Notices

Class of June-Part 2

Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

(((Rebecca))) I'm sorry about the job! I know you were very excited and so I can imagine it must have been terribly disapointing and frustrating. I have faith that something much better is going to come along!

I'm going to repeat what everyone else has already said... I'm so glad that you are jumping right back on the horse. Even the best riders get thrown off once in awhile!

Please don't feel that you need to wait to post. This site is not for people that have no problems with alcohol. This site is for alcoholics. This is a place to get support from people that are going through the exact same thing you are. You don't have to do it on your own.

Congratulations on day one!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 09:38 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Waterfountain,

Hey there, Thank you for checking in with us
I'm glad a few of us are slowing finding their way to the 2nd part of the June thread, I hope the other's will tag along soon.

You will probably see me vanish before long too, I take this allergy medicine and it makes me sleepy...I love how it makes me wind down at the end of the day.
My doctor prescribed them to me years ago, she was going to give me the non-drowsy version, but I told her that I like the sleepy effect that I get from the ones I already take. Without them, I would never get any sleep...I have a hard time falling asleep on my own.

Again, thanks for finding your way here,
Get some good sleep tonight,
See you tomorrow,
Nite Nite,
Hugs,
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-16-2009, 09:57 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that a few of you are having a hard time. Hold on! It will pass!

Congrats to Waterfountain on a full week!!!

Congrats to Kimmy for exceeding her previous record by yet another day!!!

Cindy, Lindsay, Jade09... forgive me, please! How many days are do you have now?

I wish everyone would put their sobriety date in their sig! Much easier than trying to scroll back. Sorry I get confused sometimes!

I had a much better day today, probably because the sun was out and I was very busy. No time to ruminate.

I've gone over and over it in my head, but I just don't feel 100% comfortable putting my real name here. It's not that I don't want you guys to know. It's just that this is a public board and it will be here for years.

But I will tell you that my nickname in real life is Chama. It's Spanish slang common in Venezuela that means roughly 'my friend' or buddy, pal... that sort of thing. When I signed up, Chama was already taken and my muddled detoxing brain couldn't figure out anything else but to add some kind of rhyming ending... no idea how or why I settled on the 'bama' ending, it was a snap decision with no more than 2 fully working brain cells

So if you call me Chama, you're calling me the same thing that my good friends do...

Hope everyone wakes up fresh and alive and feeling a bit better. My love to you all!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good Morning all!

Sitting here, drinking my coffee and excited about a new day. I've been waking up at 5:30am every morning. I don't want to be up this early but I can't seem to change it. Doesn't matter what time I go to bed. Oh well... what can you do?

In a little while I'm going on another hike in the hills. And this afternoon, I'm going to do my volunteer/cooking gig. I really need to clean my house. Don't know why that's become such an issue. It's not filthy or anything, but I do need to vacume, change the sheets, etc. That was something I always did drunk. Hmmm...

Hope everyone is feeling better and got a good nights sleep!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:12 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Oh Crap,

I wrote this whole long thing and then lost it. Don't have time to rewrite, so just wanted to say hi to all. Beginning of Day 8 for me. Some urges, but nothing I can't control.

Kimmy, your name fits you perfectly.XOXOXOXO
Chama, I understand the name thing, it took me awhile before I decided I wasn't worried about it. I will put my date in my signature. Good idea.
Reb, Hang in there.
Waterfountain, I haven't heard of The Power of Now, but it sound very motivational. I take melatonin at night. I love the feeling of relaxing and going to sleep, but it only keeps me asleep until 3:00 am, then I have to really work to get myself back to sleep.
Jade19, I am putting that saying on the whiteboard above my desk. I try to put inspirational things on it, sometimes all I could think to say was Life Sucks, but that seems to be turning around.
Hi Lindsay, Hope all is well with you!

Have a great day ya all!!
Cindy
Old 06-17-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good Morning Cindy!

And where the heck is everybody else?!?
Old 06-17-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chamabama View Post
Good Morning Cindy!

And where the heck is everybody else?!?
I am here but only fleetingly.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:16 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi there Junebugs,

Well I'm still hanging in there....I don't know what it is, I still feel the same way that I've been feeling for the past few days....It's really hard to shake it off.
I'm on Day 17...but it just feels like I'm moving forward and one day I'm going to fall flat.

I think I'm going through a little depression right now...I'm getting scared because the money in our back account doesn't look all that great and hubby still can't find a reliable job.
He didn't go this morning to the side job because the guy didn't need him.
He'll be lucky if he brings home 8 hours this week...if that.

