Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 94

Old 11-30-2019, 10:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Morning Gratitude ~ Part 94

New Thread Continues From Here.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-93-a-25.html (Morning Gratitude ~ Part 93)
Old 12-01-2019, 12:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning all, my Internet is running really slow and has been for a couple of days, so it's been difficult to post.
F.B.L thank you for sharing that story, it's very heartwarming and inspiring. Good news re your dear mum too.

Thanks for your comments re my son and his job, I can live in hope that he turns his life round, sorry if I come over as being sceptical but he and money have never had a good relationship. Prayers.

Grateful for this new thread, thank you Opi.
Grateful for a sober Sunday morning.
Grateful for the serenity prayer and the sick man prayer.
Grateful my g.son is with me, I'm taking him for a karate grading in a couple of hours. It's for the 3rd tab on his brown belt, if he passes this his next grading will be for junior black belt. Fingers crossed.
Grateful that though it is freezing cold, it is dry and it will be a cold,crisp, sunny day, I hope.
Grateful that my little Lulu cat is indoors in the warm.
Grateful for warm clothes and central heating.
Grateful for each and every one of you. xxx
Old 12-01-2019, 02:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Opi.

I missed a day so I got to catch up just now with a whole bunch of interesting, fun, thought provoking, moving posts! Envy you your beach walks, HReady, I really do. And I'm glad for you the mental fog is clearing a bit, NewChapter. I wouldn't say mental fog in my case but certainly some very emotional turmoil and it's nice to get a break from that.

NL - that was funny (and recognisable) about your son and the 5k race. It's just the beginning! Your children start to outdo you in so many wonderful and surprising ways as they grow up they could really start to lord it over you if they so chose!

FBL - I am grateful to you for your moving and ultimately very optimistic post as you finish the Gratitude Challenge. "Happy, joyous and free". As good as it gets.

ImValentine - "family situations are challenging and acceptance hurts". I can identify with that. I also think acceptance can be sheer hard work so it gets a touch exhausting. Good luck with the Christmas decorating.

Thanks Hev. Yes, introspection is the right word I feel. I feel I'm doing rather too much of it. But if it does transpire that it's about healing and growing I can live with that.

Rusty - down to you to show them how it's done at the epic all star jam. We are relying on you!

Aly - your relationship with your nephews, and niece, sounds very close and special. Those girls at the ARF know you well!

Fearless - so much admin work involved in sorting things out for your dad. Terrifying frankly. Well done on persevering. Am I grateful that you mentioned almond kringles? I am! Inspired to buy some to add to my tower of mince pies which I've bought for testing purposes only you understand.....

Hi Daisy, you said it. Feeezing out yesterday. Can I face another 3 months of this weather? Do I have a choice?

Grateful for a constructive outing yesterday, even if it was a little fraught doing Christmas shopping on a feeezing and very crowded cold day in London. Managed to get a few good things, not all of which were totally overpriced.
Thankful for an OK night's sleep. A rare but beautiful event.
Grateful to have had dinner with some close friends yesterday that involved wine for them but not for me. The new normal. There wasn't even a wine glass set out for me. And I didn't feel any desire to find one.
Grateful to have a totally free day ahead and to be sitting here responding to and sharing thoughts with all of you. Can't think of a better way to start the day.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for the new thread. Thanks, Opi!

Grateful for all the mods here at SR. A mostly thankless task that they do so well.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Grateful for this nice sun-shiny day.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Agree with FBL on gratitude for Mods—all their work and words of wisdom. I wish everyone would always listen to them and follow all the rules of the site!
And thank you, FBL, for sharing your post. It was a very well timed reminder of the joys of not drinking.
Rusty, I feel like all your jams are probably epic!
Fearless, I’m glad you lined up an attorney. I hope it will save you some banging of your head against the wall. As a lawyer myself I always stick up for them. I think of them somewhat like police in the sense that many people complain about them — until they need one. And then when they do, a good lawyer speaks up for you in ways that you can’t or won’t. Jeez, sorry. I didn’t mean to digress that far off of my attempt to offer some support for what sounds like such a stressful, difficult situation. I am sorry you are going through it, but grateful your dad has you to stick up for him (and hopefully a good lawyer too if you need it!).

