Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 04-16-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Thinking of how hard it is to get someone else to do the right thing for their life....... We have struggled hard to get where we are with our program today and to see someone we love take things tough is something else.....

But all we can do is pray for this other person and direct them in the right way..............They have to make the right choice in their lives.....we can only let them know that our program is moving forward in a happy way......

Take time to thank God for your life and what your program has done for you......................keep up the good work and know that the Program really works if you work it.........

Little Penguin
Old 04-17-2008, 06:41 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Work on your most difficult area in your program today and know that you are not alone in this.......We all have problems getting going and working the steps..... Some of us have problem getting to meetings and more so.....

Clean that inner house and take a walk to clear the air at the same time.... Spring is here for some of us and summer days have been rolling in a little at a time..................

Little Penguin
Old 04-18-2008, 06:55 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Low energy today....? You are not alone.... we all have those days and this is the time to get to a meeting and get moving with your program work more so than usual..... You can do this and call a friend in the program if you need someone to help get you motivated.......

Read some pages in your program book and go from there ..... work the steps and clean house.......this is important....

Hug that Bear if you managed to pick one up..... if no bear.... What are you waiting for.... this isn't just for women.... You men can get one and not feel it just a kid thing or women thing.........I won't tell if you guys get a bear to help you through your program..... I gave one to a guy and he was glad to have it..... I even wrote program slogans for the bear and it made life more special to get through the rough days........................

Little Penguin
Old 04-21-2008, 07:18 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Life goes on and dragging feet seems to be what is going on today.........no energy and that is normal...... But keep moving and get motivated with your meetings...

If you can't get going...... call someone to come get you and go from there............

work the steps with a friend around that knows what you are doing and is working their own program......... find a quiet place to do this and enjoy having someone else around............just be sure you do your own work...... then get off on a walk and go from there.......

You can do this and find the energy to move forward.......

Little Penguin
Old 04-22-2008, 06:37 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

No time to think about what you don't want to do.........You must get up and do something with your program no matter what it looks like outside....

You can sleep later after you get some work done........... Touch base with your sponsor as you may not have done that lately.... Right?

Work the steps as the spider webs are getting out of control in some areas..... this is why Cleaning house is important..... a daily job keeps the bugs away in all the work..... You will be able to find the last spot you were working...

Think about doing something you haven't done for your program....... do you have time ...? Sure... Make time and you will have a wonderful day...

Get that cup of coffee or tea and get to a meeting today...... talk to someone if you need some help in a tough area.... and get some Hugs... You will feel much better that you let go and let your program take over your life...........

Little Penguin
Old 04-23-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Came up with a word for the day to think about and how it fits in your recovery today.........................CONFIDENCE..........

Think about it today and how this fits in your program today.....

Kinda neat to do this and I will come up with a few for the rest of the week..........

Clean your house today and think about what you haven't done on your step work................. make it fun for yourself and find something to dray with that work..... Can't Draw? Find a picture from a magazine or somehting that fits how you feel.......

Get that Bear and think of a place you and your bear can have some fun........... Oh, Don't forget to put a note in your God box today....

Remember that God box you are to be working on?

Some of you may have forgotten to do one and there is plenty of time.......I have mine .... it is an old Olvatine container and I decorated it with some special Angels I drew.......

Have fun today and know that I am praying for you and your recovery....

Little Penguin
Old 04-26-2008, 08:08 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Another word for today.............Peace of heart........

Have a good day and enjoy the weekend...........

Little penguin
Old 04-28-2008, 07:00 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Thinking I need loads of patients today and need my program to really work over time.................

Nice people and honest people are hard to find...........

In our program work we are to own up to so much and keep the peace going around us..........How can we do that if others that say they are sooooo good don't own up to what they preach.....

I came across someone like that and they turned around and slapped me with some paperwork that is causing me to not be in such a good mood....

Please Lord......help me to work my program more than I ever have and keep the peace within myself................I don't want to drink over something that someone has caused for me............I thought my life had problems........ Now I have a neighbor that is going to be the worst thing that moved into my neighborhood........

I need lots of patience........and to work my program...........

Any of you out there that have the same trouble........Know that there is a God out there that will help......we just need to trust more than we ever have.............

Today I am going to pray for all the things I need to present to others that I need help from to keep this unruley neighbor away from me.....and her Lawyer........

Life can get so nasty and yet We have the Program and our work to keep us going in a better way............It really takes time to keep the peace within us.....................and Cleaning our house does help situations ......

Hugs to you all and I will find the Hugs I need for today..........

Little Penguin
Old 04-28-2008, 01:41 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Old 05-03-2008, 03:18 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your prayers and hugs.......I truely have friends here that understand......

Things are looking not so good as the lady nightmare moved in with her husband these last couple days..............she is trying to get others in the neighborhood against me and it hasn't worked for her........and then she tried to talk bad about another neighbor next to her that doesn't do anything to his yard......she got put in her place.......

I am not talking to her and that is her fault and the lawyer she sicked on me....

Today I am grateful for my program and encourage you all to work your steps and clean your house daily.....

Life can be nasty just on our own terms......but when someone else tries to mess things up for us.........We have to pray that God is there to fix things.....

Have faith and work your program.....get to meetings and talk about what is going on.....Keeping things bottled up isn't good..........

