Notices

Class of June-Part 2

Old 06-21-2009, 07:09 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

BNME,

Good Morning....

Don't you just hate that....write a long post only to have it disappear, I can't tell you how many times that's happened to me...lol.

I hope your doing better today, with everything that has been going on this past month.
For me, I'm still hanging in there....I'm on Day 21, but as you read in my other posts I still get the temptations in which I'm sure is bound to happen....I haven't fallen off "yet".

Hey, I like that smiley....I've always wanted to use it but I didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea....lol.
I don't think he looks evil....just silly, like me.

Thank you for checking in and I hope you have a wonderful day
Talk to you later,
Hugs and God Bless,
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-21-2009, 07:11 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

JADE, IS MY FAVORITE STONE, LINDSAY IS ONE OF MY NEICES NAMES, I LOVE ANYTHING TO DO W/ THE SOLAR SYSTEM...HENCE, ECLIPSE....WATERFOUNTAIN, WHEN I THINK OF U I THINK OF WATER FALL......PEACEFUL!!! CHAMA...I ALREADY RELATED U TO BAMA...WHERE I'M FROM...BELIEVE...I TOLD U THAT WAS THE MOST INSPIRATIONAL..SHE BELIEVED SHE COULD, SO SHE DID!!!!!!....AND A DAY @ A TIME, WELL THAT JUST SUMS IT ALL UP FOR ME....SO U ALL ARE UNIQUE, EVEN WHEN THERE'S 2 OF U JUST MEANS DOUBLE FONDNESS....ALL IN IT TOGETHER!!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 07:12 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chamabama View Post
Do what? Hmmm I hope I'm taking that the wrong way!
Chama,

No, I'm sorry....Your not taking it the wrong way!
Look at it this way...I haven't tried to get it out of my system yet...LOL!!!
Thank you for being concerned ::::OUCH, Now I have a knot on my head::::
Wuvs ya girl,
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-21-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bnme247 View Post
JADE, IS MY FAVORITE STONE, LINDSAY IS ONE OF MY NEICES NAMES, I LOVE ANYTHING TO DO W/ THE SOLAR SYSTEM...HENCE, ECLIPSE....WATERFOUNTAIN, WHEN I THINK OF U I THINK OF WATER FALL......PEACEFUL!!! CHAMA...I ALREADY RELATED U TO BAMA...WHERE I'M FROM...BELIEVE...I TOLD U THAT WAS THE MOST INSPIRATIONAL..SHE BELIEVED SHE COULD, SO SHE DID!!!!!!....AND A DAY @ A TIME, WELL THAT JUST SUMS IT ALL UP FOR ME....SO U ALL ARE UNIQUE, EVEN WHEN THERE'S 2 OF U JUST MEANS DOUBLE FONDNESS....ALL IN IT TOGETHER!!!!
WOW!!!!

That was really neat how you tied us all together like that.
Very creative!
Thank you....it really put a smile on my face
Hugs,
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-21-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

A DAY @ A TIME......GOD YES....I KNOW ABOUT THE TEMPTATION....MY HUSBAND HAS GOUT, AND DISC DISEASE....THE NARCOTICS ARE PLENTIFUL IN THIS HOUSE....I JUST THANK GOD HE DOESN'T DRINK.....I DON'T HAVE A DRINK PROBLEM....BUT I DO LIKE TO HAVE A FEW EVERY NOW AND THEN....IF HE DRANK...I WOULD BE IN SUM SERIOUS SITUATION.....I DID DRINK QUITE A BIT WHEN WE MET, BUT I FOUND DRINKING ALONE WASN'T MUCH FUN...NOT TO MENTION, WONDERING WUT HE WAS THINKING OF ME...WHEN I WAS DRUNK...I KNOW WHAT I THINK OF OTHER PEOPLE WHEN THEIR DRUNK...
Old 06-21-2009, 07:40 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