Grateful for Austerities’ post closing out the last thread, with gratitude for a sober year.
Grateful to have made it home safely and on time yesterday.
Grateful my iPad remembers so many passwords so I don’t have to.
Grateful for again experiencing the miracle of this too shall pass when it came to some very tough drinking thoughts this TG.
Grateful that once I removed drinking as an option from my mind I experienced such joy and calm. I did yoga on the deck of the little cottage where we were staying on my in-laws property. The sun felt so warm and how lucky was I to be out there in perfect weather with time all to myself.
Grateful to sit around the table Friday night with a bunch of heavy drinkers (and one guy who didn’t drink at all which made me really happy) and laugh my a## off. Grateful too for the times sitting around on my MIL’s porch especially before the drinks started flowing, when everyone was just experiencing belly laughs and relaxing without any booze.
Grateful to sit by a fire and watch a dazzling sunset and find I could breathe and feel nothing other than gratitude and joy for a little while.
Grateful that all the drunk people thought I was like 15 years younger than I am. This is stupid but it’s been so long since anyone said I look young or pretty (other than my husband, which I do also appreciate)—and they said both. I don’t even care if they were loaded. I know it’s a very shallow thing but it was really a nice thing to hear.
Grateful my SIL is a nurse practitioner and was able to examine my sick daughter and call in an Rx for her while we were there.
Grateful we just left our Xmas lights up from last year so I just plugged them in and voila! Decorating complete.
Grateful my parents are coming to visit this week.
Grateful I’ve gotten to spend a long time in here on this board. Sorry for the long post! And didn’t even remember all the things I wanted to say.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

grateful for the new part

grateful my bandmates showed up for the jam and we got to do a short set

grateful i got asked to play for most of the night with jam guys & gals

more grateful i had the ooommmppphhh to pull it off!

and grateful my first real love showed up with brother and his wife

she's up from fla. for thanksgiving

haven't seen her in quite some time
Old 12-01-2019, 06:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Grateful for enough sleep last night.
Grateful the DIL made it home from work yesterday. She did get milk...before getting stuck in the snow 4 blocks away and walking home. She didn’t have her phone. I have not been codependently managing things for her. It’s been a long week of minding my own business! She got a ride to work this morning.
Grateful Gson will help get her car unstuck this afternoon. Blizzard conditions over and wind will calm down by noon.
Grateful I have a busy week coming up.
Grateful I am here and sober this morning.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thanks for the new part Opi!

This morning I'm grateful to wake up and realize it was just a scary dream and wasn't really happening.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you for the new thread, Opi!
Grateful I remembered to log back before posting since I had timed out. I would have lost my post
Imvalemtine, sorry your dil had to go through that. Glad you didn’t give in to codependency though I’m sure that was difficult. I struggle with codependency issues too
Numblady, I have a high respect for attorneys and what they do to help other people. I think you mentioned you are in social services (?) which is very admirable and I imagine can be both rewarding and challenging. I am glad you were able to get through the AV thoughts this time of year and enjoy sober socializing and laughter! Btw, I imagine you are both pretty and young looking 😊
Rusty, so glad you are jamming!
Daisy, continued prayers for your son that he will find his way. Good luck with your g.son’s testing! It reminded me my son is scheduled for his black belt test later this month and suddenly made me feel very nervous and excited! He has been in karate for about seven years. We started him young because we heard martial arts is helpful for troubled kids or with ADHD, autism, etc. he has come so far. I know I’m digressing. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your g.son. I’m sure you are so proud of him.
Rose, that’s great you got some Christmas shopping in! I’ll be doing most of mine with the help of Amazon. I am grateful for Amazon! I am glad for your new normal
Aly, I hope you are doing ok today and taking care of your back

Grateful for all the SR administrators
Grateful sonny boy has a play date today
Grateful to have some time to pay bills and maybe even work on holiday cards today, maybe even a little time to myself to do anything I want
Grateful to look back and see how much better life is, even the downs, going through it sober
Grateful for each of you
Old 12-01-2019, 10:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a warm day to walk Billie.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
p***enger

Rusty, what a wonderful night!

