Notices

Class of June-Part 2

Old 06-19-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Waterfountain - Congrats! And have a wonderful time at the concert!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:42 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hello again everyone...

Sorry I didn't respond earlier...hubby and I decided to go for a ride on our scooter's.

Chama-I used to say "tubular" also, or if it was really tubular I would say "totally tubular...lol.
Now for a ******* block (I don't know if that is how you spell it), I think it was some kind of toy that you would piece together and they had pointy little things that stuck out on all sides. I don't know, maybe I didn't really know what I was talking about...It was just one of those sayings that kids would throw around at school (and we thought we knew it all when we were younger-NOT!!!) Tee! Hee!

Thank you for your compliment on the wedding frame...it would be neat to be able to sell them in a shop.
I also make albums too, I've made wedding, baby, hunting, graduation and many other's.
Where I used to work, people used to order albums from me...they seem to have been a big hit.

I'm glad you had a divine day...I too need a haircut really bad, it's been a few month's and I have some dead ends that need to be trimmed off.
Now...how about them chocolate covered strawberries...Did you make any to satisfy your sweet tooth? Tee! Hee!
You have a wonderful evening my dear and I will talk to you later.

Waterfountain-I would like to thank you too for your compliments on the wedding frame...I had fun working on it.
For the past few days I kept working on the card...then last night I decided to put the card (front) in the frame, that way it can be displayed on their wall, instead of being stuck in a drawer somewhere.

WoooHooo Day 10-come on day 11. You are making real progress and seem to be doing very well.
I still get my cravings to "alter" my mind with that buzzed feeling. But I haven't given in to it yet and I really hope I can stay strong. One day at a time is all I can do.

Well it's after midnight here, so I'm going into my 20th day...it seems soo unreal.
It used to be, when I wanted the buzz I would go for it.
Now, I'm trying to control it and let time take it's course because eventually that craving (at least for the day) does go away.
Also...my cravings can pop up anywhere from at 11:00 a.m. to about 6 p.m., after 6 I'm usually good to go...by then I feel it's too late in the evening to get started...lol.

Hey, you have fun at the concert tonight...let us know how it turns out and what your feelings were on it, without drinking. It helps me to hear other people's experiences and gives me ideas on how to deal with things in certain situations.
Looking forward to hearing from you all safe and sound later

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I'm getting ready for Nite Nite time again...I'm getting very sleepy.
I hope everyone is doing ok,
See ya later,
Hugs and God Bless!!!
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-20-2009, 05:08 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Well.....here i sit @ 7:00 a.m.,,,,lol, gotta work today, but it's a celebration of sorts.....first sat. In a long time...i'm not taking any morning pills, except my blood pressure....feeling better and better.....i am proud of me...i want to be happy, and somewhat healthy...i've been through quite a ride this month...most of which not good.....i lost my dog, i had an abnormal pap, i lost 10lbs.......i'm not a diet person , never have been....don't know where the weight went....have no idea why, and it's scaring me............i am a mother of 4 grown children my baby will be 25 yrs. Old aug., i am a nanny to nine grands...ages 3 through 11, i am on my second marriage of 4 yrs. To a great guy that's 33......i got a lotta people to live for....hence, getting clean and sober for.....just hoping for the best...knowing i haven't taken the best care of my self for the last 10 yrs......i smoke cigs too, but i'm not ready to give them up....just yet...and hey....i got the greatest friends....right here, had i not been where i been i wouldn't have ever met u guys....so....guess i am doing ok....cuz i'm happy today!!!......although most of u are still in bed...i'm looking forward to checkin in on u all, when i get home this afternoon....i hope u all have a wonderful sat......and thankyou all......for being here for me much love...bnme aka kimmy 2!!
Old 06-20-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Good Morning!

Kimmy1 - I would encourage you to look into it! (Selling your crafts) Maybe you could talk to wedding planners? and Bridal Shops? Maybe if your hubby was the one to sell them... it wouldn't affect your unemployment? Not legal advice! Just a thought.

I ended up with fresh cherries instead of chocolate covered strawberries. Cherries are getting cheaper now and I love them! Just can't eat too many of them as they tend to 'clean out the system' quicker than may be comfortable.

Kimmy2 - Wow! You've had a lot of stressors in the past month. Again, I'm so sorry about your dear dog! And abnormal pap? Yikes! Has that been resolved? Let us know what's going on with that!

You do have friends here and I'm glad you're feeling happy and connected. It's a wonderful feeling and you deserve it! I look forward to you checking in this afternoon!

