Notices

Class of June-Part 2

Old 06-23-2009, 01:03 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Eclipse, I hope you are feeling better.

Congrats on day 5 Carl! I restarted mine as well. I'm on day 4 again. I have learned from my last slip and hope I can choose more wisely next time I am in that situation.

Congratulations on 2 weeks Waterfountain!!!!!!

Chama.....remember your sunblock today!

I have been avoiding my friends/colleagues lately. I know that they realize someting is going on, or they just think I am being weird. Lastnight my friend called and asked me to go to a BonVoyage dinner for a few colleagues who are moving elsewhere. I kind of feel guilty that I didn't go. I could tell that my friend is getting frustrated with me opting out of getting together a lot more now.

It wasn't so much that I was worried about alcohol, I just didn't feel like going out. I have been feeling a lot of that lately. I have been going to the gym, shopping, and then I come home and poke around my apartment (cleaning, chatting, playing with my 2 cats LOL, etc.)

Todays plan.....gym, market, and tacos!

Enjoy your day everybody!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:06 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I had a horrible weekend.

Called my doctor in a panic yesterday. Went to 2 aa meetings. More later
Old 06-23-2009, 04:53 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

oh come on......don't u all realize the most selfish thing u can do is crawfish and leave us all hangin out here alone.....i was welcomed here w/ open arms..u all could have chosen to ignore me...ur peroggative...but u didn't...so b ring it.....i want my family back!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 05:41 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Okay, had a horrible weekend. Drank for 3 days straight. My kids HATE me. I feel sick, didn't go to work yesterday. Called my doctor in a panic for help. She just gives me a bunch of drugs and tells me no drinking with it?????? She just thinks I can stop.

This is what I sent to keith, he has encouraged aa:

Thanks for checking in on me. Went to 2 AA meetings yesterday. Pretty amazing. There were about 50 people at the first one. The second one was a women only meeting and there were about 30.

I called the central aa office in my town and asked for the woman I had talked to about a month ago. Within an hour and a half she had me in her car on the way to a meeting and spent most of the day with me, made me eat...talked, talked and talked. So amazing. I will be going to another one today.

I honestly can't believe how many people there were at these meetings and so many came up and hugged me...it was amazing.

Thank you all for your concern. I need to get through the next couple of days without going crazy.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:53 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

♥ "U"......u need huggin!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Eclipse- I'm so sorry about your weekend...but it sounds like you did the best possible thing you could do-- you sought help. I'm so happy/proud of you for doing that. It sounds like you've found a wonderful support system in the AA meetings you've attended. Keep it up!

bjork- You sound a lot like me lately. I just simply don't have much of a desire to be very social. In part it definitely is due to the whole drinking aspect...I'm not ready/comfortable yet to be around it all. Yay for 4 days!

jade19- congrats on 2 days! keep it up and posting!

Chama- I haven't seen your other thread? I'll have to go read and report back here... I tend to come straight to this thread when I get on SR...don't look around as much as I used to...i'll going straight there after I'm finished here!

waterfountain- thank you! you're right...it does seem as though a few of our junebugs have been going through difficult times...but I hope everyone continues to post here because this thread is very inspiriational. I love reading everyones successess...and even struggles...its gives me something to relate to- because believe me...I can relate!

As for me...I'm feeling great today. It's day 23. I'm approaching the 4 week/1 month mark which I'm excited about. My boyfriend is out of town until Wed, so I'm watching our Kitty while he's gone. I stayed over there last night and was just being nosey looking through his kitchen...I was shocked at how much liqour/wine he has stocked up in his house. I guess it's normal for someone to keep liquor on hand like that...but it still kind of bothered me in a way. He has never said to me straight forwardly "I will not be drinking at all anymore." but it's almost this...common understanding that he wont around me or if he plans on seeing me. I just...I don't know. I don't find it realistic for him to stop completely just because *I* have a problem. I feel like I'm hindering him from having fun with his friends. He really centers his life around me...he opts to hang out with me over his friends all the time...and it makes me feel guilty. At the same time the thought of him going out and drinking and having fun pisses me off....I guess maybe I'm just jealous that I can't do the same. He mentioned going on a double date with people that I don't know...and even something as simple as that sets me off. In the past that kind of situation was an opportunity to drink. I associate social activities and drinking so much to the point where I'm having trouble imaging doing anything like that. Would I be able to sit at dinner and watch others drink? Especially when I don't even know them and may feel a bit uncomfortable...ugh. I'm sorry for rambling. I just have a lot on my mind this morning.

