View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
tanja

Good Morning Undies,

I never did get around to walking the dogs yesterday. I was very overtired from waking at 4:00 a.m. I did manage to get and do some food shopping and clean up around the house a little. I got a call from my sister that my nephew's wife had left him and took the baby. It was not drinking related. He does all the cooking and cleaning and also takes care of the baby. She drops her clothes on the floor and my sister and my nephew pick them up. She is always putting my nephew down. She knows that she is a b*tch and is proud of it. She regaled how he was groveling a few months ago for her not to leave. The fight started out with my nephew merely asking her to help out more. She doesn't work and watches movies all day long. She posts on facebook that he can earn the money - while she spends it. I don't think she ever loved him, I think she just wanted a meal ticket and a baby. She had four cats. She left and dumped them at the animal shelter. Needless to say, the one week of sobriety my nephew had was blown. My sister was crying. She said she couldn't go through what she went through 4 years ago with him drinking and coming and going at all hours. He has had a DUI and if the gets another he faces jail time. She asked when I could take him to another AA meeting. I said it was up to him. In my experience, you have to really want to be sober more than you want to drink and he is just not there yet. He said he doesn't like AA. I asked my sister for the reasons why and she didn't know the reasons why. I had given him a list of two meetings for young people. I have asked him to make a list of the pros and cons of drinking, but he never did it. The only support system he has are my sister and myself. All I can do at this point is lead by example and support and encourage him.

MidnightBlue - Wow - 2 hours in the gym! That's impressive. What do you do in the gym? I walk about 6 miles a day on the treadmill, but I would really like to expand and increase my routine. That picture of a herd of elephants was just precious.

Grace - You should be so proud of yourself for being unexpectedly confronted with alcohol and better yet others sniffing it and dealing with it in such a great way! Kudos to you I am so glad to hear that you get a vacation break from the 14th to the 18th. It's so essential to get downtime to rest and relax.

TT - I hope your toothache gets better soon. I had the back of my tooth break off a while back. Fortunately it wasn't too painful.

Nicky - Congratulations on 10 months of sobriety That is a huge accomplishment! I think that really calls for a celebration or treating yourself in some way. One year is right around the corner for you my friend!

FP - Congratulations on 8 months of sobriety:day6 You are one amazing woman. Not only achieving such a wonderful milestone, but giving up caffeine and nicotine.

My plans for the day are to rest up, exercise, talk to my nephew and attend my woman's meeting tonight. Wishing everyone a wonderful Monday!