Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 94

Old 12-24-2019, 09:45 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Oh Rusty
Grateful for a pretty decent night's sleep.
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful to be trying to get in the mood for xmas eve at my sister's tonight. I just have to remember the grey rock method for my estranged sister who is making cioppino. Grateful I'll see my niece and nephews. The twins don't leave for CO until after xmas, I'm so happy I'll get to see them.
Wishing all of you a wonderful holiday season! All my love to each and everyone of you! ♥♥♥
Old 12-24-2019, 10:26 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
p***enger

Rusty, at least you're home.

Grateful to be home, and to be sitting in a patch of sunshine now.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:13 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that my brother took us to see "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood". What a good movie it is.

After the movie he took us to lunch at Panera Bread. Grateful for my brother.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:33 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Soberwolf - I'm impressed with your working out! Happy Christmas Eve to you too.
NewChapter - wish you a wonderful Christmas also. Not struggling - for which I'm beyond grateful - but I'll accept your hug anyway!
NL - what your son said about your dad was truly lovely. And poignant. I'm glad you got to pass that on to him. And if you've got to keep on telling him, so be it.
Fearless - I'd never heard of Posole before today but now I have and it sounds delicious but then again I can also always stand a decent pizza.
Rusty! The joys of some medications. That happened to a friend of mine but she was in a cab (say no more) so mercy be that you were at home!
Aly - you can do this. Just keep thinking grey rock!
least - I didn't know that movie at all. It sounds great. I will check it out.

Grateful I've already peeled the potatoes for tomorrow.
Grateful I've already cooked the ham for tomorrow.
Grateful it's too late to worry about whether I have enough of everything.
Thankful it's nearly over!
Grateful I've stocked up on soft drinks. For me. Everyone else will be on champagne or wine etc but that's OK. This is my problem and decision, not theirs. And I'm very grateful that they all understand and respect my choice.
Grateful to hear about all your plans and to feel such a strong sense of solidarity with you all.
Old 12-24-2019, 02:35 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Grateful to have a moment to tell you all how much I love being part of this group. It means so much.
Old 12-25-2019, 01:06 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for all of you

Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas, thank you for welcoming me into this wonderful gratpack 💜
Old 12-25-2019, 04:21 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

grateful to completely endorse what Hev and NewChapter have said.
Old 12-25-2019, 06:54 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

grateful to be able to cook christmas dinner

Old 12-25-2019, 07:51 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

This is my first time writing down what I am grateful for. I am grateful for the following:

1) To be alive
2) My family, for their unconditional love and support.
3) To have a roof over my head and have the financial means to pay for my Court fines
4) For this community in the forums--I know that I'm not alone in my addiction.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2019, 09:01 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Welcome aspiring writer. This is a good place for you to be. Praying this is a sober xmas for you.
Merry Christmas to my favorite people on my favorite thread. Have a blessed day! Grateful so much for all of you!
Old 12-25-2019, 09:25 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Welcome, aspiring writer!
Grateful for the smell of lavender candle, fire and the sound of crackles
Grateful for a wonderful Christmas morning and wishing each one of you a beautiful day ❤️🎄
Grateful for the gift of sobriety
Old 12-25-2019, 09:34 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for good dog walking weather today.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:08 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful for the Christmas feeling that all shall truly be well.
Old 12-26-2019, 12:57 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Do your best

Grateful for how much genuine happiness I felt reading all your posts guys after this I'm heading back to bed

Not like me at all but I'm smiling cheekily about it it is boxing day after all and there is a LOT of food to go through and I've been intermittent fasting quite a bit over the last 48h so cannot wait for that but for now I sleep xxxx
Old 12-26-2019, 03:37 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Just wanted to add my welcome, aspiring writer. You are definitely not alone in your addiction.
Grateful for a sober Boxing Day morning. Envy you the lavender candle and fire, Fearless. A cosy fire is not within my reach but I should have stocked up on nice candles.
Soberwolf - good decision! I wouldn't mind heading back to bed but family duty calls. Until later.
least - I hope you and billie had a great Christmas walk.
Aly - grey stone stance? Needed or not needed? In any event, I hope you are very well.
Rusty - I hope you'll be behind the drums sometime soon. And that your Christmas dinner went down a storm.
Hi Hev, Courage, NewChapter, NL, Ananya, Daisy, Mags, Deserto, Austerities, ImValentine, FBL, Nerferkamichael and all other posters to the morning Grat pack in the last six months. What a huge help you have all been to me. I am very grateful to you all.
Old 12-26-2019, 04:07 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Do your best