Waterfountain - How did it go last night? I have a couple of concerts coming up this summer that I'm a little worried about. I know all my friends will be drinking wine and smoking pot. I loved having a couple of glasses of wine at the concerts but now I can't and I'm worried that it simply won't be as much fun. I'd love to hear your experiences!

Jade09 and Lindsay - Where are you? Everything ok?

Rebecca - I'm worried about you and hope you decide to come back soon! You're always welcome here, hope you know that!

As I mentioned yesterday, I am feeling so much better! I guess I just had pms from he11! Hopefully it won't be like that every month. But regardless, I can't worry about that now. I'm just going to enjoy NOT feeling like an emotional wreck.

Not a whole lot planned for today. I'd like to take my regular hike but it's foggy right now so I'm going to wait a bit. I need to do some laundry and a bit of house cleaning. And today is the last day of the sale at Target on those shirts that I love... so I'm thinking just 2 more... I'm really afraid that my sister is going to steal a few when she comes in July, so I want to be stocked. (Not steal in a bad way! She's welcome to anything she wants pretty much. We're very, very close!)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful morning!
Old 06-20-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hey guys! I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

Last night was interesting. It was the first concert I've been to sober in my adult life (I'm 25). It was a techno concert, so I danced the whole time. It seemed like everyone had a drink in their hand; though since it was a dance concert, I also noticed a lot of people only had bottles of water (I wonder how many of them were rolling on E instead though.... o.O). I had a bottle of water (which I stuck one of my glowsticks in ) and the boyfriend never went to the bar. After a few hours of dancing, the frosty beers and cups of icy drinks were looking pretty good - but I never really felt that tempted. I just got a bottle of ice cold water and continued dancing - doing my best to "live in the now" and enjoy the energy. It was AWESOME to not get dehydrated and pooped as easily as I used to when I would drink. ADAAT and Chama - I highly recommend, in any of your future gathering-ventures, drinking water as you would breathe air - if you're fully hydrated, the drinks won't look nearly as good. Also, just losing yourself in the energy that everyone is releasing is a great way to get naturally intoxicated. I definitely felt some sort of buzz or high from immersing myself in the crowd
And today, I haven't showered yet, but I feel so clean and refreshed.... *contented sigh*.

ADAAT - I haven't experienced the cravings yet, but I'm sure they'll come. I wish you the best of luck with yours - stay strong! You could always try doing a series of stretches every time you get the urge to drink. That way, you'll not only distract yourself, but also gradually become more flexible; win-win! Good luck with day 20! I know you'll do fine

Chama,
It's usually that way with my friends too. They all seem to understand that I'm not doing those types of things these days, and are very pleased that I'm not advertising/advocating sobriety or anything.

bnme247,
Yikes, you have had a rough month indeed! *hugs*
I'm glad you're happy today, and I hope the rest of your afternoon goes well!

I think I'll go for a walk now. I live in downtown, and I think there's various festivals and whatnot going on today, so I want to see what's all going on.

Take care folks, I'll probably be back in a short bit.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:05 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hello fellow Junebugs,

I'm still hanging in there....now on day 20....It's amazing that I have the "urges", yet I still hang in there. I hope I can keep this up
I'm almost thinking about getting a pizza for dinner tonight...It's just too hot to cook...on the other hand, maybe we'll just cook spaghetti again...it's cheaper.
Save the pizza for another day.

BNME (Kimmy2)-Thank you for sharing your story with us...
I'm sorry your going through so many difficulties....I hope that with each passing day this will get better for you.
Hang in there

Chama-It's good to hear your feeling good again today.
Mmmmm, that sounds good, fresh cherries...I haven't had them in a long time.
Get up to Target and get a couple more of those shirts, you really deserve it
Have a nice day!!!

Waterfountain-I'm so happy you had a good time at the concert, that is awesome. Thank you for going in to details of how it went and how you felt.
Maybe the cravings that I "think" that I'm experiencing is really just me trying to convince myself to drink, I'm trying really hard not to listen.
Thank you again for your words of inspiration.
I hope you have a wonderful evening.
------------------------------------------------

Well, I'm off to go help hubby with the dinner.

I hope everyone is doing well,
I will talk to you all later,
Hugs,
Kimmy (1) XOXO
Old 06-20-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Classical, stopped by even though I'm not class of June
Old 06-20-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I'm here, i'm here! I've had a busy morning. I had a nice workout at the gym, returned some items at the mall, went grocery shopping...then came home, showered...and hit the couch for a nap! Today's day 20...and I did have some temptations today. I was driving in my car in the hot, HOT heat...and thought about how nice it would be to get a 6 pack. However, I really thought about it and realized it would not be a relaxing afternoon if I drank. I'd end up drinking until I couldn't drink anymore, probably spend the rest of the weekend drunk...and be down on myself. Not what I want! I value my sober time. My weekends are truely relaxing. I don't need to ruin that by drinking.

