Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 05-11-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Happy Mothers Day to all Moms out there...............

Today be good and get your mom something special.........take her for a walk and smell the flowers.......

For you......take time out to be thankful for what you have in your life and the recovery you are doing to help you life move forward...................

Hugs to all you out there today...................Touch base with those that really care about you and let them know how you are really doing....................

Get to a meeting and feel the love you have there from so many that may still struggle.................We are all in this together................

Little Penguin
Old 05-12-2008, 06:47 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Time for that early morning walk..........the air is brisk here and it is perfect for a walk......

Then hit the hot showers after and find that much needed cup of coffee..................

work the steps and clean house .......a few minutes a day is all you need.......

Be good to yourself today and know that you are being prayed for........ You can get through this day.....

Hugs going out to you and so many others that need them.......
Old 05-12-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Looking for patience in all the wrong places today......Not sure what to do anymore with a little one not listening......

Sometimes I wish I had not made changes in my life except to work my steps and move forward only with that..........

I am impatient with myself today and I know that I am not alone.........................

Life has to have a balance and when some things go wrong we just need to get to those meetings and vent what is going on........

Today I will relax and try to make peace with myslef........Life has to get better no matter what............

God.....if you are out there ....help me be patient today and all days................show me the way to listen to my inner thoughts. thank you
Old 05-13-2008, 06:31 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Looking at another day in recovery and some things that have been forgotten........

Cleaning house is more than just an everyday thing.....it is a time when you make time for yourself and use what mind you have to work the steps for the rest of your life......

God has given us all talents to get through each day........and this time it is to make life better.....One day at a time.....One moment at a time....

The way I challenge this is by finding a quiet place to sit and write all I can for those few minutes......

Sometimes this may not be possible........but I find that even if I go hide in my kids tree house it does help for that moment................

Give it a try and see what you can do for yourself..............

Get in that much needed walk today......An early start is good as the days are starting to warm up more for the summer.........

Little Penguin
Old 05-14-2008, 06:50 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Making your life easy for you isn't easy.....

Cleaning house for your program is easy........it takes time and patience..... and the quiet place to make it for you...

Get that cup of coffee and find a place to sit with your paper , pencil, thoughts and your book with the steps listed out for you....................make those guides you need to get started...... Your book to write in can be simple and something you put together.....

I have taken a simple composition book and decorated the outside to remind me of the accomplishments of my program and got moving on my writing...................it helps if you want it to.....

Keep up the good work and know that we are all in this together........you are not alone in the step work.........

this is so much a part of our lives and needs attention each day............

Little Penguin
Old 05-19-2008, 06:50 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

So many days have passed since this last post.........

What is a person to do?

Keep moving forward and posting when time allows......

One day at a time..........

Walk time and thinking of what changes can be made for the moment.............

Find something you haven't done and get it done for you today.......

get to some meetings today and touch base with others.......

Little Penguin
Old 05-20-2008, 12:13 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

A beautiful day in the sunshine area.........a little fog this early am and now time to the sun to shine.............

Walks are good in the early AM before the sun rises.....and loads of time to think about what needs to get done.........

enjoying the birds with so many colors.......bright yellow ones and the dogs trying to keep them out of the yard with the cat just thinking she can catch the dumb bird.....Yea....

Time to get going on the cleaning of your house.......time has gone by and a few days or so..........time to hit the books and get going...............this is your life in recovery so you need to keep it going.............

touch base with those in the program and keep your feet facing forward...............you can do this...........One day at a time.............
Old 05-24-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Today I am cold and need the warm sun to warm me up........

for the rest of you......Huddle together with others from recovery and stay warm......

Or my other thought is go on a walk and get warm that way.....We can do this together.....

Work your program while on your walk.....it really works ....then get to a meetings with you hot coffee......and discuss what it was like for you to get out and feel the silence around you................

was it peaceful on your walk?

Did you think about your program and how much you have changed?

Are you making progress?

Did the walk feel good so early in the morning and get you all pumped up for something else....?

Have a good day and work those steps.......share your walk experience with others in the program....tell them how much fun you had.....................

Little Penguin
Old 05-24-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My housecleaning (besides actually having the ambition to clean my basement yesterday!) is in keeping my focus on my recovery, whatever that takes. Walking my dogs in the sunshine and being grateful for the sun, the dogs, and for my life - that helps me a lot. Another thing is helping someone else. No matter how bad I think I have it, someone else is worse off. So to come out of myself long enough to help another is a wonderful way to clear out the cobwebs in my head and heart.

I am slowly but surely cleaning the house of my relationship with my daughter. She's talking to me again and starting to trust me again, so my "house" must be getting cleaner!

I'm happy that I now have the desire to clean my 'house'!

:ghug2
Old 05-25-2008, 10:19 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Thank you least for your post......

Glad you are able to get something from this sight.......

I am glad to be here for you and so many others.....

This house cleaning takes time and that we have much of when we want to do what is right for our program......

The cobwebs do collect faster than we think and to keep up with them is the best thing to do each day.............as there are times when relationships to get messed up if we tend to back off......

I have noticed the times that are not going right in my life as well and to make things right with those you live with is the best way to keep the peace...................

