Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 06-09-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

More treasures to find..........they are all around you at the moment.....think about it....

Cleaning house within is fun if you think in a positive way and make it exciting during this summer....

Find a nice place outside that is in the shade ....there you sit and work the steps......and take note of all the things around you.... If this place is not good find a park, beach or some place that will give you the peace you need to work the steps......

Make a picnic out of it and take the day to do this.......or just your lunch time....

Take that much needed walk so as not to sit around too much.....this will get you thinking about the steps for sure and what you need to work on the most......
Old 06-10-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Super fog today and clearing for the Hot day ahead of us.....

I am thinking of the early walk and all that comes with it to help me through my program and get the steps going in a peaceful way....

For today think of this word that was picked: CREATIVITY and SIMPLICITY

Sorry , we picked two to think about..... this is the fun of having so much summer time on our hands.....

Clean up your inner house and get the steps going......

The spiders like to take over during the summer and this is no time to sluff off.......

You can do this and it will make you feel the peace of your program .... find your friends there in the meetings and talk about what is going on in your life.....

Don't be afraid to talk ..... some people don't say much for fear that it will get out into the community or to the wrong person..... I was told that what is said in the meetings stays in the meetings..... if this doesn't happen then there are changes to be made at the meetings....

I know of someone that won't go back to meetings for this reason and said that that is just not right........ Trust others and know that they have to abide to the rules of the meetings to keep the peace within......... The right to have a place to talk openely is special..... Praying that we all in recovery hold to this .....

Have a good day and talk to you all later....................Keep coming back and know that you are in a good place...... Hugs are here for all those that need them........I am always here for everyone...........
Old 06-13-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Word picked for today.......FREEDOM

Have a good day and get the Cleaning of your house under way....

Think about all the times you put it off and wait for someone else to take you through the ropes of how to clean......

No one else will do this work on the steps for you.... This is your life and one that you need to take control of each day of your life....................

Working the steps takes time and patients......I remember when I had a hard time understanding how to really work the steps and if I was doing them right.........

You can do this by reading your recovery book and following the directions at meetings as well........ your sponsor will get you started.... But remember NO ONE WILL DO THE WORK FOR YOU.....

Keep the faith and take your time with the steps............you have lots of time to do them.... this is your program and not someone elses...
Old 06-13-2008, 02:54 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Was trying to pick up some stuff to help with my program and decided that I needed to really look back at loads of notes over the how many years I have stuck to my program.....

You can do this as well with what you have going to check how you have come a long way......... It helps me to see what progress I have made for myself when I have those days that nothing seems to go my way.....

I look to my God Box for help each day and that is good.....

Teddy Bears are always there for a lending hand of many Hugs......

Do your best today.... and remember that what you don't get done today there is always another day to look forward to......

Little Penguin
Old 06-14-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Depression can come in all kinds of sizes and shapes........

Don't let it get you down......get up and get in that much needed walk to see what is going on around you.....

meet a friend and get to a meeting....need a ride....call a friend............

Think positive today and tomarrow...... this is your life and meetings with close friends is important if you think so or not....

Praying for you that the right choice is made for the moment......

Need a special friend....? Get out and find that special Teddy Bear that needs a home of his own....

I look at the second hand stores and find ones that have been given away and still look new..... they can be washed carefully....I do this all the time and give lots away to those that need them............

Stop feeling sorry for yourself..........get moving.......
Old 06-16-2008, 06:37 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

For the moment today will be what I am willing to handle and no more......

One day at a time for the summer is all we can do for now....and thinking about our program is the best...

How can you make life a little easier for the moment and keep moving forward.....?

Am I doing what I need to for my life in recovery?

Am I getting to meetings and making a difference in my life?

Have I touched base with my sponsor on a regular basis?

Just some of the questions that most of us don't always think about when first starting out in recovery.....

For today we can only do what we can handle.... this is good

Cleaning house and working the steps is all some of us can handle....... Meetings are a must to keep that going and make more changes for a better life.......

Get in that walk for the day and feel the fresh air around you..... Take note of how the world is moving around you for the day.....see what you can do to make more changes for yourself.........................

Hugs for all those still suffering for the moment........you are not alone............
Old 06-17-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

The word picked for today to keep in mind while you are walking and cleaning that inner house during your quiet time is:

LIGHT

Have fun with it and remember that this word can mean all kinds of things for you for today.....

The steps are important in your recovery program and mean so much for those of us that have been doing this for a long time.....

Those of you that have just got started or keep slipping.....you will get there and with the help from those of us that have learned that this is the only way of life.....

Keep coming back and know that you are in the right place.....

Recovery is important in your life One day at a time.....

So ...get that cup of coffee, take your walk, get in your quiet time with the steps and get to a meeting.......
Old 06-19-2008, 09:35 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

A word for the night shift and those of us that are tucked tight in bed......at least some of us with all this heat we have been getting in California..........been 100 plus these last couple days and it is going to run for the weekend.....maybe more....

Praying for all those that are suffering with all the wash outs in Iowa and other places.....

The word I promised for the night shift:

The Angel Card picked is Blank....

So this means you come up with your
word for the night.....be creative
and find something you need to settle
your mind for the night......

