Notices

A distant friend, helped more, than most...

Old 01-04-2020, 11:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question A distant friend, helped more, than most...

So I went thruogh some major ugly **** with mom passing last year...

This forum did a wellness check.,... kind of ugly...

One person, has never called the cops on me, and has listened to my ramblings...

this person also works in mental health... but we are friends on FB... I know this person thru another friend.

Over the past year... this person has allowed me to vent, speak my mind, and be painfully honest...

This xmas was especially ugly for me...I slept through most of it. Right up to the new year...

Anyways, I just wanted to share this... and ask a question...

would it be 'wrong' of me, to send this person a $1000 cashiers check.. ?

Of all the people around me... this person.. let me vent, let me speak, honestly... and helped me out. they are like a friend of a friend... but have helped me immensly...
Old 01-04-2020, 11:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

On one hand, I am unsure if they would accept it... given how they are... on the other, I am not sure how else to express my gratitude? I have said thank you 100x over
Old 01-07-2020, 12:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

I don't have advice for said gift Meatball I just wanted to post because your post moved me normally as a rule I don't read other people's gratitude but felt pulled towards yours and after reading it I think it reminded me of what that feeling your feeling feels like .. pretty good

I remember a friend once saying to me show them through your sobriety and remember not everyone is ready to forgive at first .. everything takes time

Not sure if you have asked Dee74 about help with making a plan the guy has some pretty awesome tools that will really strengthen your recovery

Sorry for going on but keep on keeping on Meatball

In this together
Old 01-07-2020, 10:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

For some reason this just popped into my head it's so obvious but I was knackered last night ...

The person who helped you Meatball helped you because they care don't need full details to see that clearly, I'd advise against gift/payment of any kind as it might even insult them in the sense that they genuinely just wanted to help you out .. to whoever that person is your welfare safety and most importantly your recovery will be the most valuable gift I could ever think of
Old 01-10-2020, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I wouldn't give money either. I think it would reduce the friendship. Money is so, ummm, not friendly.

Maybe a beautiful plant? Flowers?
Old 01-10-2020, 08:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Definitely something heartfelt would be great Meatball. Maybe you can get tickets for the two of you to go to a sporting event, or something else. I also think writing a note letting this person know how much it meant would be a good thing.