Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 94

Old 12-30-2019, 10:17 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober! Grateful for a long walk with Billie. Grateful to be a member of the Grat Pack.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:02 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful for the last piece of pecan pie.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:19 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Extremely grateful to have a moment to log on! It’s been almost impossible and now I’m using my phone which I’m not good at for this purpose so I could produce any old rubbish.

Very cold and snowy here, very beautiful and very full on. Granddaughter thrilled to see me - that was nice - but therefore a very, very constant companion.

I loved catching up on your posts. Frustratingly I can’t answer individually because I’ve no idea how to go back and read again without losing my post. So I’ll just have to say an early new year to everyone and take take the opportunity to say again - but then i don’t mind saying it endlessly - how much I appreciate being part of this wonderful thread. And I can remember some posts. Rusty - so pleased to hear your very good news about your ‘shrinkage’. Long may that continue. And I identified with what you said about emotions and mixed signals, FBL. I have a tendency towards that. And I’m definitely with the move towards adopting a healthy eating routine. Just not quite yet.

I am very grateful for the changes the last six months (starting on 22nd June) have brought in my life in so many ways and I am extremely thankful to each and every one of the Morning Grat Pack for such support and solidarity. Back at the weekend and look forward to posting properly again.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:41 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Grateful to have gotten up and about and to have walked in the neighborhood with spouse and pup yesterday; fresh air and mild temps make such a difference. What a boost to the spirit.
Grateful to get going on getting organized and mostly and very simply just to be working on a new plan, a new approach for when I return to work next week.
Grateful for Tuesday and all it will bring.
Grateful for getting to bed early and waking early, feeling motivated and fairly positive.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:25 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful Aly posted that long term Pittie has been adopted...my heart soars at this wonderful news.
Grateful for another sober day, like Daisy, I never tire of it.
Grateful I’m inside with a cup of coffee. Though all this talk of tea is getting me hankering after some good Yorkshire builders tea. (Strong)
Grateful FBL is back to reality.
Grateful for all of you and your words of wisdom and daily experiences.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:36 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Do your best

Grateful for not just the end of the year but the decade and everything in-between
Old 12-31-2019, 03:40 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to reflect on 2019 and a full decade of recovery. It's the first decade since the 1970s that I didn't get drunk once!!!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:49 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up sober on new years eve.
Grateful to be able to drive Mr D.B to work early this morning.
Grateful he took 2 bags of rubbish to dispose of in his works skip.
Grateful to give my mum a lift to town.
Grateful to drop some groceries off at her house.
Grateful the sun is shining even though the air feels very damp.
Grateful I have no plans for tonight other than staying home and chilling.
Grateful to have done the laundry.
Grateful to sit down with a coffee and read and post here.
Grateful Numblady has bought herself a new black belt, good on you N.L, you deserve it. xx
Grateful NewChapter has a well deserved break over the holiday period.
Grateful that one of Aly's pittie friends got adopted. I hope he has found his forever home, bless him.
Grateful for Hevyn's fabulous sense of humour.
Grateful to see Rose posting, I've missed you Rose. Have a wonderful new year and I look forward to when you're back posting daily. xx
Grateful Mags has the same taste in tea that I do, Yorkshire tea, good and strong. x
Grateful FBL has a full decade of sobriety. That is just so fabulous and so very inspiring.
Grateful for the love, laughter, empathy and support given in this thread.
Grateful to travelling this journey with each and every one of you.
Thank you and love always.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:01 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Hev, you are too hard on yourself. Big hug from me!