SO yes, overcame that. I'll probably get something to eat shortly here and head back over to my boyfriends house for the night.

I'm glad everyone's doing well.

I've been somewhat...irritable these past couple days since I've been cutting back on celexa, and just recently stopped completely...well, 3 days ago to be exact...so I'm a little more 'on edge' than normal. haha.

ANYWAY, stay strong, all!!!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi Classical,
Thank you for stopping by and congratulating us...that was very sweet of you.
Way to go on 6 months....Wow! That is awesome.
As you go back through the threads, you will see that I'm mainly the one who is having moments of cravings.
I don't know if it will ever pass or if I will just do it to get it out of my system.
I'm just taking it a day at a time, an hour at a time.
I think what's holding me back so far is how guilty I will feel the next day.
Thank you for saying it gets easier and easier...I'm looking forward to it.
Have a great evening,
Hugs,
Kimmy XOXO

Last edited by ADayAtATime; 06-20-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:33 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hi Believe808,
Thank you for stopping by...your welcome in here anytime
By the way, I like your avatar....very powerful.
You have a great evening too,
Hugs,
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-20-2009, 03:41 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Lindsay,

Hey there, Thanks for checking in with us today.
20 Day's....I'm right there with you chicky....Way to go

Sounds like you had a very fulfilling day

I know what you mean about the cravings, it seems like that's all I talk about these past few days...lol. But I'm still hanging in there.
It's very hot here too...I'm about to turn the A/C on...Yuck!!!

Well I guess it's time for dinner...I will talk to you later.
Try to stay cool,
Next time you have a craving...come in here and talk about it, like you just mentioned in your post. Not only does it help you, it helps other's (ME) that are reading it.

Lot's of Hugs,
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-20-2009, 05:34 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

ADAAT- yay! congrats on your 20 days as well! I don't know about you, but this is the best I've done in a long, long time...it's exciting. But I definitely will make an effort to come here and talk about my cravings.

Sometimes I even get pissed because I can't drink like a 'normal' person. I see all these people out on the water here in my area, drinking beer, boating, and having a good time. I wish I could still do that. It can be very frustrating. As many terrible things alcohol has brought to my life in the past, there have also been many fun times! It wasn't all bad. I guess essentially, lately it had gotten bad. Unmanageable as they say...in LOTS of ways. The alcoholic voice in my mind is like, "hey, why not...you can have fun, have a couple beers with friends" but in reality, I CANNOT. A couple beers isn't good enough! No amount is ever enough, actually. My alcoholism had progressed to a point where I'd become a completely different person when I was drunk. I was a mean, hurtful, irresponsible, wreckless, irrational person...a person I grew to hate. That's not healthy. THESE are the things I need to remind myself of whenver I feel the urge...

Okay, enough venting! Just had to get that out there...Thanks guys.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Lindsay,

This has been my longest stretch of time too...

I get disappointed too, I see my neighbor's drinking and I can hear people throwing their bottles away in the trash...just knowing they are probably feeling nice and buzzed.

I can't just have a couple either...it's the whole dang 12 pack...lol.
Years ago I didn't give it much thought to drink a couple days a week, then slowly out of no where I started to develop a guilty conscience about drinking. I don't if it's because I knew the amount I was drinking was not that of a normal person. Or maybe it's because I couldn't stretch my drinking days out a little longer, like to at least once a month. My mom thinks I'm too hard on myself and my hubby doesn't mind me drinking just as long as it's not all the time...he said that he wouldn't mind me doing it once in a while.
When I would drink, even if nothing bad happened, I would just feel guilty because I drank. There are times I think I have metal problems...lol.
My drinking would also make me feel like I'm a bad person and I know deep down I'm not.
I feel like I'm rambling....sorry....lol.

I do the same thing girl....I remind myself of these things too.
I'm so happy your here and your talking about it. Thanks for inspiring me
Tomorrow is another day...One day at a time

Hugs to you,
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-20-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

ADAAT...its surprising/weird to me that your mom thinks your too hard on yourself and that your hubby doesn't mind when you drink. i guess because my situation is the complete opposite! My mom has been on me about my drinking since I started drinking in high school. (i'm now 25) Back then before in even became a problem I definitely drank what would be considered too much...I'd get sick, be hungover all day, etc. I didn't admit to myself or anyone else that the drinking really was a problem until about a year ago. However, my mom had known all along...or at least that I was headed in that direction.

