View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
ADayAtATime

Lindsay,

I just now "finally" turned the A/C on...we only have window units, but they work pretty good. They also have remote controls and a timer, so that cuts down on how long we run them...I know, I sound lazy that I can't just get up and walk over to the unit and turn it off...lol.

You hit that right on the head....drinking caused more personal/internal guilt.
But oh well, what can I say....Right now, I'm just trying to stay away from it and see what life can be like without it. So far, so good.....just get a few cravings here and there. I think I'm doing pretty good, normally I would have already gone to the corner several times within the past 20 days and purchased my 12 pack.
I'm actually controlling "it" for once, by not giving into the booze as soon as I "think" I need it...I'm "thinking" instead of "drinking".
The great thing about this....is the money I'm saving...that is always a BIG plus.
Then I get to reward myself with little things. I still have to be cautious with the spending until Hubby and I can find a job. Not having a job at this moment, has taught me to appreciate the little things But it sure would be nice to have more money.
Just as many people, we have to learn to be frugal.

Enjoy your night in Lindsay, I'm glad you stayed home...because we get to talk a little...lol.

Keep doing what your doing, you are making real progress. I am sooooo proud of you and I know your proud of yourself

It's starting to cool off in here now....Ahhhhhhh!
Well, I will talk to you in a little while,
Hugs,
Kimmy XOXO