Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 94

Old 12-27-2019, 09:55 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hooray for you, Rusty!

Grateful for today. I will try to spend it well.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:53 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wolfie - How I wish I'd seen the light at your age....things would have been so different. Congrats on nearly 7 yrs.
Zip - I am so grateful for your news - prayers answered.
Rose - Have a wonderful time visiting - I'll be looking out into the trees too.
Cour - Glad you had that cookie talk.
Fearless - Grateful your friend's mom & dog are ok - what a horrible thing to happen. Didn't think of a heating pad as potentially dangerous.
Numb - Nice to know you're attached to us, even in the middle of Nowhere. Enjoy the serenity.
Grateful for a day in which I have absolutely nothing to accomplish.
Grateful to acknowledge that I will be gaining a few lbs. - but they will be coming off towards the end of Jan. Or early Feb.
Grateful it wasn't a Christmas of old, in which I barely drew a sober breath. How could I have justified it?
Grateful for our little grat family.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:55 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Hevyn that means the world the plan is to die sober no relapses .. I know it happens and can happen to me if I let it but idk the way I look at alcohol now is just kinda pathetic that people need a "social lubricant" or whatever I like giving normies the FOMO because I know for 100% fact I ain't missing nothing no more blackouts no more hospital visits no more 24h vomiting etc et el

I know I'm young and make mistakes still because of that but I do try to learn improve and get better

I've always loved your presence at SR Hevyn

Grateful for the WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2019, 10:07 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful to be back here after a few days missed, missed you all.
Grateful for my home and family.
Grateful for SR
Old 12-28-2019, 02:57 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Fabulous news Rusty, onwards and upwards now into 2020. I'm really happy for you.

Grateful for another hangover and guilt free morning.
Grateful for a half decent nights sleep.
Grateful Mr D.B isn't in work today and grateful he's going to wash my car.
Grateful to give my mum a lift to town.
Grateful the weather has cheered up.
Grateful to be getting back into the routine of posting here again.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for each and every one of you. xx
Old 12-28-2019, 03:06 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Do your best

Grateful for long hot soaks
Old 12-28-2019, 04:25 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for Zip's good news!

Grateful for a little extra sack time this morning.

Grateful for the unseasonably warm weather. I need to up my walking while I still can!

Grateful for perspective.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-28-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Grateful for RZ’s continued shrinkage !
Grateful Fearless’ friend’s mother and dog were unharmed and that they have insurance, and that Fearless can make it out to TX to take care of her dad’s affairs. Thank you, also, for the kind words as I refocus and remember what kind of person I want to be.
Grateful Daisy & Mags have rejoined us.
Grateful to see the sweet exchange between Soberwolf and Hev. Two mighty pillars of this sweet community!
Grateful for Aly, Rose, Courage, FBL, NC, Deserto, Writer, Anaya, Pouncer, Caramel, Austerities, and all others who are here or have come through here making this a grateful, positive place! (I’m scared I’m leaving someone out but I don’t mean to because I love you all ).

Grateful for a restful night of delicious sober sleep (sorry for the insomniacs but it has been a while for me so I was relieved to get it).
Grateful my Kindle app lets me read multiple books at the same time if I feel like it.
Grateful I got to spend yesterday evening cleaning out and reorganizing some of my daughter’s stuff. Why do I feel guilty about purging toys and crap when I finally get the chance?! Grateful I should be able to finish up most of that today.
Grateful sobriety allows me to plan an overnight trip with my daughter and her friend for her birthday without trying to figure out when I can drink and whether someone else’s kid will notice and how i can avoid driving, etc.
Grateful for beautiful Tx weather.
Grateful for quiet time.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:12 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Grateful we've only a few more days of 2019. Hoping and praying 2020 is a better year.
Grateful to have medical insurance and no unreasonably long waits to have testing completed, etc.
Grateful for medical professionals, who are the best at what they do.
Old 12-28-2019, 06:46 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

numb
Grateful for RZ’s continued shrinkage
grateful i never thought i would agree with that! lol

grateful for all of you
Old 12-28-2019, 07:58 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

