SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of June-Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/178405-class-june-part-2-a.html)

CarolD 06-15-2009 12:01 PM

Class of June-Part 2

hi Everyone......:wavey:

Welcome to your new fresh page
Congratulations!
:cheer

Here is the link to the earlier one

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...lass-june.html

spen71 06-15-2009 12:05 PM

woo hoo 2 parts.

ADayAtATime 06-15-2009 01:42 PM

Hi JuneBugs...
So I guess this is our new home...the new meeting place :)
I hope everyone finds their way here, I would be devastated without my family.

OK, Well...I just got back from picking hubby up and he did drink a couple of beers.
I'm not mad at him but I told him that I was a little jealous and he told me to stop and get some on the way home. I just told him no, it's not worth it.
He worked from 8 this morning to 1:30 this afternoon, then he was at the bar until he called me...which was about 3:45, so I picked him up and brought him home.
Right now, he is eating his sandwiches that I packed him for lunch, you see he does have an off button....lol. So it's not going too bad right now.
When they got to the bar, hubby did tell the guy that he can't be doing this (drinking some beer) everyday...I really don't think that he will go over board.
We'll just see how it goes...like I said this is only a side job, sort of a stepping stone until he can get something more stable and that has benefits.
He is going to be working with him again tomorrow...at least it's some kind of income for now.

Chammy, for most of your questions I think I could answer to the effect that anything to do with alcohol would bother me. Even if he drove himself, I do have my own car...so I can still get around :)
Earlier I rode my scooter all around town and ran some errands...it was fun and cheap on gas.

This is what I'm talking about....the support in this place is awesome!!!!
Thanks again for being here for me everyone...I hope that you feel that I'm here for you too.

I hope I didn't sound like I was rambling too much in this post...lol.

Since I've been gone all day, I should get out there and do the dishes...I was going to get to them just a moment ago but my hubby called to come and get him.

I'm still on Day 15 and I did not cave in any way....now I'm staying strong for myself and my Junebugs...lol.
I thank God for each and everyone of you.

I should be back in here in a little while.
Wuvs ya,
XOXO

Eclipse 06-15-2009 01:53 PM

I broke down and went to the store.......and bought 6 candybars!!!

OMG I am craving chocolate like crazy...HELP!!!

ADayAtATime 06-15-2009 01:59 PM

Haaa! Haaa!
Eclipse....I did that the other day...6 Hershey's bars.
Hey at least it wasn't a 6 pack or two, huh? LOL!
What kind did you get?

I've been eating so badly and it's making me fat...Yuck!
XOXO

Eclipse 06-15-2009 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by ADayAtATime (Post 2263148)
Haaa! Haaa!
Eclipse....I did that the other day...6 Hershey's bars.
Hey at least it wasn't a 6 pack or two, huh? LOL!
What kind did you get?

I've been eating so badly and it's making me fat...Yuck!
XOXO

I got 2 Idaho Spuds (I don't know if they have them everywhere, but I'm from Idaho and live in Washington) 2 Almond Joys and 2 Reeses Peanut Butter cups. I only ate 2 and put the rest in my drawer at work...can't wait to eat two more tomorrow!:dancer5:

ADayAtATime 06-15-2009 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 2263440)
I got 2 Idaho Spuds (I don't know if they have them everywhere, but I'm from Idaho and live in Washington) 2 Almond Joys and 2 Reeses Peanut Butter cups. I only ate 2 and put the rest in my drawer at work...can't wait to eat two more tomorrow!:dancer5:

Oh I love Reeses Cups....they are my weakness.
Lucky you that they are at work safe and sound.
Mine are in the Fridge...Instant Easy Access...Yikes!
So far, I've had 1 a day...lol.
Us women and our chocolate cravings :a108:
XOXO

Chamabama 06-15-2009 08:26 PM

Just checking in before I hit the sack. I'm just really super bummed these past few days. I keep calling it pms, but dang... seems like an awful long time to have pms! :(

Taking myself to bed early I think. Although I have some beautiful strawberries in the fridge plus some chocolate I could melt... I might just be too tired tonight.

