Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 94

Old 12-10-2019, 08:59 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful to post here at 11:59 p.m.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:32 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Grateful to grab this chance to quickly catch up with your posts and to check in.

Fearless, well done on finding some humour in the situation with your dad. Very necessary, in fact, essential. Hope he settles in well.

Hev, I hope both of the dreaded appointments are now in the bag.

ImValentine, with you on two year olds being a handful, as well as a joy. I do not envy you that very early start to your day. Glad you both got some sleep again afterwards.

Grateful to have had dinner with two good friends yesterday, one of whom is a non drinker and has been for at least thirty years. I don't generally find not drinking in restaurants a challenge but that does just make it a tiny bit easier. We were in a restaurant the west end and it was absolutely heaving with Christmas party events etc. Lot of festive drinking going on.
Thankful to have had an ok night's sleep, having reverted to my old habit of not sleeping at all well just when I thought I'd cracked it. I was wrong!
Grateful to announce that today sees the last organised toddler activity of the year for me. No more sleeping bunnies, jumping, hopping or bashing tambourines until next year. And (quick drum roll, where's Rusty when I need him?) no more toddler swimming lessons! Still, all to look forward to in the new year.
Grateful to be sober. I wish everyone the best day.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:23 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Grateful Mags has gotten to the point she has gotten to .
Grateful it’s always better late than never here in this “morning” thread and folks come by when they can.
Grateful for my silly little cat’s desire to mess with everything and his little noises. (Grateful for one of those goofy things I saw online in this regard. It was a little meme or whatever about someone going in for a job interview at a pet store and the boss said said they need a true cat person, so the person pushed all the papers off the boss’s desk and got the job).
Grateful to Daisy for mentioning NZ. I had not heard a thing. (I’ve also never heard of Knives Out so you can kind of see where I am in terms of keeping up on current info).
Grateful to get a smile from Rose’s description of the toddler activities.
Grateful Fearless is there for her dad, hard as that may be.
Grateful for more Thai food last night.
Grateful my brother’s death has changed Xmas for me — both in terrible sad ways but also positive in shifting focus to trying to do something meaningful. Not sure yet what that will be but will probably involve a homeless shelter up in our hometown.
Grateful to be up nice and early after going to bed super early again.
Grateful for this group.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Grateful to all of you
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful to know that ‘this too shall pass’.

I apologise for my absence and the brevity of my posts of late - things are a little crazy here at the moment. Hoping to catch my metaphorical breath by next week to return to more consistent posting to address all of your posts as I would like. 💜
Old 12-11-2019, 05:23 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

grateful for all of you!
Old 12-11-2019, 09:42 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Grateful I found out that someone has charged $1,100 fraudulently to buy a Mac on my debit/credit card on Amazon. Amazon is being extremely unhelpful about this. I haven't charged anything on Amazon in at least 6+ months and I have 5 accounts, a little worrisome. Hopeful that after they get a hold of me when I get home from my ARF shift and I have to jump through a billion hoops. They bought a new Mac. I don't even have a Mac or a new computer!
Grateful to hopefully get this issue fixed by the time I get home from my shift.
Grateful to be going to my shift to get my mind off of it.
Grateful for blood pressure pills. Lol.
Grateful for all of you so very much. Sorry about the moaning. I am just so scared about being hacked. They say the man who is in charge of the FBI won't do anything to do with money on his computer. That should tell us something.
Have a great day all! Love and peace to all of us today! ♥♥♥
Old 12-11-2019, 10:22 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Billie's sweet face is the first thing I see when I wake up.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:18 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aly, I hope Amazon resolve this fraud. Amazon know where it’s gone and who it’s posted to hopefully..
Old 12-11-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - I'm so sorry that happened to you. Hoping for a quick fix to ease your mind.
NewChapter - Always happy to see you, however brief the post.
Numblady - 'Better late than never' for our thread - thanks for saying that, as it is now late afternoon.
Focusing on doing something meaningful - I'm in. Grateful for your perspective.
Rose - Nice to have a break from the little dears. Especially the swimming lessons. Not for the faint of heart.
Mags - I'm wanting to see Knives Out too.
I'm with you on taking a long time to become settled. Looking back, it appears I was my own worst enemy.
Grateful I'm becoming a bit more thick skinned & less defensive. Took ages.
Grateful to chase sad thoughts away most of the time.
Grateful for sun & blue sky.
Grateful to know SR is 'open' 24/7.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:37 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hev, it is always great to see you, no matter what the time is!
All my love to one special lady! ♥♥♥
Old 12-11-2019, 05:19 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful, that's enough for now.

I hope you get things worked out, Aly.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:50 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Will be posting properly later because I've got to get going quickly this morning but just wanted my Grat fix before I went and I wanted to say, Aly, that I hope Amazon sort things out soon. Horrible shock when something like that happens. I'm sure they will. Anyway, will catch up later and meantime I remain very grateful for being sober!
Old 12-12-2019, 12:01 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful Aly is aware if this fraud and can hopefully get fraud squad involved.
Grateful I’m sober
Grateful for all of you
Grateful I’m in the warm.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:31 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober.
Grateful to all of you
Old 12-12-2019, 03:30 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that Mom got her stitches removed and her leg seems to be healing nicely.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:12 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Aly, what a pain!! I have a definite love-hate relationship with Amazon. Sure hope they get it sorted—and quickly!

Grateful our new boss seems to want to listen to people. All people. Not just the ones who talk the most and the loudest.
Grateful to sleep in some (even it means no workout and even though I’m still really tired).
Grateful my folks made it home safe, sound and with minimal travel stress.
Grateful for central heating and a stack of warm blankets.
Grateful to be focusing on trying to give more memories/experiences than things this year (emphasis on trying; it’s a work in progress!))
Grateful for leftovers.
Grateful that one of my boss’ questions for everyone has been what their favorite drink is—and now I can say genuinely that it’s water or coffee for me.
Grateful for this space to hold one another up.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful to have heard the alarm.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:36 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Grateful for Mags and everyone here who has become a better person through sobriety
Grateful Rose is out of the pool for now and has more time to herself too
Grateful Numblady is continuing to find meaning and purpose through the loss of her brother
Grateful for all the hardships I’ve experienced in life that have helped me give back in ways I probably never would have
Aly, very sorry you have to deal with that situation. The fraud is bad enough. But anything involving Amazon can be such a pain. For years I couldn’t quite figure out how to contact them. I finally kept this number one time - 1-866-216-1072. I hope that can help you!
Grateful to wake up well rested and a little early. I’m already an early riser but even 30 min earlier is better. Gives me more time. Hubby is now taking a new earlier bus so he can also get home earlier, which also means he can spend more time with family and help more too
Grateful to get back to family Survivor night last night
Grateful to set up an F jar. I’ve had a little problem with F bombs lately. I may need to re-think the system though because sonny boy convinced me to let him have the proceeds. I believe he may even be pushing my buttons to get me to say it. Somehow this just doesn’t feel right grateful Im working on saying fork it or something else
Grateful for each of you.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

grateful for no glitches at chemo yesterday

grateful for shrimp scampi last night

and grateful to be going to play with the rock band tonight