Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 92

Old 10-08-2019, 07:59 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Grateful to have slept in my own bed last night.

Grateful to be greeted so lovingly (and then reproachfully) by Henry when I got home.

Numblady -- what a wonderful story about your cat! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:45 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Daisy, I hope your husband is ok, I just hope your husband is on the mend and not doing too badly. That sounds pretty awful. Just make sure nothing gets infected. xxxooo
Grateful for this wonderful group of people who help support each other through this life, sober. I can't tell you how many times I've thought about how I just stumbled on SR, something tells me I didn't just stumble here, ya know.
Rusty, truly nice thing to do. Hope you're feeling ok. ♥
Love and peace to you all and I hope you have a great day! ♥♥♥
Old 10-08-2019, 09:47 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Rose - Our thread isn't just about support for alcoholism - so true.
I'm grateful to be retired too - no particular schedule to follow for the first time in our lives.
Deserto - Henry forgot himself there for a minute. Then the kitty 'tude kicked in.
Fearless - I slept well too for a change - no 3am wake up with horrible thoughts. I need to cut back on coffee too - just finishing my 4th cup now - so thanks for the reminder.
Numblady - I commend you & your family for taking on such an unexpected responsibility! Lucky kitty to have you angels looking out for him.
Grateful for crisp air & sunshine.
Grateful for the energy that comes with a decent night's sleep.
Grateful for our little family here.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:48 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - I'm certain that I didn't just stumble here either....
Old 10-08-2019, 11:11 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful that this stumble-bum got smart feet.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:42 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Grateful for sleeping relatively well
Grateful for dawn
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for helpful people
Old 10-08-2019, 09:55 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
nez

Grateful for another opportunity to try and reach my full potential.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:56 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Daisy, hope all is ok with Mr. DB
Grateful to be here.
Grateful for minor victories.
Grateful for night owls on the team to field later emails.
Grateful we have early birds and night owls to round things out.
Grateful we should find out who our new boss is very soon, probably today.
Grateful we all found our way here.
Grateful to have the energy and bandwidth to make the kids lunches, including a silly attempt at apple slices, marshmallows and peanut butter made to look like a mouth.
Grateful to be here. (Ha guess I really meant that one since I wrote it twice ;0 )
Old 10-09-2019, 04:01 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:36 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

grateful to be able to wiggle my toes
Old 10-09-2019, 06:03 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Numblady, thank you for sharing your story about your 3 legged cat, I love reading about it, he's quite a little warrior in his own rights. As for your curtains and chairs, you should see my 'new' stair carpet after us going on a weeks holiday and leaving my brother in charge.
I love your new perspective about seeing people in a different light, fabulous stuff.

Rose, I took voluntary redundancy 4 years ago to look after my dad, I don't miss work one single little bit.

Mr D.B is fine now thank you Aly, the police want him to go and identify the dog at some point, in all fairness the dog was only doing his duty trying to protect his home, the owner was the one in the wrong, he arranged for a delivery at 9 a.m and therefore should have made sure that the dog wasn't around, no warning signs about the dog anywhere and he didn't even care.

Rusty, that was a really kind thing to do.

Numblady, thank you for sharing your story about your 3 legged cat, I love reading about it, he's quite a little warrior in his own rights. As for your curtains and chairs, you should see my 'new' stair carpet after us going on a weeks holiday and leaving my brother in charge.
I love your new perspective about seeing people in a different light, fabulous stuff.

Rose, I took early retirement 4 years ago to look after my dad and I don't miss work one single little bit, I don't even miss the people, most of them anyway.