I will come up with my own for my program work ..... I think I need the word....: RELLEASE

That sounds like a plan for me since so much has been going on today that I can't seem to accept...... Someone tried to rip off my savings and checking account and that was not the thing to do to someone like me........I put a stop to it before I lost out on money I didn't really have.....

Why do people try to take advantage of us little people that just don't have much money and we have to be creative about finding extra to cover the cost of things today...?

I am asking myself to think about the steps in a way that can keep my mind at peace for the moment..........I need loads of patience to keep moving forward.............

Clean your house today and tonight........ you can do this and try to stay ahead of those that want to do you wrong...... take heart of the situation and don't let anyone break your strength in your program......
Old 06-23-2008, 07:21 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Another word for the day:

UNDERSTANDING
and
BEAUTY

Have fun with these words and think of where they fit in your life at the moment..............at where you are with your program.............

Take that walk today and think about your Cleaning House process with your program in recovery........are you doing what you need to keep up with your life?

Are you doing all you can to make your life better for you?

Are you doing the steps one day at a time and making progress?

Have a good day and touch a life in the program.........
Old 06-24-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

The words for today to think about while summer stuff is going on............................

COURAGE

and

UNDERSTANDING

For the day is is nice to think about what you haven't done for your recovery and get moving.....

Cleaning house isn't just for someone else.... It is for you and your new life in this program....

You can keep up with the writing even if you are not use to doing so ..... find some quiet time and get used to writing each day...

find something to draw out with your writing even if you don't like to draw.... this is your life and you need to keep up with the changes you are going through.....

the steps are important to move forward in this world...... it is no fun staying in the same rut......

For the moment I am thinking of a walk to clear the air for me and maybe a bike ride to get the feelings in my head for what I need to do ................

Summer has so many things going on and loads of distractions...... Keep up the good work and get into those meetings at the same time.....

Hugs for all those still suffering and need a little of a boost to get motivated......................
Old 06-25-2008, 06:53 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

What a day this will be with all the fires going on here in California........

But life in recovery must go on no matter what......the fires are a good time to think about your program work and what you haven't done..............it is also a time for patience with the firefighters to put out the fire if it gets close to your place..................

For today..... the words picket are:

First Word picked was BLANK.....YES BLANK
This means you come up with your own
word for the day.....

Second Word Picked was : RESPONSIBILETY

Think about what this word means through out your day...

Have fun with the one word that showed up BLANK......sometimes these are fun when there is something you need to think about all day with your program......... Peace of mind always comes to me and that is something I need when working the steps and cleaning house in my own space......

For today you can come up with your own word and use the other one that was picked.....

Get busy as the day is short when there is something to do....

I find there are not enough minutes in the day when I am totally busy..... that is why I start the day with a good walk to clear the air in me...... it gives me the chance to think about my program and what recovery has offered me since day one....

those of you that are still getting started in your program....you will make progress in due time......

those of you that have gotted the dent going....be sure you get to some meetings and help those that are just getting going.........

pass around the Hugs today to someone that is haveing a tough time and is on there first day or so of Recovery...........
Old 06-26-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

No word picked for today...... just thinking that cleaning your inner house is more important for today...

Think about yourself for the moment and what you need to do for you......... Make this your special day and get to loads of meetings, get lots of Hugs, check in with your sponsor, do some writing and just be yourself.................

Think positive today and don't let too much get you down.....

Have problems will solve in recovery ....ONE DAY AT A TIME....

Little Penguin
Old 06-28-2008, 06:52 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Word for today is..............PATIENCE

This we all need to get by in our program work......

One day at a time for now and take that walk to think about what we haven't done.......

Need a friend to help with your program work in recovery?

Get that special Teddy Bear like most of us have .... there is one out there waiting for you....

And don't think this is a childish thing to have around.....NOT.....so many of us no matter a guy or gal.....we all need one when there is no one around that will listen to us.....

I have found that the guys think this is real childish......and they are wrong.... few guys will go out and get one to help them through their program....

But I know for a fact that guys have feelings and do cry like the ladies..... you guys just like to be mocho and hold back the tears.....

Today you have to change and be more than just a guy........

But do remember it won't make you less than what you are.......

This is recovery and we all have feelings..........

For the rest of you.....TIME TO CLEAN YOUR INNER HOUSE.....

Each of us have to do this and keep up with all those spots that we stuff the dirt........the carpet is a good place to start and clean our the place you most likely have tried to hide out....

Cleaning house is the best thing you can do for yourself.....and get that teddy bear to help with the Hugs you need to get through the tough spots......... do this on your own and in a quiet place..............

Take that walk first to think about what you need to do for you and what changes you can add to your step work...........

Hang in there and know that you are not alone on this ......we all have baggage and need to work on it more.........
Old 06-29-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

The word for today has come to the step work......

Step Two.......GRANDIOSE THINKING
( Daniel 4:19-33 )

Step Eleven....A NEW HIDING PLACE
( 2 Samuel 22:1-33 )

Have fun with these as it is Sunday and I thought a little Bible verse to add to it would be nice for those that want the extra work..................