That's the beauty of today I'm alone again for most of it but I really don't mind I've had worse I've had great christmas's in fact the last two christmas's have been spent home aone on those days I'm a true Kevin McCalister

What with not having a blood family no more I always have the last 3 members of my adopted family so there is 5 if you include glen lol were a right old bunch always have been I think we both get our strength from our mothers

Was going to get up and do weights but it's pretty cold so put on the heating closed my window and dare I say it I'm going back to bed I'm laughing about the freedom of doing this because I know I really do know the future has plans for me lol

Big love everyone .. is the glass half full or half empty 1. I'm not looking a glass 2. I don't care especially anything to do with glasses and thier contents thank you very much lol
Old 12-26-2019, 04:39 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

drums friday night rose

grateful for a nice christmas

grateful to be getting mondays CT scan results today

more grateful to accept whatever they say
Old 12-26-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to spend some quality time with my Mom and grateful that she is healing, slowly but surely.

Grateful to have lunch with my beautiful recovery friend, Liz. She now has two years sober and has completely turned her life around (photo of us below):

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Welcome aspiring writer!

Grateful for this thread and to come catch up on the grats I missed yesterday (kids woke up around 6; I was already awake but furiously trying to download pictures for a gift for my mom and I just never got a chance to check in).
Grateful I won a hydro flask coffee mug in our family White Elephant, along with some coffee beans — which was perfect because we were out.
Grateful to embrace Christmas as an adult—I unwrapped just a few gifts, half of which were things I picked out myself. And then my Xmas gift to my self will be buying a belt and maybe some shoes. Ahh, the magic!
Grateful my mom noticed that the kids’ gifts were a blend of toys as well as more meaningful things and complimented me.
Grateful for family and extended family. There is one woman in particular who experienced a grave loss of her own and she is always there to listen and give really meaningful long hugs. I notice that she also doesn’t seem to drink which I like as well. It’s been interesting after my brother died. There are people who generally have experienced a loss themselves who are just down to grieve and confront whatever difficult stuff you may be feeling or wanting to say. It’s hard to explain but I’m glad those people are out there and I wish I could be more like one.
Grateful that we made time to go to my brother’s grave. I wanted on some level to just ditch all our Christmas traditions and show up at a homeless shelter and hand out gift cards or something — but instead I just ended up buying a bunch of peanut butter, beef jerky and umbrellas because that’s what our friend who volunteers there said people need. And then my mom just dropped it off for this friend to take down where he works. And that was it. So I guess I’ll have to keep trying to find what our tradition may be going forward in his memory. Hopefully soon he’ll have a proper headstone and maybe a bench so we can decorate that. I guess it’s normal that it would take a while to find our footing.
Grateful to feel refreshed and not hungover today. There was quite a bit of imbibing yesterday. Glad I wasn’t among those who partook.
Grateful for my grandma. We called her yesterday and like she just knew me on some other plane she asked me if I was still not drinking and told me how proud she was of me, and how hard it had to be around so many people who were drinking. It’s like she read my mind and it made me so grateful for her, and to hope that I could ever be as comforting and kind to others as she always is.
Grateful for time away from work.
Grateful on my fruitless quest to find coffee yesterday and take the kids to run around we just happened to drive by childhood best friend’s grandmother’s house and see a bunch of cars, which is how I realized she is also in town and we get to meet up later and get our boys together.
Grateful for the chance to take from my experience the chance to be more like the people who build me up — and to try and offer kindness more than to focus on what kindnesses are being offered to me.
Grateful i didn’t drink. I am sad to say that if I hadn’t booked a spa day in honor of my 2 year soberversary, for which I would have felt unworthy had I drank, there is a good chance I would have drunk booze this trip. Grateful that I didn’t. Grateful that I am realizing I can’t be on auto pilot in this season of change.
Grateful to come here and know y’all will be supportive and uplifting. Thank you for being such special souls.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:36 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.