A DAY @ A TIME......GOD YES....I KNOW ABOUT THE TEMPTATION....MY HUSBAND HAS GOUT, AND DISC DISEASE....THE NARCOTICS ARE PLENTIFUL IN THIS HOUSE....I JUST THANK GOD HE DOESN'T DRINK.....I DON'T HAVE A DRINK PROBLEM....BUT I DO LIKE TO HAVE A FEW EVERY NOW AND THEN....IF HE DRANK...I WOULD BE IN SUM SERIOUS SITUATION.....I DID DRINK QUITE A BIT WHEN WE MET, BUT I FOUND DRINKING ALONE WASN'T MUCH FUN...NOT TO MENTION, WONDERING WUT HE WAS THINKING OF ME...WHEN I WAS DRUNK...I KNOW WHAT I THINK OF OTHER PEOPLE WHEN THEIR DRUNK...
Thank you for your understanding...
I do have to hand it to you though....with the narcotics being around you are still staying strong, I know it's hard but your standing your ground.
Me on the other hand, there is no alcohol in the house...so I would have to make that extra special step and go purchase it (or send hubby out for it...LOL)
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-21-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

WOW, did I ever sleep in this morning...haha. normally I'm up by 7AM. (on weekends) This morning however, I slept until 10:30. This is sooo unlike me. I did go to bed a bit later because I was watching a movie, but still. I feel weird...haha. I don't really like it much, mornings are my favorite time of day and I feel like I wasted it today! haha. Ohwell, I feel rested. Just got off the phone with my parents, wishing my dad a happy fathers day...It's times like these I kind of wish I lived closer to home...but at the same time I'm so happy here.

ADAAT- dang! I can't believe you just turned on your A/C, lucky! We've had ours on for the past couple months. The heat here in MS has been unbearable lately. It's in the upper 90s with the heat index...about 105 or so. I get in my car to drive to work at 7am during the week and its already 80 degrees! I guess I have gotten used to it in a way...but life without A/C would be a NIGHTMARE!!!!

bnme- I hate when that happens w/posts just DISAPPEARING! I like that song by Miley too...haha. I secretly have a couple of her CDs.

Anyways....three weeks today! yay! I know there are a couple others out there celebrating their 3 week aniversary, so congrats! I'm about to head to the gym as soon as I get myself together. I've found I'm becoming increasingly addicted to working out. I just get such a rush and feel so strong afterwards...it's a wonderful way to clear my mind as well.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!! I'll check back in later!!
Old 06-21-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I'm on day 2.

Last Thursday there was a going away party for a coworker. The first thing that happened when I got there was drinks were distributed. I had played this scene out in my head (many times) and had decided what to do and say in order to NOT drink. I was just totally, unexpectedly put on the spot. It was just easier to take the drink (and actually think I would just hold it until nobody noticed me switching it out for water). I drank all night. I didn't get f'ed up but I got pretty buzzed.

The following day at work I was hung over and we had a staff lunch. I drank again. Got pretty buzzed. I left with a small bottle of champagne that I had received as a gift. I had even brought this bottle back to work to leave there after accidentally bringing it home a few days earlier. There were more bottles of wine on the table where we had the lunch (in the courtyard). I almost brought one of the bottles of wine home with me as well, but didn't.

I drank the champagne and then walked downstairs to the cafe across the street and bought a bottle of wine. I drank the entire bottle-no problem.

So, one day turned into two. One bottle turned into two on the second day.

I cannot drink! God, how many times do I have to go through this? Deep down I KNEW that I COULD NOT have one drink.....for just one night!

I'm back on day 2 guys. I need to be more consistent with checking in.

School is out and I am off for the summer. I'm sure this will make it easier.

Am I going to have the same symptoms I did when I originally stopped earlier this month? (body aches, lethargy) I haven't quit back to back like this. I usually keep on drinking for awhile.

Thank you for being here!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Well nearing the end of day 21 (3 weeks). It has gone so quick.

Hope you are all well and will try to post more often.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:57 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Well, I'm back from volunteering and I'm gonna be honest and tell you guys that I'm kinda hurt that no one congratulated me on my one month sober. (Except Waterfoutain on my other thread. Thank you waterfountain).

I posted here last night that today was my 30 day mark. It is a big deal for me. Probably I'm just being overly sensitive. But I just have to wonder if, a) nobody cares; or b) nobody bothers to read my posts.

Makes me sad, that's all.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:02 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Well, I'm back from volunteering and I'm gonna be honest and tell you guys that I'm kinda hurt that no one congratulated me on my one month sober. (Except Waterfoutain on my other thread. Thank you waterfountain).

I posted here last night that today was my 30 day mark. It is a big deal for me. Probably I'm just being overly sensitive. But I just have to wonder if, a) nobody cares; or b) nobody bothers to read my posts.

