Notices

Class of June-Part 2

Old 06-18-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

i'm ok? mostly
hope you are well....it's been a really hard week, but i'm staying strong. i need some serious sleep, i'm mentally and physically exhausted. be around for alittle while though, have to do some laundry, need something to wear to work tomorrow
Old 06-18-2009, 08:02 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hey folks! I hope everyone is well.

I had a great conclusion to day 9. I got a call from a representative for a fundraiser for the breast cancer society. Normally, when I was drinking, I would've taken that call as an opportunity for shenanigans. For some reason, with alcohol in my system, I felt undue malice towards any phone representative and really enjoyed messing with them. Not so tonight. Tonight, I was genuinely interested in what they had to say, and decided to pledge $35 to the cause. They seemed... well, shocked My thoughts were, "hell, that's what I used to spend on booze every week. This is a much better use of that cash."

.... Feelin' good! Onward to day 10 (already 3 hours in hehehee)!

Take care folks - I'll try to pop in here again in a bit.

Best wishes!
Old 06-18-2009, 08:20 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Chama-Oh Chama I'm sorry to hear about your therapy session, that does suck when that doesn't go the way you want/need it to go.
I hope next time is better for you.
Good for you for staying strong...I hope tomorrow is a better day
Where's your Avatar? Are you changing it again?

Jade09-It's good to know your ok...
Come on laundry...hurry up and get done so Jade can get some sleep.
I hope you have a good nights sleep when you can finally hit the sack.
I'm getting a little sleepy myself...I'm still in my craft room.
I made some changes to my card....once I'm finished I will post it and explain what I've done.
Have a nice day at work tomorrow

Waterfountain-Oh my gosh!!!
How sweet of you, Bless your heart!
Your right though...if you were still drinking, the money would have went to booze and it does add up, if your like me. At $10 a 12 pack every few days...that's about what you pledged for a good cause.
You are a "good" person...Thank you for sharing your goodness and helping other's.
This will come back to you in a wonderful way

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, well back to my wedding project...
I got on the puter to print out a name plate to put on the wedding project. I decided that since I was on here, I would check and see how everyone was doing again.
I think about you guys a lot...lol.
Wuvs ya all!!!!!!!!!
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-18-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

thanks for the smile waterfountain...
hope day 10 is followed by many more days that you can say
.... Feelin' good!
i like that
Old 06-18-2009, 09:07 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

whers's Jade19???
Old 06-18-2009, 09:21 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thank you ADAAT! I'm feeling so much less cynical these days. I was easily spending that much every week on my poisons; blech. Tomorrow night will be interesting - I'm going out with friends and the boyfriend to a concert where the alcohol will be flowing freely and I'm sure most of my friends will end up trashed. I know I won't be tempted; I'm too jazzed about getting into the double digits!
I am very curious what the experience will be like sober though *ponders*. Humph - it will certainly be interesting.

jade09
Thanks for the encouragement! I hope things start to smooth out for you - I want to hear that you're "feelin' good" soon too, all right?

.... yeah, where is Jade19? I hope she continues to post... *concerned*
Old 06-18-2009, 09:32 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

waterfountain...i hoping for some of those days too!!
i know concerts were like that for me too, so the first time i went to one and actualy did't drink...it was difficult, not gonna lie...but after alittle while, once the music started it was better and i remembered the whole show!!! once you get over the initial shock of not having something to sip you;ll be ok---enjoy the music and be proud of the steps you are taking toward a better way to live. it's a bit empowering....stay strong
what concert are you going to?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:39 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

jade09,
Thank you for sharing! I hope I get the empowering feeling - I'm sure the boyfriend's got my back on this, so there's at least that. It will be interesting, that's for sure

