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations on day 71 Zab
Old 06-16-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I second amp and Soberwof -enjoy your day off, 71 days is awesome
Old 06-16-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Enjoy the holiday!
Ta amp
Old 06-16-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Congratulations on day 71 Zab
Ta sw, much appreciated. Why does your avatar remind me of Peter Sellers?
Old 06-16-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I second amp and Soberwof -enjoy your day off, 71 days is awesome
Ta Saoutchick, much appreciated.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

I have reached the end of day seventy one. Not a very productive day unless you count trawling the net and reading. I suppose that it is not a total loss. Business first.

Physically I am great. My eyes are shattered and drooping from all the reading, so I am looking forward to a good nights rest. My headache did return around lunchtime, but faded after that. I need to be more consistent around my meal times. Eating one big meal a day is not working.

Mentally I am good. I read some very interesting things today that have got me thinking. I have been on the right track, sort of, and now the way forward seems to be clearer. I have a better understanding of sugar chemistry and such like.

Emotionally I am fine. I do have my moments, but I cannot not think about my situation. At least the cats keep me sane.

My little shadow has not left my side the whole day. I think she may have ideas that she is my assistant of sorts. It does get hard to take notes or read when the cat wants to be in your face or on you the whole time. I guess she gets lonely too when I am not home, so this is her catch-up time.

Well, it is back to work tomorrow. At least it is a short week for me. Tomorrow is halfway there and then we are into the downward stretch to the weekend.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-16-2015, 09:59 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

And so we start day seventy two. I am back at work. I cant say I am happy with that, but it pays the bills. I could really have spent the rest of the week off being lazy. Business first.

Physically I am ok. I really battled to get to sleep last night. As it is, I only dropped off way past midnight. My head feels like there are a bunch of rocks rolling around inside. My eyes are all dry and sore. I just want this day over. I wonder if I have not caught this blasted flu that is going around.

Mentally I am good. Although the head feels fuzzy, I am still able to focus and concentrate on the task at hand. I am not particularly enamoured with doing "work" today and would rather be doing something else.

Emotionally I am fair. I am hungry and I am tired. I reckon that will allow for some of the emotional turmoil and wing this morning.

Well the sun is coming up. The sky is reasonably clear. It looks like it is going to be a nice day today. But the look is deceiving - it is very cold outside. I have got my horrible cup of "work" filter coffee. One needs a spoon to drink this tar.

Time for a cigarette and to chew on the rest of this horrible sludge.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-16-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Have a good day, mate! Won't last forever (although sometimes they feel like they will!!).

Take care and watch out for HALT today!
Old 06-16-2015, 11:34 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hey why not bring a thermos with your own fancy coffee to work! Have a good day.

Olivia
Old 06-17-2015, 12:14 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Have a good day, mate! Won't last forever (although sometimes they feel like they will!!).

Take care and watch out for HALT today!
Ta amp, no worries mate. I actually just want my bed.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:15 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
Hey why not bring a thermos with your own fancy coffee to work! Have a good day.

Olivia
Haha Olivia, I have thought about that - but then I would have to share.