(((Rz)))
Soberwolf, I am grateful for your avatar. While I’m not positive, I think it might be from Zelda? I will have to google it. I do not play but my husband and son are huge Zelda and BOTW fans. My son completed BOTW a few years ago and then moved on to other things. Then I found out I guess you are never really done if you don’t want to be, and my husband still plays every day.
Mags, I always miss you when you aren’t here
Glad you are back Daisy
Numblady, so glad you had a restful sleep. I did too last night and I am sort of wondering if it has anything to do with my new blue light blocking reading glasses so I can read my Kindle before bed and not have it affect my sleep. Grateful for these new glasses which I got in six different colors, including a blue pair. Yep, I’m one of those people now!
Grateful for Amazon
Grateful for my Kindle for same reason as stated by NL
Grateful for everyone here
Old 12-28-2019, 08:57 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that the headache I woke up with wasn't from drinking, and my coffee made it go away.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:09 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Grateful that the headache I woke up with wasn't from drinking, and my coffee made it go away.
Oooh! That’s always nice!

Grateful today for SR - and for finding other people who want to live good lives.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:20 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful that Rusty told me about Rule 62.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:45 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good shift at ARF last night. My old partner came in for an hour and helped me out. Grateful she may come back, even if only every other week.Grateful for the lovely and thoughtful xmas gift she gave me. Grateful to have stayed late and helped out as the person to take over never showed. Grateful for a nice talk with my supervisor about different options. Grateful one of the pitties who has been there a long time, finally got adopted. Keep our fingers crossed he doesn't come back.
Grateful for an easy Sat. Let my body recoup. Maybe later I'll feel like doing something productive, but grateful I don't have to!
Grateful for all of the wonderful people who make up this thread and love to each and every one of you.
Peace and love to all and esp to anyone struggling or suffering in any way.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:28 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aww, Wolfie - you made me all teary (in a good way). Thank you, too, Numblady for your sweet comment.
Zip - You rascal. So glad sense of humor is intact.
Busy day, but sending out love & hugs to everyone who visits here.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:34 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful Zippy has good, positive news.
Grateful to Numblady and Fearless and al who missed me for a few days. I sure had missed all of you.
Grateful Aly knows to be caring to herself and had an easy Saturday and let her body recoup.
Grateful prescription meds are kicking in, feeling a bit more human this morning.
Grateful for my morning coffee.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:00 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Do your best

Grateful for feeling warm on a pretty cold morning

Yes fearless that is a Zelda avatar but I got to fess up I don't know to much except from playing legend in my childhood I thought it was a cool pic

Bluetooth headset which makes weights so much more easier

For the food yesterday wowzers it was good I finished my plate .. it was a big plate yum !

For Rusty's continued shrinkage (I saved the best gratitude for last)
Old 12-29-2019, 01:39 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Grateful for another Sunday morning without a hangover headache and a churning stomach.
Grateful for another half decent nights sleep.
Grateful to be the only one up in the house at the moment, I like this short time to myself.
Grateful for a good cup of Yorkshire tea.
Grateful to have no plans for today, I shall just take it as it comes.
Grateful for the welcome I got from my little Lulu cat this morning, sucking my dressing gown sleeve and padding on me, then she ruined it all by attacking my feet
Grateful Fearless's friends mum and dog were safe after the house fire, I'm so sorry that I missed that in your post yesterday.
Grateful Numblady had a restful nights sleep and grateful she doesn't need to worry anymore about how to plan how she can drink on her daughter's overnight birthday trip. That's a good feeling.
Grateful that Fearless has colour coordinated light blocking reading glasses, how cool is that, I want some too.
Grateful that Aly had a good shift at the ARF and grateful that she stayed late to help. Grateful one of the pitties got adopted, fingers crossed that he has found his forever home.
Grateful that Mags's meds have kicked in and she is feeling better this morning.
Grateful Soberwolf has joined us here.
Grateful to each and everyone of you, I'm so blessed to have found you.
Old 12-29-2019, 02:32 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Grateful for restful sleep.
Grateful for Sunday and all that it will bring.
Grateful to look forward to an outing and hoping all goes well.
Grateful for all of you.