We're going to see an international DJ that we all like, Paul Van Dyk. It should be a great show. I like what you said about being able to actually remember the show afterward that'll be a welcome change.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:54 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

waterfountain~
my last drop was 6-7-09
and i want it to be my last drop for good....
hope we can help eachother get there
really need some sleep, but i will check in tomorrow after work
have a good night
Old 06-19-2009, 04:56 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I must be on a different time zone than most of my friends here. No one is ever here when i am. I get up every morning @ 6:00 a.m.......and this is my first thought, get on and check in on my friends....my extended family, but i'm the only one here......i stay on til about7:30, never see anyone sign on...then i go on over to my space and check on the folks that are in my time zone....they never here either.....but atleast i can pm them....but they're not near as good to hear from as u guys.......i have said it before, but i'll say it again.....i thank god i found you all....just wish i was more in touch....i'd say go find me on my space, but it's hard to find me....so everyone say's....i usually have to go find them....anyway....i feel really good today, now that i have found you all again...i was getting bummed..hope to hear from you all soon....all of u....a day@a time, eclipse, believe, the jades....i can't ever keep u 2 straight!!, lindsay,spen, chammy, waterfountain, and anyone else i may have missed while i was out there in the land of the lost.......just trying to make today the best first day of the rest of my life.....it's gonna be a hot one, but i am alive, and grateful to feel it!!! Blessings to u all!!.... Bnme247
Old 06-19-2009, 05:20 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

BNME,

Good Morning!!!
Your like me, as soon as my computer comes on this is the first place I come to...I might not post right away, but I like to see if anyone came in here since my last visit and see if they posted and how their doing. Then I move on to my daily routine of web sites that I check out.
So, this morning I see that you are the first one that has posted so far and so I want to say hello
I too, am glad that you found us (as I mentioned last night) and I'm sorry you've become lost...it's not hard to do in here...lol.
Right now it is raining and lightening (I'm very afraid of lightening...lol)....
soon enough it will be a scorcher out there.
I'm glad your feeling good and moving right along...that is awesome.
Thank you for checking in this morning...Have a wonderful day and try to stay cool.
Keep em' coming!
Hugs and God Bless you,
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-19-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I to am a kimmy.....lol, just wanted to share that with u.....how ironic!!!muah!!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

BNME,

Well it's nice to meet you Kimmy.....lol.
Even though I'm 40 years old I still like going by the name of Kimmy...sounds soo young and cutesy....lol.
But believe me, I don't act my age....I might be older, but I can be immature forever.
Hugs,
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-19-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Now we have 2 Jade's and 2 Kimmy's....Tee! Hee! (Chammy's laugh).

Speaking of Chammy's laugh, do you know that when I was younger, I used to say that too and put it in the letters I would write?
Tee! Hee!

Other things I used to say was:
Like (in between every sentence)
Gag me with a ******* block
Sike (every time I would be just joking with someone)
Barf me out the door and never bring me back
What Ever!
Grody (I don't know how's it's spelled and if there is a such word)

That is just a few that I can think of off the top of my head right now.
Told you I was weird!!!! :crazy
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-19-2009, 07:31 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good Morning! Feeling a bit better today. Finally not pms'ing so hopefully my hormones will balance out a bit!

I'm off for my morning hike in a bit, then I have a hair appointment. Very exciting! Haven't had my hair cut for nearly a year and I'm looking a bit like an orphan child.

I had my second drinking dream. Ugh! I was at some sort of Fair during the day and kinda realized, "oh, crap, I've been drinking all day." My main concern was that I had let all of you down and I dreaded having to tell you all that I was back to day one.

It's funny. I've had 2 drinking dreams now and both have been about the guilt and secrecy of drinking. I never actually drank or felt drunk in the dreams. Both times I simply became aware that I had drank.

Looks like my psyche was paying me back for getting so cocky last night.

Sorry Kimmy2 (bnme) that you're all alone in the mornings. I'm on the left (west) coast and so I'm 2 hours behind you. When you get off the computer at 7:30am, I'm still snuggled in my bed at 5:30am.

Kimmy1 (ADAT) - Yay for silly words of our youth! I'm also 40 but grew up in Southern California. Funny to see the regional differences of the slang. When something was cool, we'd say "tubular" (as in the perfect shape of a nice wave to surf). I remember a new girl in our class that had moved from Iowa... she used to call cool things "prime" ??? We finally decided it must relate to a good cut of meat. I've heard "sike" before (although I would have spelled it psych! lol) but we didn't use it. I was a fan of "not" as in "You sure did well on that test. NOT!"

