Notices

2 Days in (48 Hours) Part 2 (ZaBoozers Thread)

Old 06-17-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

I've just done the weekly shop and decided to buy a family pack of those Magnums....I must admit the mint one is delicious! Going to compare to the chocolate caramel one tomorrow...the pistachio one's are not included in the family pack but they were winking at me from the freezer section

Hope your day got better ZaB...
Old 06-17-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
I've just done the weekly shop and decided to buy a family pack of those Magnums....I must admit the mint one is delicious! Going to compare to the chocolate caramel one tomorrow...the pistachio one's are not included in the family pack but they were winking at me from the freezer section Hope your day got better ZaB...
Aahh m, heavenly. The white almond is my second favorite. Enjoy.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

Day seventy two is done and dusted. What a horrible bitterly cold day. I am so glad that it is over and to be home in front of the fire with the cats. Business first as usual.

Physically I am good. I am very tired after last night. The headache from hell has plagued me the whole day. I just want bed right now.

Mentally it was an ok day. I had a few things to do. Nothing rocket science, but work nonetheless.

Emotionally I am fine. I had my ups and downs, but nothing to really write home about.

Well, I am lying here with the cats. I am listening to the radio. I am not sure what they are listening to. They do seem to be paying attention though.

It really is very horrible outside. The wind cuts right through you. We are expecting -2degC early in the morning. I am not taking chances and have banked the fire right up. It is cosy and mesmerizing. I don't think I am going to be too keen to get out of the house tomorrow. Unfortunately I don't have any excuse to work from home.

Well bed time for me.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-17-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry about your headache ZaB.

D
Old 06-17-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sorry about your headache ZaB. D
Ta Dee, no worries mate. Will explain in the morning post.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:05 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

So we start day seventy three. It is freezing here and I really did not want to get out of bed. I really had to bargain with myself to come to work today. At least the wind is minimal. To the business first.

Physically I am good. I had no trouble falling asleep at all. I slept my usual five and a half to six hours and woke up at 02:30. I managed to doze until the alarm went off and was feeling a little groggy when I eventually had to get out of bed. No headache this morning.

Mentally I am great. I have a few things to get off my plate this morning. Not rocket science, but things to keep me occupied. The results from my tests are back and they are good. I am definitely on the right path with my goals to create a NA beer tasting drink. The results are negative i.e. no alcohol.

Emotionally I am fine. It is still early in the day. I don't believe my emotional state has anything to do with my recovery, well not the emotions I am going through. Instead, these have more to do with the situation I am in with my wife. However, that being said. I think that the booze fuelled nights have masked most of my feelings. So on a positive note, it is nice (not pleasant) that I am capable of feeling things.

Well, work is calling. I decided to leave home later and so arrived later and colleagues are now queuing outside my door for things. Let me get my act into gear and get on with the day.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-18-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 73 Zab
Old 06-18-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Congrats on day 73 Zab
Ta SW, much appreciated.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

It is the end of day seventy three for me. Today was fiendishly cold. Luckily the wind was minimal. All is well though, the cats and I are in front of he fire. To the business.

Physically I am good. I am tired. No headache though. I have felt fatigue most of the day. Not to be confused with a headache. Tomorrow is Friday and the start of the weekend. I can't wait for that b

Mentally I am great. I have spent the whole day sorting out some design work with a colleague. We are not done and shall continue tomorrow. This is good as it keeps me busy and helps pass the time.

Emotionally I am fine. The usual thoughts that start to become other thoughts and that sort of thing. I shall elaborate on this at a later stage once I have sorted it out in my own mind.

Well it is freezing this side. I really feel sorry for those that don't have my sort of fireplace. I spent most of my smoke breaks discussing the merits with one of my colleagues. He I now out to buy one. I cannot begin to describe how cold it is. We have a horrible wind that accentuates the cold. European winters, while cold, lack this horrible wind that eats through everything. It is bad if you are my height and size - tiny blokes with minimal fat are better suited to the Sahara in my opinion. The cats seem to share my opinion. I dropped my jacket on the floor in front of the fire, my shadow has shaped it into a bed for the evening. One eye on the cat TV.

So bed time for me.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-18-2015, 09:39 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Today is the start of day seventy four and it is Friday. Almost weekend. It is very cold outside, luckily no wind yet. Business first.

Physically I am good. I didn't have much trouble falling asleep. I only seem to sleep for around five to six hours at a time. I wish I could sleep more. As usual, I was up before the alarm clock. My head is a bit groggy this morning, but I will avoid the headache powders and see how it goes.

Mentally I am great. I have a whole bunch of ideas running around in my head. I am looking forward to trying some of them. I really love the creative process, it is almost like cooking.

Emotionally I am fair. It is the start of the weekend and I am hoping that it will be the same as last or better.

Well, it is time for a smoke and a cup of tar.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-19-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

You funny guy! Cup of tar!
I'm a fan of Chai Latte myself when I splurge.

Saw the Magnums yesterday. Double caramel calling my name (and mint). Have to deplete my supply first. Fell for the Nestles drumsticks on sale. The cookie dipped are great!

Well, have a great project producing weekend.

Keep on keepin on!

Olivia
Old 06-19-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

74 days is amazing , I'm really happy for you . At least the 5 to 6 hours sleep is more of a rested sleep than a hungover broken waking up after 2 to 3 hour sleep.

You seem to be settling into a nice routine there , good on Ya xxxx

:-)
Old 06-19-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Good Morning Zab...that cold weather just does not sound fun at all, sorry. I was complaining yesterday that is was only +17. I will not complain again, lol, better then -17 or -27! Have a good evening, I'm having just regular cup of java this morning.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

+32 degrees C here! Phew!!
Old 06-19-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice weekend Zab
Old 06-19-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
You funny guy! Cup of tar! I'm a fan of Chai Latte myself when I splurge. Saw the Magnums yesterday. Double caramel calling my name (and mint). Have to deplete my supply first. Fell for the Nestles drumsticks on sale. The cookie dipped are great! Well, have a great project producing weekend. Keep on keepin on! Olivia
Olivia, it is bad. I think it is the worse office coffee I have ever had.

Double caramel, sounds interesting. We don't get all the flavors here in SA though.

Keep on keeping on O.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
74 days is amazing , I'm really happy for you . At least the 5 to 6 hours sleep is more of a rested sleep than a hungover broken waking up after 2 to 3 hour sleep. You seem to be settling into a nice routine there , good on Ya xxxx :-)
Ta Snoozy. Much appreciated. Baby steps and I will get there.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
Good Morning Zab...that cold weather just does not sound fun at all, sorry. I was complaining yesterday that is was only +17. I will not complain again, lol, better then -17 or -27! Have a good evening, I'm having just regular cup of java this morning.
Hey there cauliflower, our cold is not usually this long. Our past two winters have been very mild. This is payback for that.

Have a good day.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
+32 degrees C here! Phew!!
I would swap amp. Where I come from we would have that in the shade.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Have a nice weekend Zab
Ta SW, you too.