Least, I'm glad you have Billie

Grateful to be living a life with many possibilities instead of the single certainty of the next drink.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you Opi! ♥
Rusty, so grateful you got to play and it sounds like you had fun. Grateful for you and your uplifting posts! ♥
Grateful for the rain, although it's coming down pretty hard and I'm not looking forward to taking Luke out later. Maybe the rain will let up a bit later.
.Aus, huge congrats on your sobriety! ♥
Grateful so much for all of you and all the support here. I don't know what I'd do without you all! ♥♥♥
Old 12-01-2019, 01:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - I'll send up some prayers for your nephew. Such a difficult situation. I'm glad you had a good visit with your niece.
Fearless - Even though having POA is an honor in a way, it's a daunting task. I hope things will become clearer and easier to deal with.
Daisy - I hope the karate session went well for g.son.
Rose - Congratulations on not having the desire. When that finally happened to me I was overjoyed.
Numblady - Well done for rising above the temptation. My first calendar year of being sober had quite a few rough spots - but each time I triumphed over the craving I grew stronger.
When I see pics of myself while I was still drinking, I can't believe how puffy & haggard I looked. Didn't even realize it at the time. I'm glad you got those lovely compliments - it all helps to encourage us, and it's not shallow to enjoy them.
Grateful for another sober Thanksgiving - with no resentment.
Grateful you played, Zip - and got to see your former love.
Grateful for the beauty of the falling snow. Big storm today & tomorrow.
Grateful the deer will come to munch on our bushes - we'll knock the snow off for them.
Grateful we all speak the same language.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

TY, Hev. Love you! ♥♥♥
Old 12-01-2019, 08:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Magsie

Numblady, hope your daughter is soon well.

Opi thanks you for the new thread x

Grateful I’m back after missing some days
Grateful I have asthma treatments to hand
Grateful for being sober
Grateful for all of you Grats and your optimism and love.
Grateful FBL got sober all those years ago and has found a good life.
Grateful central heating is on, on this cold morning.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that Rusty enjoyed his jam session.

Grateful that Mom has started physical therapy.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of your amazing Grats posts!
Grateful that I was able to catch up on all of your Grats & Gripes as Least stated in one of her posts!
Grateful for SR.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

RZ, that sounds like quite the night! Happy for you.
Fearless, you correctly remembered I’m in social services. Child and adult protection specifically. And thank you for the kind words!
Courage, grateful for what you said about the life full of possibilities. So true.

Grateful for a very nice dinner last night — and to recognize and observe some negative self talk in my mind as we were with some people I did not know all that well. when that happens sometimes I spend way too much mental energy wondering if people like me. Who cares?!
Grateful the coffee was made when I got up.
Grateful for my Kindle app and the ease of reading books on my iPad.
Grateful to be up early to get back into work week routine—even if I don’t feel all that awake!
Grateful to get some good intel from the people at dinner last night (complicated but basically relates to the big lawsuit we are in at my job).
Grateful I have a new boss starting today. Primarily because this is one of the things I was waiting for in terms of finding a different role or leaving the agency altogether. I’m still giving myself until the summer but it’s starting to become more of a reality in my mind.
Grateful for a day to be kind and of service.
Grateful to go to sleep and wake up sober.
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

bah!

i was supposed to stop taking blood thinner friday night

remembered after taking the sunday morning one

i may not be able to get the IV Port put in today as a result

grateful to be able to accept the outcome