I'm getting so desperate that I wrote another e-mail to the carpet cleaning company again (I'll tell hubby if he gets a call back)...lol.
This will be the last time I bother them...I just said that I was doing a follow up to the application that was filled out on Friday morning. I figure what's it going to hurt sending another letter, they probably already found somone by now anyway.
Like I said....I'm very desperate right now

Below is what I sent....minus is name and contact number, let me know how it sounds and am I being a pain in the butt for sending it....lol.

Here it is:

Good Afternoon,

I'm just following up on the application that I filled out Friday morning (6-12-2009).
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if the position has been filled yet?
If not and you are still seeking an employee to work for your company, hopefully
you will consider me.

I have been unemployed for the past 8 months and I'm trying to find work.
This past Thursday, I stumbled across your ad on craigslist and thought this
position would be a great opportunity for me.

If you are interested in to speaking with me...you can call me on my cell.
I hope to be hearing from you, if your still looking for someone.

I hope everyone is doing ok today....your in my thoughts.
Thanks for reading this,
Hugs everyone,
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-17-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Sounds Great Kimmy. I hope they call!

Hope is all with you spen.

My girls have a softball game this evening and it has been pouring on and off all day, hopefully it will subside for the game. They are twins and one is the pitcher and the other is the catcher!!!

Check in later!

P.S. My computer is taking a REALLY LONG TIME to download my post after I type it, any one else having that problem?
Old 06-17-2009, 07:25 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Evening my fine fellow Junebuggers,

I'm just checking in for the evening, to see how everyone is doing and to let you know....Yes, I'm still hanging in there, wrapping up Day 17 (Wow, I can't believe it!).

Hubby and I sat down and filled out a few more applications this evening...hopefully the phone will be ringing off the hook tomorrow...lol, yea right
Even through the worries and the up and down moods, I still try to be hopeful. I'm not the type to constantly have a negative attitude about things....you probably couldn't tell that from my posts over the past few days.
For the most part I'm feeling well and still hanging in there.

How about you guys, how are you doing...Is everyone ok?
There hasn't been too much activity going on in here today...I'm concerned about my friends. Hopefully you all are just too busy and you will check in when you get the chance

By the way, I'm still working on that wedding card...I've been in and out of my craft room several times today...lol. Hubby was like, can't you stay still?

I hope all is well with everyone, I will be looking forward to hearing from you.
Miss you guys when we don't "talk too much"....LOL!!!!

See ya,
Huggies and God Bless!!!
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-17-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

ADAAT,
Well, the Simply Sleep worked wonders last night. I think I'll try it again tonight, and then just try to really wear myself out tomorrow so I'm naturally sleepy

Cham,
Thank you! I'll try to remember to put my start date in my signature later... I don't even have a signature... or an avatar. I suppose I should get on that >.<

Eclipse,
From what I remember, it was very inspirational... I'll have to work up my courage and tackle it soon. I had a stock of melatonin that I've depleted; I'll pick up some more tomorrow when I stop at Walgreens. I had been having the exact same problem - waking up at 3am and having trouble getting back to sleep. Last night though, the Simply Sleep kept me out until past 6:30am.

Jade19,
I hope your day has gone well - fight the good fight!

All right folks, I'll check in later and see what's going on. Be well every one!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:35 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

(((Waterfountain)))

Hey!!! There's one of my June Buddies...
I'm glad that the Simply Sleep worked out for you.
Don't you just love when you can get a good nights sleep?

Thanks for checking in...It's always nice to hear how other's are doing
Have a great evening and I hope you get some more restful sleep.

Sweet dreams my friend,
Hugs,
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-17-2009, 07:36 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Everything is fine over here!

Just so you know... that "Simply Sleep" is just Benadryl. Or rather, it's just dipenhydramine which is also sold as benadryl and Dramamine (for motion sickness). I'm only tellng you because you can buy generic benadryl at Walmart or Target for dirt cheap. Just check the active ingredient! I also used the dipenhydramine a couple of nights that first week, but it does agravate my restless leg syndrome.

Have a good night.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

ADAAT,
Ha, getting lonely here in the June thread ?
Oh it is sooooo great to actually sleep. Tomorrow, I'll take the stairs more often than the elevator at work (I already walk to and from work, just under 2miles round trip), and maybe, maybe check out the tiny work-out room in my apartment building tomorrow night. I need to wear myself out - continue to sweat! Detox! Refresh!
I'm also going to try some raw food recipes this weekend. Some raw flax crackers, raw "spaghetti", maybe something challenging too
Already done with day 8 as of 7pm - onward to day 9!