A house that isn't clean and peace within.....is one that is turned upside down......

Keep moving forward and know that you are here for the right reasons...........................

Hugs for you all that are still struggling.......

Get in that walk to clear your head and get the peace you need to work your program and return to your house with fresh thoughts ...........................

Little Penguin
Old 05-27-2008, 06:35 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Take that walk while you can today.......for us we are getting Thunder storms and some rain that is truely needed......but I have yet to see that.............as it is still early in the morning.........

For the moment sitting down with my paper and pencil....working the steps is what is on my mind.....something that needs to get done............................

A Hard Days Night is all it takes to get other work done......and a little patience from us......

Recovery is not an easy life and yet we are the ones to make this ife work for us........................take it one day at a time and know that you will make progress in the years to come........................

Little Penguin
Old 05-27-2008, 06:55 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm cleaning house this morning. ONe thing I'd like to clean is to apologize to everyone here for my previous drunken depressing suicidal posts. I am ashamed that I posted such things. It will not happen again. I am beginning to feel better about myself and my life and wish to thank all the people here for being so kind to me and supportive.

You are all truly wonderful friends and I am grateful to have such friends.

I love you all very much!!:ghug
Old 05-27-2008, 01:59 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

You are loved Least.

Barb
Old 05-28-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Oh.....some special Hugs.....

Always accepted no matter what...

Today I am looking to put more notes in my God Box to help me through the difficult issues that haven't gone away......

Life has so many ups and downs that it is hard to deal with everything and get moving on life as it really needs to be....

For the moment a good walk is in order to clear the head and then a meeting to check in with so many that like to see my bright and chery face................

Cleaning house is next on the list and keep the spider webs away..........a messy space isn't good and needs attention daily..

So get that paper and find a quiet place to go do some much needed work..........Good luck on your own work.....you can do this for a few minutes a day......

Hugs to all you that are suffering.......and need a boost in your program......

Little Penguin
Old 05-29-2008, 06:25 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

oh what a day with the fog it will be............Kinda earie looking and something to think about when you have a bad time getting your step work done..............

We all have one of those days and none is ever the same.......

Hang in there and know that life in this program must go on if you want to make something of yourself.........

Keep moving those feet forward and keep climbing the mountain......

Watch out for the pot holes............you want to stay out of them as much as possible............one way to do that is get to meetings...................

Little Penguin
Old 05-30-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Cleaning house today may seem hard when others get in the way for the wrong reasons......

Take a moment and thank God for what time He does give you to get some work done.................. You can do this and get loads done....

Tomarrow is another day to work out problems that don't get resolved the way you want today........

Be patient with yourself and others for the moment.....

You will see the light on your path to a better life....... One day at a time.....
Old 06-01-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

A word to think about for the day is.......
ENTHUSIASM

Try this one for the day thinking about what it means for you and your program.......

Can you deal with it and what you are to do for yourself today?

I can and work the steps to a tea......I can only do what God gives me the energy to do for the moment....

Think twice about the word given and move forward from there.....
Old 06-02-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Another word for the day..........

SIMPLICITY
and
SURRENDER

Picked two for today and thought you could take these words on a walk while you get your fresh air........

I am going to think about these words all day while I work on cleaning my inner house of the webs and such.........

Lots to do and clean up while moving forward with program stuff..... seems this will never end since it is with me the rest of my life...............

Keep going forward and make that mountain climb for yourself when you need to work harder..... don't worry about falling into the pot holes..... this is part of the program and all you have to do is pick yourself up and start again.....

Little Penguin
Old 06-04-2008, 06:37 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Oh the trouble is starting up again for my house...........and the neighbor has to go......... Such is the thought of nasty people that ask others to lie about the real truth.....

This isn't what we are in this program for........ We are not here to lie about our addiction and hide everything we have done........... This why we work the steps to be honest about our life and make ammends to all......

Clean house good and don't hide anything....... Don't worry about being judged.... There are Hugs waiting for you any time you want........so keep up the good work and get to loads of meetings.......

For today.....the word is : PATIENCE

I need this today and so does the contractor that was working on the house next door...... he was to come to my place and work....but didn't show up to tell me how much the job would be..........all because of the neighbor next to me who had her lawyer send him a letter to lie.......

Prayers are much needed..........that this goes away.....

I am cleaning house big time today and this week to let all this go......but now I find it real hard..... Recovery is my support and is what I really need for the moment..............

Have trouble with others in your life..... CLEAN HOUSE and keep moving forward.......Your program is important to keep you life going....
Old 06-06-2008, 06:31 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

A Treasure Hunt for the summer...

Sounds interesting.......and can be if you put your mind to it when working the steps in your program.....

I am thinking that some of you that don't know what treasure you have in just the steps alone...... Think about it when you work each step.....

The Hunt is to find all the positive things you get out of working the steps and keep note of them......

in the end note the negative things you get about working the Steps.....

In your meeting bring these up and see what others have to say.....

I just came up with this as the summer is now here with so many kids out of school........

Think about this and know that you are not alone......I have work to do with this little hunt myself and it sounds like a fun thing to do for the moment.......................

Little Penguin