Now please tell me, what the heck is a ******* Block?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good morning friends,

It is raining and nasty here today, and we will be at an outdoor athletic event all weekend....not sure how that is going to work out for us...ick Hopefully it will clear up.

Hey Alabama Kimmy, I am so glad you found us! It is very disconcerting sometimes.

How are we going to keep everyone straight with all these Kimmys and Jades???? I get confused easily as it is...oh well.

I am also on the west coast, so 2 hours behind the Kimmys.

Have a great day.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:11 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm Baaaaaaccccckkkkk

I'm done with the wedding project...lol.
I went from a wedding card to transforming the card into a shadow box wedding frame.
You see, I liked the card soo much, I just couldn't see it sitting in a drawer somewhere.
I ended up cutting the card in half and it left me just the completed card front, then I mounted the card front to the inside of a shadow box frame.

I added some more embellishments to the inside of the frame and changed the background from white to blue...so that the colors just flow together.
I also cut out "Our Wedding Day" in white vinyl and adhered it to the outer/top portion of the frame. It almost looks like it's floating on the glass (does that make sense?)

I did make another card...not as nice as the original. It's smaller and matches the theme of the frame. I still need to finish the inside of the card...I want to have "Just Married" and a die cut of a ball/chain...with the saying "Now I think you'll be needing one of these".
I'm going to be "try" to post of a picture of the shadow frame box and the mini wedding card together...hopefully you will be able to see the details...Wish me luck

~~~~Ok....I'll take that back there will be a total of 4 pictures...
1 of the wedding frame and together
1 of wedding layout out of the frame
1 of wedding frame alone
1 of mini card alone

Here is the link (I hope)------->ImageShack© - Gallery
*Note-the picture in the frame is not a picture of my sister or family members...just thought I would let you know...lol.

Thanks for looking!!!
Now, I need to work on a Father's Day card for my step Dad. I better hurry since Father's Day is on Sunday and it "only" takes me 16 hours to complete one card....lol.

Wuv ya's,
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-19-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Oh my...

I hope you guys don't have dial up...lol.
I just clicked on the link and it did show the pictures...but if you click on the individual picture it takes forever to load.
That's funny and I even have high speed and it was still slow...I'm sorry, I just wanted to share....I tried...Tee! Hee!
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-19-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Kimmy - It didn't load slowly for me. Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! Seriously, have you considered selling them as a side gig? Maybe at a small gift shop or local flower shop? I know they take a long time to make but would it take as long to make 2?

My day was divine. I had a lovely hike up in the hills this morning. Weather has finally cleared up and I'm enjoying every minute!

Then I got my hair done. My hairdresser is one of my oldest friends. I've known him since before he was a hairdresser... 24 years! Wow! We had a lot of fun. I always let him do whatever he wants so I always get new, fun cut/colors. I love this one! Then I really splurged and got a facial too. Since I quit drinking my skin has had 2 major freakouts. It was in pretty bad shape. Now it's so soft... Yay!

Just had some cheesey scrambled eggs for dinner but now I want something sweet. I'm thinking:
Old 06-19-2009, 06:05 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ADayAtATime View Post
Oh my...

I hope you guys don't have dial up...lol.
I just clicked on the link and it did show the pictures...but if you click on the individual picture it takes forever to load.
That's funny and I even have high speed and it was still slow...I'm sorry, I just wanted to share....I tried...Tee! Hee!
Kimmy XOXO
The card looks great! Marvelous layout, and the color combination is mature is peaceful

Good luck on your Father's day card! I'm sure it'll be fantastic

Day 10 in the bag folks! The evening marks the beginning of day 11 - 11, in numerology, is a very powerful number. I can only wonder what the next 24 hours will bring.

Also, WB to bnme247!

Take care folks - I gotta start getting ready for that concert tonight.