Notices

2 Days in (48 Hours) Part 2 (ZaBoozers Thread)

Old 06-11-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

It is the start of day sixty seven today. It is way colder than yesterday, but at least the sky is clearing up. We had rain during the night so the roads were chaos this morning. To the business first.

Physically I am good. I did sleep well last night although it was a struggle to fall asleep. I am not sure where the RLS has come from, but it seems to step it up when I am feeling relaxed. I did have a headache again this morning. I am convinced though that this is from lack of sleep.

Mentally I am good. I am raring to go this morning. I have a few thing to do and then I can start the weekend on a good note. I have worked out my recipes and am looking to see how they will turn out.

Emotionally I am good. I hope that this weekend will be the best one since the start of this whole thing. I have tasks and things to do that should take up most of the weekend, so we shall see how that goes.

Well, time for a coffee and a cigarette before I kick this day into action.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-11-2015, 11:30 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Have a good day ZaB
Old 06-11-2015, 11:58 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Have a good day mate!
Old 06-12-2015, 02:52 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Have a good day ZaB
Ta m, you too.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Saw this and thought of you

My cats jockey for position in front of the heater. Many evil-eye looks are given to he/she who gets the closest position.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Saw this and thought of you

My cats jockey for position in front of the heater. Many evil-eye looks are given to he/she who gets the closest position.

Ta BB, very apt. Mine are a little more spoilt though.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

So I have reached the end of day sixty seven. It has been a busy evening to say the least. It is a lot of work putting a recipe into practice, but I am very impressed with the results so far. Now for the long wait. To the business end first.

Physically I am good. I am tired, but I can live with that. I hope that I don't have the RLS tonight. I am going to put some mindless movie on and set the sleep. I think that might work. I do have a headache, but it is like that fuzzy thing you get when you do not have enough sleep.

Mentally I am good. My boss and I butted heads today. This is a very rare occurrence as we usually reason things out. Today was not that day at all and we both refused to give ground. We did part on good terms and although it is not pleasant, it is good to flex the mental muscle a bit. I think we both have a lot on our minds and I think this might have contributed to the frustration today.

Emotionally I am fair. It is the start of the weekend, so we shall see how it goes.

It is freezing outside. This cold front shows no sign of letting up. Luckily, I have a fire going. It is not pleasant at all outside. I am not looking forward to grouting the patio tomorrow.

Well time for a late' for me. Or should that be a cappuccino? I am not sure, I will make it up as I go along.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-13-2015, 01:16 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Well it is an ominous start to day sixty eight. There is a burst water pipe outside my house, so the water is off, and the kitchen guys are not here yet. No worries, I have plenty to read. To the business end.

Physically I am good. I did not have the RLS last night. I slept well, but not long enough. My head is a little groggy but that it from lack of sleep.

Mentally I am good. I have a lot to read through today. Mostly about grains and things. The science is the interesting part.

Emotionally I am good so far. I don't expect much to change too much today to upset this.

So, no water until the utility provider can fix it and no kitchen counters. I cant grout, because I cant mix it. Ahh well, I can just lie here and read I suppose.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-13-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Well...grouting's not all it's cracked up to be anyway! Hope you get your water back on soon!
Old 06-13-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Well...grouting's not all it's cracked up to be anyway! Hope you get your water back on soon!
Ta amp, but it is something that I need to get finished. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

So it is the end of day sixty eight for me. The water utility has just left. I could have repaired the pipe myself in five minutes flat. In hindsight, I should have just done it myself. To the business end.

Physically I am good. I am tired, not from physical exertion, but from all the reading. The grogginess turned into a headache which disappeared after I took something for it.

Mentally I am fine. I have spent the whole day reading up on some technical stuff. I did have the odd break of a mindless movie or two, but mostly I have been brushing up on water chemistry and such like.

Emotionally I am good. I did expect more of the L today, especially as I could not do what I wanted to do, but it wasn't so bad.

It turned out to be a rather nice day weather-wise. The sun was out and we had clear skies. The temperature wasn't to cold. I even had an ice-cream.

My shadow has not left my side the whole day. She is becoming rather vocal and I think she thinks she is talking to me. She seems to be very curious in any thing I do and follows me around like a dog. She has never been interested in test samples before but now wants to sniff at everything and anything I do.

Well, time for a coffee - my first of the day with the blasted water. Then time for a mindless movie.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-13-2015, 11:27 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

So today is the start of day sixty nine and it brings new problems along. This morning I find that one of the plug circuits keeps tripping the electricity. Another problem to resolve. To the business first.

Physically I am good. I slept well. I did have a slight headache this morning, but instead of taking a headache powder, I decided to have a sweet carbonated drink - it took the headache away as I was drinking it. I think I might be onto something here.

Mentally I am good. I have a lot planned for today and I need to get stuck in. Time to put the reading into practice.

Emotionally I am fair. It is still early days so we shall see how it goes.

Well, now the conundrum. Do I sort the electrics out myself or do I get someone in to do it?

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:23 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Morning ZaB

Hoping that the water problem and circuit problem not connected? Hmm....