Hope all is well!

jade09 06-15-2009 08:56 PM

Chama--sorry you're feeling blue, bummed:( i'm not in a great place either, but i know why i'm sad. maybe it's a combination of the pms and quitting. you know hormomes are powerful chemicals in our bodies as well as the toxins our bodies are used too. so now that the toxins are gone, our bodies are re-adjusting and hopefully healing. so don't get too down, your body and mind need more time to get back to normal. sometimes the saddness returns, but just accept it, and it will pass.....usually:) i hope tomorrow is a better day, and it will be as long as you are happy with the life you are living. STAY STRONG

ADayAtATime 06-15-2009 08:57 PM

nite nite Chammy,
I'm getting ready to hit the sack too,
I'm very sleepy.
I would to like to thank you and everyone else for their support today...
things did turn out better than what I expected, but there's always tomorrow...lol.
See you guys later...Have a wonderful evening.
Hugs and nite nite,
Don't let the bed bugs bite :)
XOXO

Chamabama 06-16-2009 07:20 AM

Good Morning all! Starting out on day 25 here.

Thank you Jade09 for your kind words. It's clear to me that something hormonal is going on. In the past 2 days I have broken out like a teenager before prom (and I'm 40 for Gosh sakes!) and last night I had mild night sweats... what's up with that?!

I'm not in any danger of drinking but I do run the very real risk of boring everyone to death with my whining. Sorry about that! I know this will pass, but Geez, please could I just get my darn period?!?

Anyway, enough of that! Busy day for me today. I'm going hiking at 8, then have to pick up a friend at 11:30am to take him for a colonoscopy. Poor thing! So glad it's not me! That's going to take a few hours so I rescheduled my therapy for Thursday. Then dinner later with a different friend.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

ADayAtATime 06-16-2009 07:29 AM

Good Morning JuneBugs,

Going on Day 16....I am a little nervous though, I feel like the air slowly seeping out of my balloon and I'm going to fall flat.
It's like the "wanting" to have some beer is increasing every day....this sucks, I don't like this feeling :(
This lingering feeling usually leads me into taking the plunge and saying "Heck with it, I can't take it anymore...I'm drinking".
I know that sounds sad...I haven't felt right these past few days...Do you think the newness wore off? I don't know.
I'm not trying to bring anyone down...I'm just being honest.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day :)
I hope you feel a lot stronger than I've been feeling...I don't know what is up with me lately.
I will talk to you all later,
XOXO

Chamabama 06-16-2009 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by ADayAtATime (Post 2263969)
Good Morning JuneBugs,

Going on Day 16....I am a little nervous though, I feel like the air slowly seeping out of my balloon and I'm going to fall flat.
It's like the "wanting" to have some beer is increasing every day....this sucks, I don't like this feeling :(
This lingering feeling usually leads me into taking the plunge and saying "Heck with it, I can't take it anymore...I'm drinking".
I know that sounds sad...I haven't felt right these past few days...Do you think the newness wore off? I don't know.
I'm not trying to bring anyone down...I'm just being honest.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day :)
I hope you feel a lot stronger than I've been feeling...I don't know what is up with me lately.
I will talk to you all later,
XOXO

It's good that you recognize the feeling... now what can you do about it? Might be time to step up your game. Meetings? Therapy?

I'd really hate for you to slide back into drinking. You've already broke your record. That's awesome! What can you do to make this stick?

My best!

Eclipse 06-16-2009 07:44 AM

We got moved! I panicked for a minute cuz I couldn't find us.

Congrat Cham! 25 days is so great!

Hang in there ADAAT. you have been an inspiration to me. You have been so strong with this. Don't let it mess you up. You will be so disappointed. They say it gets easier as time goes on....give it that time! You can do it! Remember what it did to you before...hang in there my friend.