Little Penguin
Old 05-04-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Today is a good day to write my prayer and put it in my God Box......

I have lots to say and continue on my path to recovery............

Days may be rough and others are nasty.......But we must ignore them and keep our program going.........We have something that Mean and nasty people don't.....

I have one neighbor that just moved in next door that is now Queen of Mean......one that I thought was a friend........she has one other friend spying on my and my family and that is bad......They tell her everything that I am doing ................BAD PEOPLE..........I pray that God takes care of them for me................................

For today I have a better life with God and my program to keep the peace for me.....................I have craft projects to keep me going and to sit here and write you all..........

There is a nasty world out there and the best thing for all of us is to keep going......get to meetings and try to ignore all those that think they can mess with our heads and call us every nasty word in the book.......................sometimes it is hard for me to accept.....but I don't like nasty words...........and when someone tells my other half what they think of me using so many words...........WELL THIS PERSON HAS THE WORSE PROBLLEM

Hugs to all those that are in need today...............Little Penguin
Old 05-04-2008, 10:51 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

We all need change in our lives and today we are the only ones that can do this work in our program..........You are in control.......God is your backbone..................keep moving forward and don't let anyone tell you that Recovery is a waste of time........................

Little Penguin
Old 05-04-2008, 12:23 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Little Penguin. I'm sorry about the problems your having with your neighbor.

I know a local AA that really intimidates me and gets on my nerves. I didn't even go to certain meetings because of this person. No more. I'm going to my meeting tonight and focus on the people that do care about me. I have every right to be there as any one else.

Barb
Old 05-04-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing.....You are not alone since I can relate to what you are saying.....I remember a group of ladies on retreat that did the same thing to me and still think I am a joke...................I was leading a different type of life then and just wanted them to go away......

I even thought about forgetting my recovery and stop meetings all together.............I could have requested to be transfered someplace else and started things better for myself.........

Sometimes running away isn't always the answer for our problems........

Recovery is to be the best place for all of us........sometimes others in recovery need more time to think about how they smash other into corners....they need to own up to so much and work the steps much harder than us.............................But we can't do their inventory..........Hopefully they will come back and say they were sorry.........

I will pray for you and me......and anyone else that need prayers today................ Little Penguin
Old 05-05-2008, 06:38 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

I feel like I am on my own to suffer and Ask God to help me through each day of my life.................I want so much to tell someone what to do with their life and yet.......The best thing is to pray that she and her hubby change their ways....

God is their judge and not me,..............I pray something will happen soon

I need so much of a vacation from all my stress that a meeting and talking here is all I can do for now.............

Thought for today: Think positive and do what you need to keep yourself sane.......work your program and get to meetings, talk to others in the program....

I will Clean my inner house and think of all the things I haven't done in the last few days.............................I need to stay on the right path to my recovery and keep moving forward.....

This is your life in recovery also.......don't let someone elses actions get to you.........you have a much better life than those that cause trouble for you................

Keep the day simple and know that we are all in this recovery together.........those that are not are missing something from their lives....................

Hugs to you all and keep a smile on your face.......ignore the unruley ones they have no place in this world with us........God will take care of them.......

Little Penguin

Last edited by expenguin; 05-05-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:00 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Cleaning house after someone does so much wrong to you is a tough one.....

One thing I do know is that We have a recovery program that keeps us in the moment.....we work our program and work it well......the other person...Well that is another story....

Pray for all those that don't have a clue of Recovery and what we have to keep us going each day..........God is there for us and will help out...We just need to be patient each minute of our day.......

Taking time to get in a much needed walk and think of all the things I have going for me and what friends I still have in this world..........

I have a bear..."Chester" who is there for me and always has the Hugs I need to get me through each day..........

Prayer Box is the next best thing to put all these trouble some stuff.....

Little Penguin
Old 05-06-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Today I have no time for distractions that other people cause......I have a program to pay attention to and keep moving forward with........

This is my life and what I put into it is what I will get out of it.....

Cleaning my house is the only job I have for the moment and I am on my own to be sure I do a good job......No one else can tell me how to do it......I have to trust my heart and ask God for the assistance I need to do the job................

Take each moment slowly and do your best for today............

Little Pengin
Old 05-07-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Really clean house today.......but first take that long walk and smell the air ...................take note of everything around you and then go home and work the steps.......

put on some quiet relaxing music and just get busy with the steps you need to work harder on.........

This is your day to find yourself...........you can do this........

Get to meetings and tell what is on your mind........say how things are doing in your little life........

Little Penguin
Old 05-09-2008, 11:47 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Taking the day with one moment at a time for now.......lots to do and plants to water...............

Dogs busy and that is good..........

for me.....I will work the steps and get in that much needed walk to clear the air a bit...................time to think about all the things I didn't do the other day..............

Keep that God box going and work some projects you didn't do the other day or today.........................

This is your life and you need to make the most of it.....
Old 05-10-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

A good weekend to finish up what you left behind in your program.......

Clean up your work and move on to the next thing......

This is your day to do the right thing for yourself.......get to those meetings you keep snuffing off.........touch base with those you haven't seen in a while..............

work on some prayer time if you do that......you need your quiet space to clear the air........

Get in a walk today and take a friend with you................

Make a coffee date with someone in the program and talk about the changes you noticed since you got into the program......and what you still need to work on.........................