Notices

The feeling of excitement!

Old 10-29-2019, 01:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cman

The feeling of excitement!

Today I'm greatful for feeling excited about life.

I had my last binge almost three weeks back and have had a genuine mindshift change since it. Around this time, I usually start thinking about when it would be acceptable to have my next binge. Not this time. I'm happily able to state confidently to friends that I'm sill joining them on Sunday (my friends bday, who's quite the party animal), but that I won't be drinking, and that I'll enjoy the fun for a few hours and head off a little earlier than usual. They were super chilled about it and even very supportive of my decision (which is a litmus test for decent friends!).

If I had planned on drinking I would have spent my Monday (and possibly Tuesday and Wednesday) feeling the after-effects, and not being productive in any way, shape or form. So, instead, I'm allowing myself the Monday off to go do something nice for myself and my girlfriend! All in all, it's gonna cost me less money, time and productivity and I'll get to have a nice evening on Sunday and a great day on Monday going for a hike and getting some food in the evening or something similar!

I feel that its imortant to replace that 'outlet' that I've been using booze for with something else that is fulfilling and nourishing for the mind and body. Looking forward to it, hope you all have something nice planned for yourselves in the coming week too!

Take care,

Cman!

Last edited by Cman; 10-29-2019 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Froze before I could finish the post.