We are refinancing our house and the appraiser is coming tomorrow morning, so I am running around in a panic getting things in order around here.

Have a great day and I'll check in later.

spen71 06-16-2009 08:02 AM

Just checking in. Still not getting any cravings for any beer but I feel so tired. I think it must be time to look at my diet and see if that is why I am lacking in energy.

Hope everybody else is well.

YNWA

Eclipse 06-16-2009 08:06 AM

Hi Spen,

Are you taking any vitamins? That helps alot. I have also been taking emergen-c. Its a little packet you mix with water. Lots of B vitamins in it which is supposed to be good for us. I have been drinking tons of lemon water too. (My new addiction)

Have a good one!

ADayAtATime 06-16-2009 08:12 AM

Hi again,

Chammy-Wooooo Hooooo, 25 Days...your nearing that milestone of a month in girly...Good for you!!!
I've tried meetings a few years ago, back when I was sensing that I may have a problem with alcohol, so I went to see what it was like.
It was ok, really not for me....I know it works for other's and I think that's great, but it just wasn't up my alley. I kept going back to the same location...now maybe if I tried out another place I might think differently.
Now for Therapy, around the same time I went to meetings I spoke a therapist too...again, she didn't do much for me. If I wanted to go to one right now, I could not afford it....I have no insurance.
I just still might be in a weird mood, it will probably pass....I'm giving it time :)

I was a little busy this morning...I went into my craft room and reorganized my paper scraps that I save....lol. I sorted them out by color and bagged each group individually, now it will be easier to find the right color next time I'm working on a project.
I'll tell you what, that is one room in my house that constantly gets reorganized....too much stuff in there, but I love it.
Have a great day....sounds like you have it all planned out and your going to be very busy.

Eclipse-I felt the same way when we were moved...I felt sort of lost, then I became sad. I'm scared that not as many people will post and our group will shrink...."We need eachother".
Thank you for what you said....you have lifted my spirits, cravings still there a little but you gave me more reason to not go through the motions of actually drinking...Thank YOU!
That is how I feel about this room...I'm inspired by you guys, as I've said before I couldn't have made this far without you all. This place is sort of like my therapy...I say what I need to say and hear what I need to hear....we all understand eachother and support eachother and it's usually at that moment when it's needed the most.
We refinanced out house a few years ago and I know what you mean about running around your house and getting things in order....but you know what, my house has never been soo clean...lol.
Good luck on getting everything done!
Have a great day!

Well, I hope all is well!!!
See ya in a little while,
XOXO

ADayAtATime 06-16-2009 08:16 AM

Alright Spen,
I see your still moving right along....that's great.
I'm also happy that your not having any cravings for beer....Uhhh errrr, like someone else we know in here (yea, that would be me).
I still haven't broke down or anything of that nature yet...I'm still hanging in there.
Try taking some vitamins as Eclipse suggested, that might help you.
Thanks for checking in,
Hugs,
XOXO

Chamabama 06-16-2009 08:24 AM

Decided against my hike. The weather is too iffy right now, I don't want to be on a hill when it starts raining!

I didn't like being moved here either. I know I'm super sensitive right now so I just keep telling my self, "Get over it!" But in a weird way, I kinda had these feelings of, I don't know... rejection? Like we're being told we talk too much? I totally know that that isn't the case. Sometimes heart and mind don't meet up.

Lindsay 06-16-2009 08:40 AM

Hello everyone! New location, huh? Day 16!

ADAAT- I understand your nervousness...I haven't had days like that lately, but I definitely have had them. I hate those days where it seems easier and logical to just "give in." It's certainly an internal struggle. Don't let the alcoholic voice win! Stay strong, I know you can. Tt will pass and once it does and you're still sober...consider it a victory. :) I completely understand not 'feeling right'...sometimes I get antsy and anxious and think that alcohol is the solution to that feeling...but it's not! You've got this.