As for my boyfriend...we've been dating for about 6 months or so. It's rather serious, probably the most serious I've ever been. (moving in, marriage talk, etc) When our relationship began I was drinking...he drank...and it was a disaster! He wasn't a big drinker, but I never failed to get completely intoxicated and out of control...and become that person I hate. We both came to the realization that our relationship would not work if alcohol were a part of it. I always told myself I'd be okay if I dated someone that drank in moderation...but that has changed. Whoever I do end up with can't drink. I don't want to even be around it...if it can be helped. Of course there will be those social events where it's beyond my control, but I can't and don't want to spend my lfie w/someone that drinks. Smelling alcohol on his breath when I was trying not to drink was a huge trigger for me. It's odd, because I don't mind when my roommate/best friend drinks. However, before when he did...and I was trying not to...it killed me inside.

BUT ANWYAY Kimmy...it sounds like your drinking caused more personal/internal guilt...and YOU thought yourself a bad person when you drank...more so than hearing things from others. I guess I could say mine came from both ends. Family and friends told me I needed to stop and that it was the root of all of my problems...AND I felt like I bad person.

My mom has always told me time and time again...I'm NOT a bad person...just a person with a problem that is beyond my control...but luckily something that I can work on and fix. So that's what I'm doing now!

Well decided to stay home tonight and take it easy...enjoying my alone time tonight!
Old 06-20-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Lindsay,

I just now "finally" turned the A/C on...we only have window units, but they work pretty good. They also have remote controls and a timer, so that cuts down on how long we run them...I know, I sound lazy that I can't just get up and walk over to the unit and turn it off...lol.

You hit that right on the head....drinking caused more personal/internal guilt.
But oh well, what can I say....Right now, I'm just trying to stay away from it and see what life can be like without it. So far, so good.....just get a few cravings here and there. I think I'm doing pretty good, normally I would have already gone to the corner several times within the past 20 days and purchased my 12 pack.
I'm actually controlling "it" for once, by not giving into the booze as soon as I "think" I need it...I'm "thinking" instead of "drinking".
The great thing about this....is the money I'm saving...that is always a BIG plus.
Then I get to reward myself with little things. I still have to be cautious with the spending until Hubby and I can find a job. Not having a job at this moment, has taught me to appreciate the little things But it sure would be nice to have more money.
Just as many people, we have to learn to be frugal.

Enjoy your night in Lindsay, I'm glad you stayed home...because we get to talk a little...lol.

Keep doing what your doing, you are making real progress. I am sooooo proud of you and I know your proud of yourself

It's starting to cool off in here now....Ahhhhhhh!
Well, I will talk to you in a little while,
Hugs,
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-20-2009, 09:20 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ADayAtATime View Post
Hi Classical,
Thank you for stopping by and congratulating us...that was very sweet of you.
Way to go on 6 months....Wow! That is awesome.
As you go back through the threads, you will see that I'm mainly the one who is having moments of cravings.
I don't know if it will ever pass or if I will just do it to get it out of my system.
I'm just taking it a day at a time, an hour at a time.
I think what's holding me back so far is how guilty I will feel the next day.
Thank you for saying it gets easier and easier...I'm looking forward to it.
Have a great evening,
Hugs,
Kimmy XOXO
Do what? Hmmm I hope I'm taking that the wrong way!
Old 06-20-2009, 09:23 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Good night everyone! Had a long but very nice day and I have to get up early tomorrow for my volunteer gig. Just wanted to check in quickly and say hello, and I'm sober and I'm happy and... guess what?
Tomorrow will be a month for me.

I'll check in in the morning and I'll write back more substantially tomorrow evening.

Sleep tight everyone, and stay safe!
Old 06-21-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Oh my damn........i too did a big long post and wrote to everyone....but it's gone....so anyway ....good morning to my wonderful friends.....hope all have a great day.....i had wrutten last night, that we all had shortcomings that's what brought us all together.if we stumble...hey, so what, that's why we are all still here leaning on each other....i love the song by miley "the climb".......i can so relate....makes me tear up every time i hear it....i especially love to hear my nine yr old grandson belting it out when we hear it on the radio......really tearry eyed then....good song, anyway just checking in.....i know most of u are still nite nite....i'll be around here some where..................................... Lotta luv, bnme
Old 06-21-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

UOH....... I JUST SEEN WHERE THIS IS MY 22ND POST....ALMOST THERE, I WILL BE ABLE TO PM..........YEEEHAAAAA!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Dang that smiley looks evil......didn't mean it that way!!!lol