On a sidenote, since I've gone off my celexa I've actually felt a million times better. I'm starting to really FEEL emotions. Lately it's been more frustration and irritability which is prob due more so to the withdrawal...but I've also been feeling this extreme happiness that I feel was made more dull while taking the celexa. I feel alive, more creative, more motivated to do things...it's strange...but I'm starting to feel like my old self.

WELL, I really need to catch up on some stuff here at work. Have a great day everyone!

ps- ADAAT, are you out there?
Old 06-23-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

oh and bnme- how many days is this for you? Hope you're staying cool and drinking lots of water! haha.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:13 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

I just want to stop in and say Hello.
Thank you for caring about me sooo much, this is truly a wonderful group.
I wish everyone the best....
When I'm ready I'll be back.
Your in my thoughts,
Until then,
Hugs,
:ghug
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-23-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Less than 9 hours till it's 2 weeks for Waterfountain... !

Welcome Carl 11! Congrats on 5 days. How are you feeling?

Rebecca! Nice to see you! 2 days! Woo Hoo! Love to hear how you're doing, what happened, what changed, etc. Anything you want to share, I'm all ears!

Bjork - Tacos, YUM! One of my favs! I'm sorry that socializing has become an issue b/c of the alcohol. What about trying to arrange something that doesn't involve booze. If you come up with the plan and then invite others you could be a little more in control of the enviroment, no?

Eclipse - So sorry that you had a rough weekend. Thanks for sharing with us. Glad you were able to find some support in AA. I'm sure your kids don't hate you. They may be angry/dissapointed and a whole host of other things but 'hate' is a very strong word, my friend! I'm sorry you're down. Today is a new day, right?

Bnme - How are you? Still trying to figure out what 'crawfishing' is... made me laugh though. Regionalisms, huh?

Lindsay - That's a tough one re: the boyfriend, huh? Feel free to ramble! I wish I had some solid advice on that front. I'm single, which is a blessing and a curse. I don't have to worry about others drinking or coming home drunk, but I don't have the personal support either. Have you thought about having a really good sit down with him and telling him exactly how you feel and finding out exactly how he feels about it? It's a tough one! Glad it's working out for you being off the AD! Forgive me for not remembering... are you seeing a therapist? Have you talked to the therapist about all of this? Can't wait to celebrate your 1 month!

ADAT - Thanks for checking in. Hope you'll rejoin us soon.

I'm doing really well today. I'm kinda waiting to see if the sun is coming out before I take my hike. But if it doesn't make an appearance soon, I'll just go. The walking really helps. Regardless, I'm all about the sunblock today!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-23-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Eclipse-I am so glad that you went to a meeting. Actually, two. I'm glad you got some support and it sounds like pretty good support. Did you get some numbers? Did you give your number out? Hopefully they will stay in touch and help out. I always felt awkward getting numbers from people I had just exchanged names with. Honestly though, they were always really sweet and genuinely wanted to help.

ADAT-I'm glad you are still checking in!

BNME-I'd love to know what it means to crawfish...LOL

Carl-Say "Hi" if you check in. Let us know how you're doing.

Today I went to the market and bought 2 plants (The fern I gave to a friend as it's poisonous to cats....didn't realize that when I bought it.) I met a friend on a rooftop bar overlooking the city and had an iced coffee...beautiful! I went to the paperback exchange and exchanged some books for new ones. After all of that, I had three tacos!! Only thing missing was cheddar cheese, I had to use provolone....can't find cheddar here.

I got a text and then a call inviting me to apperitivo tonight (Italian happy hour).....I didn't answer. UGH! The text said I am either clinically depressed or becoming a crazy cat lady. Then asked where the hell am I. Oy vay!!!

I'm stuffed.....I'm going to bed to read for a bit then sleep. I'll check back in the morning.

Goodnight Everybody!

Last edited by bjork; 06-23-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 06-23-2009, 11:17 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Oh.....one more very important thing.....