Otherwise think about the words and go from there with your Step work...........

Keep cleaning house for today and find some time to get in that walk and be with family and friends for the summer....

4TH of July is coming up and it is a time to get together with those friends in recovery that make your life worth living......

Little Penguin
Old 07-01-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Tried to just pick two words for today and ended up with three..... Have fun with them...

Step Four: COMING OUT OF HIDING
(Genesis 3:6-13)

Step Four: God's Mercy
(Revelation 20:11-15)

Step Nine: A SERVANT'S HEART
( 1 Peter 2:18-25)

Have a good day and talk to you all later after I get in my walk and think about the steps I need more work on for the moment...................

This is a good day for me to Clean My Inner House and get some other recovery stuff done.......

Thinking of drawing some pictures about my recovery and more so...........want to make a cartoon about my recovery to look back at.... and may use it as an example when my little one gets older..... One thing about kids they do listen when you give them a story...

But for me it is something as a tool for the next generation...... Kids have a way of looking at their life and wanting change early.... and make their future different than parents.............

Talk to you all later as I have much work to do...
Old 07-03-2008, 07:34 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Two words for today to think about while working your program and taking that walk......

Step Three: TRUSTING GOD
(Numbers 23:18-24)

Step Five: RECEIVING FORGIVENESS
(Acts 26:12-18)

Have fun thinking about these words during your program work and so on....... Take time to think about these words during your day and how they fit in with your Recovery.......

Have you worked these steps?

If so.... look back at where these fit in and work them again.....

What can you do differently?

Have fun and know that you are in the right place ...... this is your recovery..... make the most of it and get to those meetings that you have neglected....
Old 07-06-2008, 06:31 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

A day to take some time out for yourself and think about your life in recovery.....

So many of us just think things are going just fine and we can do as we please ....Not ...... the program you are in is important for the rest of your life to keep things going in a smooth way....

The law will catch up with you if you don't follow your recovery program........... I am watching one person who I thought was on the right path to reccovery.... and yet knew something wasn't right about the way this persons life was going....

It wasn't up to me to say something.....All I could do is pray that this person would get out of the slump and not face jail time since probation was still hanging over head....

As it stands the law did catch up with this one and jail time is what is next....

I pray for all those that still suffer and need the will power to carry on with their program............ life is too good to pass up for drugs or alcohol....... and messing up with probation looking at you straight in the eye......

For today...... stay strong in your program..... if there is a problem and you need help... look to those in the program to help out if they can....

Get to meetings and talk about what is going on in your life.... there are still others out there having as much trouble....

Work the steps and take note of every detail and read between the lines.......... You can do this.......

Hugs to all you out there today...........
Old 07-08-2008, 06:04 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Thinking of what I need to do for my own program and think positive about everything......

The fires are devastating for those of us that are trying to keep the faith.....

For someone like me....... I need all the patience I can get for the moment..... We have to think in a good way and pray for each other...

Today........helping others is the best thing to do for the moment....... getting to meetings where you are for the moment is good.... talk about all that is going on and if you are in the areas of fires.. help others..... think about your program and work what you can....

Keep your head clear and know that there are others having a harder time..... get groups together and search out those that need Hugs and so much more....

Keep a positive look at your life and know that Recovery is the best place to be when things are going bad.....

Work the steps and think back at when you first got started.... What changes have you noticed?

Are you making progress?

Are you moving forward?

Get Hugs today to clear the stress you may be going through.....and help someone to understand that there is another day to look forward to....................
Old 07-14-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Soooooo frustrated about someone else I care about doing what I would never get involved with...... my soberiety is more important to me that just giving up all I gained in my life....

I could never throw away what I have today........ Believe me I have thought about it..... and many times I have run away from what others think about me giving up and just let myself give in........ I can't just do that and throw away all this recovery......

Life is more worth the love I have given myself to stay where I am in my program...... this is the best life I could have ever thanked God for.......

This is my life........I love what I have today...... I hate what those I love have gotten into......especially when I have worked 22 years to stay in the now with my own program.....

Cleaning house gets us what we need for today..... this is what we have worked so hard for.... and when you have made it through the 12 steps you can start over and see your life build all over again..... this is the fun of the program..... take it with pride and enjoy life..... One day at a time......
Old 07-17-2008, 06:17 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Finally two picks for the day to think about while cleaning your house within.................

Step One: Like Little Children
(Mark 10:13-16)

Step six: Healing the Brokenness
(Psalm 51:16-19)

Have fun with these two for the day and week.......

On to better things within recovery........ thinking of finding new ways to keep me motivated besides getting to meetings and talking to others in the program......

figure if no one in my family is going to listen and just drink around me....I need someplace else to go and talk to others that understand where I am today and how I feel.

We all have those days with those we live with and want to be patient with these people.......... It isn't easy and I just have to take it one day at a time....... and ask God to give me the patience to carry on......

I usually find myself absorbed in my big book looking for answers to many questions that I can't answer so easy for myself......................the answers are out there someplace I know...... and with the hard times most of us are going through with the High prices of things.....I just let God take over and give me the answers in His time......

Hang in there and know that there are always Hugs hanging out here..............................