Grateful FBL’s a role model for all kind of stuff, including emotional awareness and decade-related math.
Grateful Rose was able to pop in and got that much typed from her phone. Of course grateful to all who post, too. And missing Deserto and hoping he’ll come back soon with his hilarity.
Grateful to talk through some stuff with my sister. I made a comment that she thought was a commentary on her drinking and then she was upset about it but didn’t talk to me about it.
Grateful change is coming at work as our new boss is going to move people around. Not necessarily in good ways. But it will allow me to decide if I want to stay there in any role.
Grateful I got to go to bed exactly when I wanted last night because no children were here.
Grateful both kids have sleepovers tonight even though I probably won’t get to go to bed when I want because we’re going to a party.
Grateful for hot showers.
Grateful for everyone here.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:27 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Grateful to you all 💜
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for a fresh year and a fresh decade ahead.
Grateful to be alive and healthy.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:12 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Grateful Courage got the last piece of pie
grateful Daisy is staying home tonight with no big plans. I’m slightly jealous. While I am staying home too, I’m doing all the cooking for 8 guests. Husband is at work today but he is going to make his famous Brussels sprouts as a side dish. I’m a bit nervous because I’m making a brisket and scalloped potatoes for the first time, and I started googling recipes and they are all different so trying to decide. I think I will improvise and develop my own creations! There’s always Whole Foods as a back-up plan
grateful Aly’s pittie got adopted! Aly, I am hoping your friend comes back
Hev, I’m with you on not trying on anything new till next month
Rose, good to see you. I am challenged sometimes with websites too. For example, with SR sometimes the site randomly reverts to a different format on my iPad, like this morning. This one doesn’t show the “thanks” button, which for some reason drives me crazy. It also doesn’t automatically capitalize the first letter of the next line. There are some other issues, like I can’t scroll up to refresh on others posts while I am in the reply area. I can’t find visitor messages (not that I get a lot). I just realized that whole paragraph sounds like a complaint which I don’t intend at all. I really am grateful for technology despite the sometimes pitfalls.
grateful that Anaya and NCJ have new plans. Thank you for prompting me to reflect on what mine will be for the new year. I’m not going to call then new year resolutions. But I’m going to spend time thinking about self improvement. I definitely need to try to slow down. I need to get back to self care. I might try to train for another marathon. We will see
Numblady, I already forgot . I am grateful for you
missing Deserto and his humor too. Come back soon!
fbl, I do that with false narratives too. Something to work on in the new year for me
grateful for all the long timers here- Mags, least, FBL, Rusty, Aly and everyone else
grateful for our friendship and shared journey together!
Happy new year grat pack!
Old 12-31-2019, 07:24 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

mmmmmmmm, pecan pie!

i used to ride around with a peecan! lol

grateful i can laugh at those memories
Old 12-31-2019, 07:42 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
he is going to make his famous Brussels sprouts as a side dish
I got infatuated with roasted brussels sprouts this year.

Grateful that my taste buds are growing back. I thought the gin had burned them out.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:42 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober on the last day of the decade. Grateful for all my blessings.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:41 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

I think at the end of the year I will be grateful for 22 1/2 months of sobriety. I'm not so good at keeping track of these things. I know Daisy is right behind me, so grateful for both of our sober time. For me, that's a big one, even though I am not the greatest at keeping track, close to two years, but tried for continual sobriety for so long. Very grateful for all the help I get here talking with people who don't drink is becoming more of my normal anymore and I never thought I'd say that!
Grateful to be getting a mani/pedi today that my mom is treating me to. She's big on that stuff, getting nails done, etc. Me, not so much. With horses, I was always in boots, which can be hard on your feet and my nails, well, sometimes they got attention, sometimes not. I don't really like doing that stuff, but I endure some of it. LOL!!!
All my love to every person here and wishing you all a wonderful day. Boy, Daisy, you sure can pack a lot into a day. I wish I were as organized as you are!
Love and peace all!
Old 01-01-2020, 12:13 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for starting the new year sober
Grateful for the months turning to years for all my Grat friends.
Grateful to hear my cat purring away.
Grateful I’m inside in the warm.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:59 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Grateful for having no hangover on New Years day and grateful that I haven't upset anyone over the Christmas period with random drunken text messages.
Grateful for a New Year and a new decade, a whole new chance to get it right.
Grateful to be doing a buffet for my family today, I'll be even more grateful tonight when they've all gone home, lol.
Grateful that the sun is shining and it isn't too cold.
Grateful I have plenty of food in my cupboards.
Grateful Numblady managed to have a talk with her sister, talking is good.
Grateful Fearless is thinking about slowing down, you need to take good care of yourself my lovely friend, relaxing more will be good for you.
Grateful for Rusty's sense of humour.
Grateful, like Aly, that I am heading towards 2 yrs of sobriety, that will be in April but I'm closing in on 21 months on the 6th of Jan. Very grateful for that. I'm not big on looking after my nails and feet Aly, I should make more effort.
Grateful for everyone here.
I'm missing Deserto too, I hope all is well with him and look forward to seeing him here soon.
Grateful to be going into a new decade with the grat pack.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:14 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Do your best

For the start of a new decade wowzers
Old 01-01-2020, 03:37 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

To borrow a phrase from Zip...Grateful for a new year of sober adventures!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:27 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

To echo FBL and Zip, grateful to be embarking on another year and decade of sober adventures.
And to echo what Daisy so glad I don’t have to run through the events of the evening to think through whether I said or did anything stupid. Or at least, not anything stupid because of the drink (I still do more than my fair share of stupid things).
Grateful I took some time last night and even did my hair to go out. Can’t remember the last time I did that.
Grateful for the potluck we are having today, though I gotta bounce to go cook for it!
Grateful for black eyed peas.
Grateful for my big cat watching me type and watching the screen change like it’s something he wants to chase or eat.
Grateful for the silly little noise my little cat makes when light glints off of the screen of a phone or ipad,.
Grateful for all of you. I hit two years tomorrow, and to echo Aly, I don’t think I’d be there without your support.