Notices

2 Days in (48 Hours) Part 2 (ZaBoozers Thread)

Old 06-21-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

It is Monday morning and it is the start of day seventy seven for me. I am not particularly excited about this week at all. I am not for or against it. I am just neutral. Business first.

Physically I am ok. I battled to get to sleep last night. The restless feeling plagued me most of the night. As it is, I only got to sleep after midnight. So I am feeling a little tired.

Mentally I am good. I am focused, even though I would rather be somewhere else and busy with other things. I don't see this as a problem though.

Emotionally I am fair. It is still early in the day. At least I am at work. All sorts of things crop up and keep me occupied. A blessing in disguise.

Well, I am sipping on the work tar. They really need to invest in some decent coffee. I am going to go have a cigarette and contemplate this week. On the weather front - it is not so cold today. It is at that stage where you don't really need a fire burning. I think I will see how it is tonight and maybe let mine burn out now.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-22-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Do your best

I hope day 77 is a great day Zab
Old 06-22-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I hope day 77 is a great day Zab
Ta SW
Old 06-22-2015, 10:07 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

It is the start of day seventy eight for me. I missed last nights update. My apologies, but our power utility decided to load shed my neighbourhood, so I did not have power the whole night. Not a train smash as I got to go to sleep rather earlier than usual.

Physically I am great this morning. I had a slight headache when I woke up at 02:00, but it has since faded. I slept well last night and did not find it difficult to get to sleep. I am still smoking and I need to address this sometime soon.

Mentally I am excellent. I feel vindicated. I had to do some calculations for a problem that does not fall within my discipline or sphere of expertise. I was rather worried about the result as this issue has been dragging out for over a year now. Yesterday, a chemical engineer verified my results with their own independent calculation. I cannot wait to see my boss this morning. I have promised myself that this is the last time I will help out where it is not my area of expertise.

Emotionally I am fair. I am taking each day as it comes. The emotions range from either side of the sphere. I think this is normal and there is not much I can do about it. I do know that it take time, so I am hanging in there.

Well I am sipping on a cup of office tar. It is time for a cigarette and then to gloat some when my boss decides to make his appearance.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-23-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Zab keep up the fantastic work bud
Old 06-23-2015, 10:01 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Congrats Zab keep up the fantastic work bud
Ta SW, much appreciated
Old 06-23-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Good morning,

So I start day seventy nine. Again - no power last night. I hope this is not going to become a daily thing. It is very annoying, especially when the schedules do not correspond to the areas. Business first.

Physically I am good. I fell asleep ok and sleep was uninterrupted. I still do not have any dreams that I can recall. I am not complaining about this at all.

Mentally I am great. I have been reading a lot on water sciences and water manipulation. It makes for some deep thinking when planning a recipe. It is something that I have never paid much attention to, but is a real eye opener.

Emotionally I am good. It helps being at work and having people around. Luckily the evenings are short so there is not too much time to dwell on memories.

Well another day here in the JHB CBD. More corruption and bad news in the papers. It is not even worth looking at them today.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-24-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

And so day seventy nine draws to an end. Business first.

Physically I am very tired. I think the short sleep periods are catching up with me. I am looking forward to a good nights rest.

Mentally I am fine. I am enjoying a good book and it is making me think quite a bit.

Emotionally I am fair.

Not much to report this evening except that bed is calling.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-24-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Night ZaB...what book are you reading? I am on a run of Jodie Picoult books but looking for inspiration for something else?
M
Old 06-24-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Night ZaB...what book are you reading? I am on a run of Jodie Picoult books but looking for inspiration for something else? M
M, not sure you would enjoy this book. It is all about water chemistry.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Today is the start of day eighty. The sun is staring to rise a little earlier here in SA, but by no means is it less cold. The nights are still bitter and the morning chill is more than refreshing. To the business.

Physically I am great. I slept well last night. I had no problems falling asleep. I did wake with that groggy/headachy feeling. I am sure that a few coffees will fix that.

Mentally I am good. I do not have much to think about workwise, but I am reading a lot on water chemistry and those sort of things. It is keeping my mind occupied and I am thankful for that.

Emotionally I am ok. I have my moments and at times it does get a bit overbearing. The only thing I can do is to hang in there and put one foot in front of the other.

Well, things are not going good here in SA. Our power utility is sliding deeper into the quagmire that they have dug for themselves. The knock on effect from this is huge. Prices go up, projects get canned and eventually we start experiencing job cuts. This is already evident in the news. It is another stress that I don't particularly need at this stage of the game - but it is life.

So I sit, sip the tar that is office coffee and reflect on where I am. I have a feeling that very soon we are going to have job cuts where I work. All the other engineering houses here in SA have been through this exercise already. There is not much work here in SA and I believe that this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Unfortunately, it cannot get better overnight.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-25-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
M, not sure you would enjoy this book. It is all about water chemistry.
You're enjoying reading a book on water chemistry? ......really??!!

No you're right ZaB that really wouldn't be my cup of tea for bedtime reading!
I do enough of that stuff in my job

I'll stick to my Jodie Picoult novels.....

M
Old 06-25-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Do your best

80 days is fantastic Zab
Old 06-25-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Eighty days is awesome Za Boozer! As I've said before, you sure make it look easy! Congrats!
Old 06-25-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

And, of course, keep on keepin on!
Old 06-25-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
You're enjoying reading a book on water chemistry? ......really??!! No you're right ZaB that really wouldn't be my cup of tea for bedtime reading! I do enough of that stuff in my job I'll stick to my Jodie Picoult novels..... M
Haha m, yes it is interesting. All about alkalinity and hardness and ion manipulation.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

80 days is fantastic Zab
Ta SW.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
Eighty days is awesome Za Boozer! As I've said before, you sure make it look easy! Congrats!
Ta Olivia, much appreciated. You keep on keeping on too.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

So the end of day eighty is here. It is not so cold tonight, although the cats are being lovable and have snuggled up on either side of me. Business first.

Physically I am good. I am tired and I hope for a good nights rest.

Mentally I am great. I have been reading a lot lately and I am getting a grasp on the practicalities of what I am reading. I am looking forward to doing some tests this weekend. Hopefully I get all the chemicals that I have ordered in time.

Emotionally I am fine. Not much to write about here.

Well, it is almost weekend. I just have to get through tomorrow. I am not particularly looking forward to it and wish it was weekend already.

The eyes are drooping and sleep is calling.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-25-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
Haha m, yes it is interesting. All about alkalinity and hardness and ion manipulation.
Don't start!

I know all about pH, hardness and ions..not so sure about the ion manipulation bit though

Mustn't get carried away.....

ZaB you really are an instigator of naughtiness

M