Makes me sad, that's all.

Sorry Cham. I have not really been reading the posts as not had the time. Congrats
Old 06-21-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ADayAtATime View Post
WOW!!!!

That was really neat how you tied us all together like that.
Very creative!
Thank you....it really put a smile on my face
Hugs,
Kimmy XOXO
I agree! That was really cool; what a great addition to a (cloudy here) afternoon.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:05 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

You're welcome Chama! 30 is a big step indeed!

Here's a sketch I did yesterday, while downloading a song, after I got back from wandering around the local jazz festival.... when it was 92.... and everyone was drinking refreshing-looking beer and wine:

This is my first attempt at including an image, so SORRY in advance if I mess it up >.<
(that's a wince, BTW).

Hope everyone is well - I'm just wasting time until a friend picks me up to make dinner at her place. We're gonna experiment with some Asian cuisine. This ought to be fun!
Old 06-21-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Yeah, linky no work. Ah well, here's the address: Imageshack - sittingdejectedangel.jpg
(watch that not appear either)
Old 06-21-2009, 03:53 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Chama,
I truly apologize for not congratulating you this morning....I was in here and posted a couple times. Then I got side tracked and we went and ran a few errands, then stopped by my Mom's house for Father's Day.
I was meaning to come back in here once I got home and catch up on things.
Again, I'm very sorry that your feelings were hurt and it hurts my feelings that you think that maybe people care...we do care and 30 days is a big deal.
So please accept my apology....

On a happy note:
Congratulations on 30 Days....I'm proud of you girl.
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-21-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Good night everyone! Had a long but very nice day and I have to get up early tomorrow for my volunteer gig. Just wanted to check in quickly and say hello, and I'm sober and I'm happy and... guess what?
Tomorrow will be a month for me.

I'll check in in the morning and I'll write back more substantially tomorrow evening.

Sleep tight everyone, and stay safe!
CHAMA BABY!!!!!!!!.........I HAVE JUST BEEN WAITING FOR U TO GET ON HERE, U SAID U WOULD BE GONE THIS A. M.......SORRY U FELT NEGLECTED....DID'T MEAN FOR THAT TO HAPPEN.....AT ALL!!!...DAMN RIGHT CONGRATS ON DAY 30....CAN HARDLY WAIT TIL I'M SAYING THAT....I GOT A WAYS YET......
Old 06-21-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Husband likes me better drinking

Am struggling intensely on the eve of my 11th night. Mostly with anger.Reading over posts really helps put things in prospective.
What to do when a spouse does not think it's a problem to drink every night because you are more open and relaxed and you are "more friendly at night!".
Always nagging at the back of my head. Sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks for listening.
Nicky
Old 06-21-2009, 06:07 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Chama- I'm so so sorry you feel that way!! I read yesterday that today will be a month for you, but since you hadn't checked in yet today it must have slipped from my mind when I posted.

Soooo congrats on 1 month!!! That's wonderful. One month is a huge acomplishment (as we ALL know) So proud of you! Keep up the great work.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Sorry for being a big baby about it!

Just got back from a long hike. I need to eat. I'll post later!
Old 06-21-2009, 06:47 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Iwant2bfree- i don't have any experience with a SPOUSE not seeing that there was a problem with my drinking...or a significant other for that matter, but I have kind of had that with my roommate. If your spouse is aware that sobriety is something that you're striving for because you see the alcohol as being a problem...and they STILL are not supportive, then there's something wrong with that. He should be supportive of your wishes despite whether or not he personally thinks you have a problem with alcohol. If he likes you more when you're drinking...DESPITE knowing that it's a problem for you, that's down right selfish. If he truely loves you and has your best interests in mind he would be supportive of your decision. He also may not be educated about alcoholism...leading to his inability to understand what you're going through.

My best friend/roommate was that way for years. I'd get out of control drunk, binge drink, be wreckless, miss work, etc...but she would still insist that I drink with her so that she'd have a 'drinking buddy.' She didn't want my attempt at sobriety to ruin HER social life. My alcoholism got so bad that she finally did realize that I COULD NOT drink and had to work towards stopping...but that took time. She now respects and understands my decision not to drink. She still drinks, but no longer asks me or talks about going out with her...or anything!

I'm not familar with your situation with your spouse...but he needs to support what is best for you!!