Grateful for another sober day.
Grateful to get the g.kiddo's safely to school.
Grateful to notice that it's just starting pouring down and get my washing in quickly.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for my little cat.
Grateful I found the 'Grat Pack' and I don't think I just stumbled here by chance either.
Grateful for each and every one of you. xx
Old 10-09-2019, 07:31 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Grateful for this thread, all of you and my SR class family.
Grateful for a successful client visit and the opportunity to travel and see new places through my work.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:27 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful for warmth and light.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:58 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Daisy, I'm so sorry and then to have him act that way. What a horrible dog owner. I'm sorry for that and the drama that goes with it. That's why I love it here, nice people. We don't always get that on the outside. Thinking of you, my lovely. ♥
Grateful to be going to the Who tonight. I'm hoping they leave the energy on, we have to go through the tunnel and they've been talking about closing it. Well, hopefully it won't be that bad. I guess the North bay is having it's electricity off due to fire hazards, but people are not pleased.
Grateful my sister is being so cute about the concert. She wants me to come over early to "get ready". She has outfits picked out for me and she wants to put false eyelashes on me. I'm chuckling as I write. I just hope we can get there with all these power outages.
Have a great day. Love to you all. ♥♥♥
Old 10-09-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Numb - Hoping new boss is worthy of your company.
Aly - I hope you & sis have the most wonderful time.
Daisy - I'm very thankful MrDB wasn't badly injured - what a shock that was for him.
Zip - Grateful for your wiggly toes & you.
Grateful for the bonus lovely, warm weather before all he** breaks loose.
Grateful to be able to talk myself out of being grumpy.
Grateful for sleeping well 2 nights in a row .
Grateful for hope and optimism.
Love you, Pack.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:30 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Grateful for each of you. Though I have to confess I’m a little jealous of the retirees here. You seem to be the majority
Daisy, glad Mr DB is ok. With all the dog attack stories I’ve heard over the years, I’m sometimes afraid of big dogs, mainly pit bulls, now. I know that’s not fair though. It’s usually the owners fault.
The lunch story made me smile, Numblady. I tried to do cute things like that. My son asked me not to because it’s embarrassing. Lol.
Rose, how are you?

Grateful my son is trying to teach me how to be hip (or at least not weird). He told me I shouldn’t say “true that” anymore because it’s a phrase from last year and it’s outdated, just makes me look off
Grateful to finally check in. Been a busy day. Grateful for power. Not specifically on the shutoff grid currently, but could change. Lots of coworkers and some clients affected, and apparently the internet/WiFi connection is being slowed down because of all this. Aly, have fun at The Who. Not sure if tunnel open or closed at this point. Be careful
Grateful to feel empowered at work
Grateful that a client is relocating headquarters to Texas near where my Dad lives, so I’ll be able to see him more often when I go there for meetings.

Last edited by Fearlessat50; 10-09-2019 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 10-09-2019, 11:58 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Missed posting yesterday because I was up very early and back in vey late. Needless to say, Aly, that wasn't because I was seeing the Who or indeed anything of the kind. Love the idea of you wearing false eyelashes. That takes me back. Those were the days!

Rusty - yesterday being Wednesday I hope everything went OK.

Numblady, what a moving story about your 3-legged kitty. You (we) are to be admired for the ways in which we kept things going in our non-glory days of
drinking. If only we'd realised then how much better the alternative was.

Fearless, you are right it is great to be retired although obviously it would be a deal better if we could knock of a few years at the same time. If your son wants a completely unhip person to build on his experience of helping the afflicted to sound less weird, btw, I'm your woman!

Daisy - your poor husband! So glad he is OK.

Grateful to recognise as someone said (Numblady?)) that people can be complex and not always as they seem and I could do well not to judge on first impressions and/or to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Thankful to be sober and, whilst it's early days, to be reasonably free of any unwanted AV suggestions. Having said that, I had a conversation with my son yesterday about being a parent and trying to get to right. In passing I said I wished I hadn't drunk so much when he was young. He was quite emphatic that he had no memory at all of me being a drinker or of alcohol impinging on his childhood and that I needed to relax about it. Quite reassuring in one way but would you believe (I know you would) that I later found myself thinking 'oh that's OK then I probably did exaggerate and I could have a drink if I wanted to'.! I've totally scotched that thought - apt word there - but it just served to remind me how close the brink always is.
Thankful for a not too bad night's sleep
Thankful I just managed an early morning walk that included uphill walking. Bit strenuous to say the least. I know they say what doesn't kill you does you good but really...

Hope everyone has a good Thursday. And if nothing elseit brings the prospect of the weekend closer.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:34 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for all of you.
Grateful that next week will be a little less packed so will hopefully give me time to catch up on backlog and re-establish daily routines.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:40 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.