Glad the sun shone for you yesterday, it did here as well. I had an ice cream too. I seem to have developed a new addiction, those chocolate ice lollies with the double chocolate centres

M
Old 06-14-2015, 12:39 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Morning ZaB

Hoping that the water problem and circuit problem not connected? Hmm....

Glad the sun shone for you yesterday, it did here as well. I had an ice cream too. I seem to have developed a new addiction, those chocolate ice lollies with the double chocolate centres

M
Hey m,

Not connected at all - just one of those things in life. At least I can sanitize my experiment vessels today.

I like the magnum mint chocolate. Not sure if you get them, but it is ice cream with mint chocolate around it and bits of mint crisp in the chocolate.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-14-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Afternoon ZaB! (Morning for me). Mint chocolate chip (in the US) is prolly my fave. Your description with the crisp is either a more elegant ice cream or just a really good description by you! We have it in white or light green with chunks of chocolate. I like the idea of crisps, etc.

Anyway, keep on keeping on.

Big Love.

Olivia.

I found this sight in April so I kinda relate to you April guys and gals. I'm not sober and I work seven days a week spring thru fall. I usually nap a few hours at night and get up and read these posts, sometimes for two hours at a time. It really helps me as I think about some of this stuff all day as I'm working. I consider you as a recovering "hard core" drinker. I'm not that bad but need to pull the strings in A LOT. I ride my bike before work (on the levee) and do sit ups on my ab roller for now. Anyway, thanks to all you guys for your posts. It helps everyone. Sometimes I don't post cause I wonder if sober people would rather not hear from us still drinking. I don't want to trigger anyone. Have a great day! Lots of thunderstorms in the midwest these days.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

SR is for everyone Olivia - I like to think we're especially for those who are still drinking but who really want to stop

Why not check out our Class of June thread?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-2-a-9.html

D
Old 06-14-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! I love the June thread! I can relate to everyone struggling. Sometimes I feel like a loser but then again, I've never been a loser. Just struggling with something called alcohol!
Old 06-14-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hey Olivia, personally I think this site is for both those who are sober and for those who would like to be. You won't find a lot of judgement going on but maybe some plain talking!!!

I highly recommend that you touch base in the June group but also keep visiting us in April (with or without commenting).

Time for you to start taking care of YOU!!!
Old 06-14-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

You got that right Amp! Why would I be on this site and reading lots of books if I didn't think I have a problem. Taking baby steps.... Thanks for your comment. Wake up Olivia!!! Hits home.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
Afternoon ZaB! (Morning for me). Mint chocolate chip (in the US) is prolly my fave. Your description with the crisp is either a more elegant ice cream or just a really good description by you! We have it in white or light green with chunks of chocolate. I like the idea of crisps, etc.

Anyway, keep on keeping on.

Big Love.

Olivia.

I found this sight in April so I kinda relate to you April guys and gals. I'm not sober and I work seven days a week spring thru fall. I usually nap a few hours at night and get up and read these posts, sometimes for two hours at a time. It really helps me as I think about some of this stuff all day as I'm working. I consider you as a recovering "hard core" drinker. I'm not that bad but need to pull the strings in A LOT. I ride my bike before work (on the levee) and do sit ups on my ab roller for now. Anyway, thanks to all you guys for your posts. It helps everyone. Sometimes I don't post cause I wonder if sober people would rather not hear from us still drinking. I don't want to trigger anyone. Have a great day! Lots of thunderstorms in the midwest these days.
Hey Olivia,

Here is a link to the ice cream I am talking about - https://www.google.co.za/search?q=ma...FcWs2wodtw8Agw

It has little mint crisps in the chocolate. Lurvly.

This "journal" of mine is not limited to "recovering" anything or anyone. One part of me is selfish in that I keep it to remind myself of the hell I went through to get sober. I find that it is cathartic for me to write these things down. Sometimes I am forced to put some thought into things that happened and will only post it in a following post. Most of all it is to keep me honest if that makes sense? This journey for me is a new one - I have never been through anything like this sober. Strange though it may seem. Relationships ending, death of friends and family - I was always intoxicated in some way or another. So in a sense, I am learning to deal with life in ways that I should have learnt over twenty years ago.

I appreciate all feedback. It does not matter whether you drink or not to me. As strange as it may seem, whether someone else drinks or not is not the trigger for me. I would always be drinking before anyone else anyway.

It is good to periodically reassess our situations and lifestyles. I wish I had taken stock of my drinking many years ago. Perhaps it would not got out of hand then.

I like your exercise regimen. I am not much of a bike fan though, so I only used it when the weather was miserable outside.

It sounds like you are busy with some deep introspection. There is nothing to be afraid of - the world will carry on regardless. It is life and it is your journey. Please don't become a stranger and you are more than welcome to post here and on any other thread I am sure. The other posts above have said it better than I could.

No thunderstorms at this time of the year in my part of the world.

Take it easy and don't sweat the small stuff.

Cheers,

ZAB

P.S. If you can get your hands on one of those magnum chocolates - go for it. There are other flavours with almond nuts in the chocolate too.