View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
duane1
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Hello All,
Made it through the holidays sober. There was one time I went out w/ my neighbor that made me miss being able to drink w/ everyone else, but I got through it. Hit 7 months on Jan 1st. Took almost the whole holiday week and a half off. W/ a 3 and 5 year old, I wanted to be home with them. Things haven't exactly been going so well with my wife. I thought quitting drinking would help our situation, but it really hasn't. My wife used to be a huge trigger for my drinking when she would yell at me. I avoid the drinking now, but the yelling really has put me into a shell in my own home. I feel like everything I say is thrown back in my face and it really makes me avoid talking to her. 5 minutes later, she expects me to bounce right back and ignore the way she talks to me. Unfortunately, I can't just bounce back like that.
Anyway, Tanja I am so sorry for the situation you are going though. Being a dog lover it would pain me to return a dog. I had to do it many years ago and I can imagine how hard it is. My thoughts are with you.