Notices

Class of June-Part 2

Old 06-21-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

I have an annoucement to make:

I, A Day At A Time (Kimmy XOXO) has fallen off the wagon.
I'm a Day out of time....
From my previous posts, we have seen it coming.
I drank tonight.....
I feel the need to apologize, for I have let you down.
I personally don't feel guilt that I'm drinking, I only hurt myself....I mainly feel guilty knowing that I've let my fellow classmates down, who are trying soo hard and desperatly to stay sober.
There is no expanation to it....it just happened.
I just want to come clean and let you know.
This sucks, because I felt a "special" connection to you all.
I still Wuv you all, I hope you feel the same way about me too.

Since I was unable to maintian sobriety.....I will check in every now and then, to see how eveyone is doing...but for now, I'm too ashamed....I let you guys down.
Again, I'm sorry and I Wuv you,
Hugs (Big time....I hope they last until the next time I make an appearance...lol)
I feel sad to leave you guys, but I feel that I must......
Here we go in the old fashion way,
Hugs and God Bless,
:ghug
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-21-2009, 07:51 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

:hugs

Drink lots of water and stay safe dear Kimmy!

Don't feel bad for us. Your decisions don't affect my sobriety. I feel bad for you!

Don't go away! Get some good sleep and lets talk tomorrow. Ok?

Much love!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Chama my sweet,

I thank you soooooo much for your response, it means the world to me.
I don't feel like I will be rejected afterall....lol
I'm sorry again that I didn't congratulate you on your 30 day sobiety....such a big day!!!!
Congrats to you my love :day2
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-21-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

ADAAT,
Don't sweat it! Just get back on I'll happily be here for you every step of the way. Tomorrow doesn't even have to be your day 1 if you don't want - I nonetheless eagerly await a post from you proudly announcing "done with day 1, on to day two - a day at a time"

Take care tonight, and I hope to see posts from you tomorrow.

Be well, and best wishes!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:37 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 30 Chamabama! Sorry I didn't congratulate you in my earlier post.

ADAT-As you can see in my earlier post, I slipped up too. Please keep posting! Your posts are inspirational. I have enjoyed reading them. Don't do what I did and give yourself permission to drink the following night too since you drank one night. I very easily saw myself going back to the every night gig again. I didn't want to go there, so now I am on day 3 again and see how I screwed up on day 9. Now, I am going to use that mistake as a lesson learned and better prepare myself for the next situation I am in. For now, I am staying away from all situations where alcohol is involved.

I don't think I am going to have the lethargy as bad or the body aches that I did earleir this month when I initially stopped.

Today I am planning a trip to IKEA and the gym!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

ADAAT- I'm so sorry you slipped up. However, the truth of the matter is that we've all been there...it happens. The most important thing is that you don't accept defeat and allow one slip to turn into 2, into 3. Get re-motivated, accept the fact that you're human and you made a mistake. Forgive yourself, learn from it, recognize your weaknessess, and take it "a day at a time."

I think part of an addictive personality is having the 'all or nothing' mentality. I know this is definitely the case with me. In the past once I'd fallen off the wagon, I had this F*** it frame of mind where I'd go and drink for days...weeks...even months after I'd messed up. I'd self destruct because I didn't think I'd ever be able to do it. Don't let this happen to you Kimmy! Start back today, keeping posting here. It's still June, isn't it?
Old 06-22-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hey lindsay!!!! Hot enough for u here in the south.....lordy it's hot....i am as far south alabama as u can go......where u @ i have lived all over mississippi!.......i loved it growing up....i moved here when i was 13.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

bnme- YES, it is hot! From what I hear we'll probably be breaking all kinds of records this week. (heat index near 110 today?!) I live in Jackson...well I work in Jackson, live right outside. I've been here for about 3 years and I love the south! I grew up in Pennsylvania and when I graduated my best friend and I moved down here to spend the summer with her parents because her dad had just gotten transferred with work. We did NOT anticipate living here...but that's what happened!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:04 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Good Morning all!

Congrats on 3 weeks Lindsay! Sorry I didn't say it yesterday. I too have been working out a great deal. I'm sure the natural endorphins are a good substitute for drink/drugs. I just have to be careful not to over do it.

Sorry you guys are so hot down South. We've been unseasonable cold here in Southern California, but it's finally heating up. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Train wreck = me
Old 06-22-2009, 08:23 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Yikes! What's going on? If you want to talk, you can post here, pm me or we can go to chat.

(((hugs)))
Old 06-22-2009, 09:16 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Uncanny, Eclipse. I was just thinking about you and decided to check this thread to see how you were doing.

You know, recovery is really tough to get a handle on. If it were as easy as we all think it is, almost none of us would be here looking for a solution. But, time and time again, over and over, experience shows that a price has to be paid.

For those that are able to quit drinking and carry on with life my hat is off to you. For most alcoholics like me, that was impossible without spiritual help.

That spiritual help is available to anyone willing to follow some simple, precise directions.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hope you're doing OK Eclipse.

Please feel free to post what's bothering you. That's what we're here for!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:20 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hey fellow Junebugs! It's sounding like there's been a big bump in the road for a few of us. I have a cheap ear; anyone who's having a rough time care to share? I'm not sure how the whole PM thing works, but I'm certainly open to the experiment of using it!

Lindsay,
I'm sorry I missed your three-week mark; much belated-congrats!

Chama,
Your other thread was an interesting read; you're an inspiration! When (I was torn between typing "when" and "if". I went for the more optimistic option) I hit 30 days, maybe I'll have the same courage to divulge my "story". Your results are encouraging, to say the least. Best wishes toward your next month

I'll be around later - take care everyone!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:11 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Thanks Waterfountain. I was scared but I'm really glad I did it. Everyone was so wonderful. It really filled my heart.

I hope you decide to do it too. I'd love to hear your story. No need to wait for 30 days! But I have no doubt that you'll make 30 days if you decide to.

I'm sorry that some of you have had a setback. I really hope to hear from you all soon! I respect everyone's right to not post if they decide not to, but please understand, that is your choice. It wouldn't be my choice.

I would be much happier to hear from you all than to worry about your silence. But again, I respect your decision and will welcome you back with open arms whenever you decide to return.

Much love!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:11 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

And a quick whine...

I have a headache! Couldn't figure out why, then I looked in the mirror... I'm sunburnt! Just from my hike today. Dang! I'm so happy that the sun finally came out this week... but now... must remember sun screen! Duh!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:13 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Thanks Chama! Tomorrow @ 7pm is two weeks for me (yay!) - I definitely plan to make it to 30 days. 4th of July weekend will be.... different. But, I'll discuss that when it draws nearer.

...Crickets in here tonight.... come back folks! I miss the activity of this thread. I suppose I do show up pretty late though..... sorry.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:26 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Ya, it's sad. I think our wagon is a bit empty at the moment but plenty of room so hop on board everyone!

2 weeks tomorrow! That is awesome. Can't wait to give you the official congrats tomorrow evening (that's 5pm in California?). Try not to worry about 4th of July right now. Live in the moment and enjoy your success!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:37 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Wanted to pop in and say CONGRATS CHAMA!!!!!!! AWESOME AWESOME JOB ON 30 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

Miss you guys!!
Day 2 here....'
~Reb
Old 06-23-2009, 12:35 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
trying to get it..

I have restarted my sobriety in June...5 days ago...