I think my belly is getting smaller! Seriously....I am hoping the fat just melts away LOL
Old 06-23-2009, 11:54 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

bjork- i was thinking to myself that you must be on a completely different time zone from most of us...and then I realized that you're in italy..haha. But anyway, weight loss is certainly an added bonus of sobriety, yay!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:52 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

I am losing weight too. The thing is I am a skinny runt anyway.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Hey guys, I only have a second here (I'll be back on later tonight to read through this morning's posts). Two Weeks for me tonight! Yay! I'm treating myself to dinner-out w/the boyfriend, so that's why I won't be able to get to everyone's thoughts until later.

Take care everyone; talk with you soon!
Old 06-23-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

WOW......i've been away from my computer since Saturday, i've missed so much!!! sorry to hear some have fallen, but like we always say...we have ALL been there, and i know i've fallen so many times i've lost count....but the most important thing to remember is that this is a PROCESS!!! everyone has to find what is going to work for you individually....i'm going on almost 4 years of trying to quit FOR GOOD, it sounds f*cking pathetic i know but i feel like i've finally found my magic formula to beat this for good. you have to be honest with yourself, realize you can take back control and stay in control. it's a miserable way to live, you deserve a better life.....now is your chance to take a stand and fight for yourself...you deserve to be happy, without this burdon hanging your neck....don't let yourself get down...just pick up where you left off and keep moving foward....YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!!! you have to believe it though....your mind will play tricks on you...don't listen...stay focused on the life you really want to be living!!!
i'm so trying to follow this...it's hard, but it is enough to get me to the next day at least until i am stronger and more stable

day 16 here---so glad to here of 30 Chama---that is awesome!!!! keep going strong!! i know so many others posted thier dates too, i had 4 days of posts to read???? i have to go back...sorry
Old 06-23-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Waterfountain

Old 06-23-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Good to see you Jade! I was worried! Sorry I missed your 2 weeks!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Way to go Waterfountain! Keep up the great work!

Splen and bjork I hope no drinking will help me loose weight and get my buttocks out exercise.

Thanks for the nice words Lindsay and Cham.

Welcome carl,

Where are you Kimmy???

Today was a much better day for me. Went to 2 more AA meetings. I almost can't wait to go. Still scared of running into someone I know, what what would that mean?

I liked the women's meeting last night better. They really talked about the things that concern me...kids, keeping house up, finances and how the drinking messed with all that.

My doctor put me on Lorazapam, Secroul and still on Lexapro. What the heck. But she said if you had pneumonia you would take medicine for it wouldn't you?

So we'll try and see what happens.

Have a nice evening all.

Cindy
Old 06-23-2009, 07:36 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hey Chama
i really haven't been posting my days...i've counted so many times before i felt like it wasn't enough to be proud of...but i re-thought that and i realized i'm proud of every single day that i choose not to drink...everyday sober is taking me closer to a better way of living...so YEAH for you on 30!!!! or is it 31 32 by now?? I kinda got lost trying to read back on everybodys posts....
and thanks for your other thread...and sharing...brought my emotional level up a notch....honesty with yourself is a powerful tool i've learned...it only took me a few years
i'm jealous of all the hiking you do!!!! makes me miss colorado and all the awesome hikes i could do there....where i'm living now makes it harder to enjoy outside!!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:57 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Jade - You should be proud! It's hard, especially at the begining, that's maybe why AA give sout so many chips at the begining, right? Positive reinforcement is always a good thing. I've spent enough time beating myself up for everything wrong I've ever done, why shouldn't we feel proud when we're getting something right? Doesn't hurt anyone, right? I'm finishing up day 32 and feeling just fine!
Glad my post was ok. And I'm so happy for the response I got so I'm really glad I took and chance.
Sorry you can't enjoy the outdoors as much. Too hot? Too many bugs? I hate bugs! Not too many bugs here which is wonderful. The hiking has been really good for me. Tomorrow my neighbor is going with me.

Cindy - If you run into someone you know, it would mean that they too have a problem that they are working on. You could support one another! Your worst fear could turn into a blessing? Who knows!

Glad you're enjoying the meetings. I think that's wonderful and I'm really glad that you're making new sober friends and getting connected. Have you found a sponsor yet?

Hope everyone is well tonight!