Cham,
Oh, I know it's more or less benadryl, but I think it has only the one ingredient where benadryl has at least two active ones.... I don't remember though >.< Ah well, I'll take it again tonight and then work on getting tired naturally like I mentioned above to ADAAT.
You have RLS? My boyfriend's cousin has that - it has always sounded troublesome. I hope that your case isn't too severe

.... I should go look for a picture for my avatar..... I'll be back!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:03 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

(((Chammy)))

It's good hearing from you this evening

Uggggg, You get the restless leg syndrome too....I get it every now and then and it drives me crazy.
I haven't been diagnosed for it, but I know I get it sometimes...its like a irritable, can't stop moving feeling.
When I take my allergy pills in the evening, it usually settles everything down for a moment...but there are times when even the pills won't even do the trick.

Thanks for being here,
Have a wonderful evening
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-17-2009, 08:04 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jade19 View Post
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the support, I really really appreciate it. I was supp. to hear back about that job and get the final ok and they never called and the job started today. I kind of got a "f*$@ it attitude" and had 9 beers. I know there are always going to be excuses in life and I am pretty pissed at myself....when I was on the 8th I was like what the hell am I doing??? I had half of the 9th and threw the rest out. I went to bed at 11 and went to bed well aware of what I had just blown. So I am back, again, with no job and on day 1. I am not giving up and I am going to keep trying because I really do want this. I want what those people (non-drinkers) have. I just can't believe I did it. I avoided posting on here all day and even mentioned to a good friend on here that I just don't feel right posting until I get some time under me. I feel like I am just setting myself up and to be honest I hate that I have let you all down....makes me sooo sad. Anyway, I am almost done with day one again and I really hope you all hang in there and keep up the good work.

My love and wishes to you all!!!!

Rebecca
just wanted to tell ya i have been thinking of you since i read your post...i hope you are ok....or as ok as you can be at this point....everyone has thier own version of it, but we all know the feelings and the struggle. there is nothing easy about this, please don't give up on yourself...you can get thru this and find the life you so want be living...i know i don't know your story, but even if your the worst person in the world (which i know you're not) you have the oppurtunity to wake up tomorrow and start building whatever kind of life you want...you just have to find that last piece of the puzzle to beat it this time. i have picked up so many little things over the past couple years to try and help me...you have to know what's gonna work for you...STAY STRONG...i will not drink today because i don't want to loose my husband....so i'm using fear at the moment, but i'm working on building a stronger foundation, not based on fear, but i also need to do it for me.....for a better life for me.

hope to hear from you.....support won't fix it, but it will help you find your solution
Old 06-17-2009, 08:16 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Waterfountain,
Back when I had a job...I used to love taking the stairs.
Everyone else rode the elevator...but it was too slow for me, I would usually beat the one who was the elevator to our area...lol.
Plus it helped me lose a lot of weight...at one time a few years back I lost about 60 pounds. Now that I haven't been working for the past 8 months, I have put soo much of it back on. During the time of losing my weight, I was on a strict diet and I didn't drink for 3 months...that was a very long stretch of time for me...lol.
Right now is my second longest stretch of time.

Bring on the 9th day....one more and you will start having double digit days under belt.
Your doing great, keep it up.
I tell you to keep it up and here I'm up and down with my moods "trying" to keep it up too....Gesh!
Hugs,
XOXO
Old 06-17-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

hello all....
hope everyone doing well...i've been really busy with work, studing and school...and still being absolutely miserable without my husband....but i'm trying to tough it out, with a brief breakdown of tears once in awhile to relieve some stress... it helps right??
i never realized how much alcoholics have in common, i know we all have our own experiences and dirty details to highlight it, but the struggle itself is so similiar in all of us.....it truly sucks there are so many people living thier lives this way....it is an absolutely miserable way to live your life...besides the obvious reasons, i just opened my eyes to another...that being i just feel like a complete waste...i've wasted such a huge part of my life being drunk....???? i don't know how i let myself miss out on possible the best years of my life....not to mention possible ruining my realationship with my husband, who is my best friend and the only person who really gets me. it's a sad f*cking thought, and i'm just hoping i can have the opportunity to fix all the damage, cause i know i can't get back the time.
sorry for being so negative....i'm just trying to cope, and finally get it in my head....my continued choice to drink has completely ruined my life....i can only hope this saddness will be enough to get me back to a life i actual want to live in.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Nope, regular benadryl is only diphenhydramine. The exact same thing, the exact same dosage.

Good night everyone.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:31 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

(((Jade09)))
Just as everyone has told me in here...Please don't apologize to us about anything that you need to talk about. We understand....besides, venting not only helps you get things out of your system, it also helps the next person who is reading what you are saying.
I read your posts and it opens my eyes a little more and it helps me understand "me" a little more.
I'm glad your sharing with us..."Thank You".
But on the other hand, I'm not glad to see you hurting the way you are...I hope things get better for you. It breaks my heart to see you hurting like this.
Hugs are coming your way...along with a few prayers.
Take care of yourself,
And cry as much as you need to...I know it always helps me feel better.
Kimmy XOXO