Notices

Class of June-Part 2

Old 06-16-2009, 09:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Another great thing I have found out about sobriety is that my blood pressure went way down. It has been hovering right around mid 140s over 90. Today it is 117/76. Wow! What a difference in only 7 days!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lindsay,

Way to go on your 16 Days in!!!!!
Thank you for your words of inspiration
I know the feeling will pass....but the thing is in the past, I usually gave in to them.
So it's kind of strange to have these feelings and not doing anything about it, you know, just running up to the corner and buying the beer like I used to do.
Does that make any sense? LOL!
Thank you again,
Have a good day,
See ya,
Hugs,
XOXO
Old 06-16-2009, 09:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Eclipse,
That is awesome about your blood pressure...I soo happy to hear that not drinking has brought it down
Huggies,
XOXO
Old 06-16-2009, 09:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Eclipse,
Sorry....
I forgot to Congratulate you on your 7 Days!!!
Way to go!!!
XOXO
Old 06-16-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Chammy,
I know...When we first got moved, I was thinking..."Are we talking to much and bumping the other threads out of the way?" LOL!!!
That is probably not it at all....maybe so many posts are allowed in a thread and we were just getting close to the maximum, so they had to make a part two.
That's funny a part two had to be made right in the middle of June....that's a good thing I guess. It shows we have a lot of support in here
XOXO
Old 06-16-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I forgot to tell you guys...
Hubby went to the side job today and he did drive himself.
He left at 7:30 a.m., then I heard the car pull up at 11:30 a.m.....so he only worked a few hours.
Before returning home, the guy he's working for, asked him if we wanted to go to the bar for a couple drinks, but he declined. I was soo happy that he didn't give in...Whew!!!
Just wanted to share that bit if good news
Hugs,
XOXO
Old 06-16-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

That's so good to hear ADAAT. I am sure that will also help you keep your resolve to not drink.

I know that once there are so many posts they do the part 2. And maybe when threads get to the part 2, they turn it over to the daily support threads. Maybe we should put a notice on the other one where we are. There are a few I haven't seen for awhile.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Eclipse,
Yes, it does help me to see him not drinking
Now he's taking a nap...ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz
I wish we could post a note on the other thread, but the thread is closed...like it's locked, so we can't add no more posts to it

XOXO
Old 06-16-2009, 03:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

day 1.

~Reb
Old 06-16-2009, 04:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Jade19,
I know it's hard...from the tone of my posts it seems that I'm hanging by a string.
At least you came back in here...don't give up.
I am here for you, we all are
Who knows....one day I might need a shoulder to lean on.
Hang in there and don't beat yourself up....we're only human.
Hugs to you,
XOXO
Old 06-16-2009, 05:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Oh crap! What happened?

You're here! And that is the most important thing. I'm glad you're here. We're here for you.

Do you want to tell us about it?

Old 06-16-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey guys, I am also craving and hanging by a string....and you know what? I'm gonna hang in there. I feel so impersonal with the eclipse, adaat, cham, etc. My name is Cindy and I am so happy to have you all as my cyber buddies. It has been such a huge help to keep me grounded and thinking about the obvious...so thanks ya all!

Cindy
Old 06-16-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Reb, start over and don't look back. We will do this together...if it was easy, we wouldn't be here.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:32 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Oh no Jade! What happened? O.O

No matter what, I got your back!

Take care girl.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:48 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Jade, I'm sorry...but i'm so glad that you came back. It isn't easy...we all know it's not easy...but what's important is that you DON'T give up. Be pro-active. Think about what it was that triggered you to drink and do something to prevent it from happening in the future. You can do this...we're all pulling for you!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:20 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the support, I really really appreciate it. I was supp. to hear back about that job and get the final ok and they never called and the job started today. I kind of got a "f*$@ it attitude" and had 9 beers. I know there are always going to be excuses in life and I am pretty pissed at myself....when I was on the 8th I was like what the hell am I doing??? I had half of the 9th and threw the rest out. I went to bed at 11 and went to bed well aware of what I had just blown. So I am back, again, with no job and on day 1. I am not giving up and I am going to keep trying because I really do want this. I want what those people (non-drinkers) have. I just can't believe I did it. I avoided posting on here all day and even mentioned to a good friend on here that I just don't feel right posting until I get some time under me. I feel like I am just setting myself up and to be honest I hate that I have let you all down....makes me sooo sad. Anyway, I am almost done with day one again and I really hope you all hang in there and keep up the good work.

My love and wishes to you all!!!!

Rebecca
Old 06-16-2009, 07:36 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

we all have been there, and i for one have been back on my day one more times than i can even remember... i know it really really sucks, but the fact that you were aware, and stopped and didn't drink till you blacked or passed out...i think that shows progress...i've been trying to quit for years and i know i am not the same person i was when i started...it's been a lot of ups and WAY downs along the road...but i know i am so close to finally beating this...it's very few who can do it without a fall...so don't be too hard on yourself...yes, be upset--but try and put that emotion towards being stronger next time...the best thing you can do is pick yourself up and try to continue as you were... you didn't even finish the last one, you really do not want this life anymore. stay strong, acknowelge the bump in the road but don't let it throw you off coarse. thinking of you, sending a hug your way

i pulled this off a corney greeting card...but i liked it
"Each day is a new day.
With each breath
comes new opportunities.
Breathe in the chance
to change and the ability
to grow"
Jennifer Lewis-Hall
Old 06-16-2009, 08:04 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Eclipse (Cindy) & JuneBugs,
I never really thought I would share my real name in here...but really what does it matter
But you are right, it does feel impersonal....Let me introduce myself, my name is Kimmy (and I'm an alcoholic).
I still use XOXO as my siggy on cards and such, but I put it as Kimmy XOXO.
It's a habit of mine that I've been doing for a few years. My craft room is even decorated with X's & O's and full of love....Yeah, I love "Love".
and I love you guys....
Thanks Cindy,
XOXO
Old 06-16-2009, 08:22 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hey Jade19 (Reb),
I'm glad you decided to not wait until you had more time under you belt before posting again...I think that it will help you heal and suceed if you come in here and talk things out with us.
We wuv you and we got your back....don't worry about yesterday, let's move forward "together".
Thanks for coming back in here,
Hugs,
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-16-2009, 09:15 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Jade19,
I'm so glad you made it back here. I think Tuesday is a good day for day 1. By the Roman calendar, Tuesday is ruled by Mars, the god of war. You are a warrior Jade! You've got the spirit to continue to hit this thing head-on, and never give up!

To everyone:
There's a book that's been sitting on my shelf that I've been meaning to get back to. I started reading it back in 2005.... I think I'll have to start again, but I'm almost afraid to start reading it again. It's called "The Power of NOW", anyone heard of it?

Well, I took some Simply Sleep... when I tried it on Sunday, I awoke in a panic.... I hope that doesn't happen again; I really need a solid block of sleep. So, if I vanish for the night, that's why