Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 92

Old 10-04-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

grateful to say "yes! yes!"
Old 10-04-2019, 05:54 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Grateful to learn something new about this site. So if you start to draft a post, then you turn the page (so you don’t miss anyone else’s comments), you cannot go back folks. No you cannot. You will lose your draft. Oh well. I had started responses to each of you . The one thing I will re-write is that I miss HEV! Hope she is well and comes back soon. I remember she was going away for her FIL memorial. It seems like ages ago
Grateful for the reminder that drinking and driving news stories give us. A 37 year old gal was drunk going the wrong way on the freeway and killed three people in a cab likely coming back from the airport, and herself. So sad and horrific
Grateful that I will be using the serenity and sick man prayers over work matters today. I have a crazy and overdemanding client who is bugging the crap out of me. I believe I’ve posted my thoughts about this client before. Grateful that most of my clients are great to work with, as well as for an overall awesome internal team
Grateful for each of you!
Old 10-04-2019, 07:00 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to finally get some good news on the eye front. The drops are doing their job! The swelling is way down and my pressure is normal. Another 7 weeks of the drops and hopefully more healing. Grateful for the patience I've learned this past year.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:05 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Grateful for a moment of peace before I start on my to do list
Old 10-04-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful for autonomy and determined not to lose it.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:05 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

I miss Hev too. I hope all is well, my love. We are all thinking of you, my lovely one. ♥
Grateful for my shift at ARF this afternoon. I really love volunteering there.
Grateful for all of you and have a wonderful rest of the day. I can't even begin to tell you how much you all mean to me. ♥♥♥
Old 10-04-2019, 12:48 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Magsie

Fearless, how sad and tragic about the drink driving news. Devastating and so grateful we don’t drink anymore.

FBL, I’m pleased it’s good news with your eye.

Aly, I’m pleased your shift at ARF went well. I think they’ll be so happy to have you in their team. You’re a star. xx
Old 10-04-2019, 01:37 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that FBL got good news from his eye doctor.

Grateful for all that I learn here every day.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you for missing me! How special to read that. It means so much to know that we matter to each other.
I am so glad to be back from father-in-law's funeral - happy he has been set free.
I'll have to take some time to catch up - I missed all the wonderful grats.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:17 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you Hev, you’ve been missed love. xx

Grateful I have SR to come to and meet incredible people, not just going through their daily lives but all akin in the knowledge why we are here.
Grateful for being sober
Grateful for a quiet early morning.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:53 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Grateful to have had a lovely visit to Austin. Grateful a colleague of mine was unexpectedly at the conference as well and to have a buddy to hang out with. (Numblady, thank you for the offer of recommendations -- unfortunately I did not see that until now.)

Grateful to have had a safe flight this afternoon to Long Beach, where I'm spending the weekend (here and in San Diego). Deserto was born a travelin' man.

Grateful to travel sober. Time was I'd have taken full advantage of Austin's endless bars. There was a time for that but it's long past. Grateful for that.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:44 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful Deserto's having fun traveling.

This early morning I am grateful for the wonder of the internet. Grateful to the friends I've made and all I've learned from it. I wrote this haiku once a while back and think it fits.

over fast-moving river
of information.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:58 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Had to miss a couple of days because suddenly everything got a bit busy here but now it's Saturday and it's all got a bit quieter which is a relief (and for which I am extremely grateful). Great to catch up on everyone's news and very nice to see our group has expanded a little.

Healthwise, I'm really glad your eyes finally seem to be getting better, FBL, and that you're managing the chemo with aplomb, Rusty. And emotional healthwise, so pleased your FiL's funeral went as well as it could, Hev.

That's an impressive sum your ARF has raised, Aly.

Deserto, your travels sound fab.

The posts about the physical and emotional devastation drinking has caused both in our immediate personal lives, and in the case of that 37 year old driver, in a far wider context further testified for me - as if I needed any further testimony - how low drinking can bring us. Made me reflect on my own inglorious moments.

Grateful my drinking is a thing of the past.
Grateful to have a day off.
Grateful to have managed to get out and enjoy a bit of the city without a pushchair! On the one good day we had weatherwise, we walked through the parks to Trafalgar Square and visited a couple of galleries. In one exhibition they had something they called 'talking points' for most of the pictures which basically told you what to look for in the picture and what made it special etc. Very useful idea for the likes of me!
Thankful the eye shadow I ordered online has turned out to be exactly the right colour. I know. Trivial! But I invite you to share my joy in that discovery. Not thankful to discover it's now discontinued, however, so my joy will be short lived.
Really enjoying seeing autumn leaves and colours through the eyes of a two year old. So grateful to have the luxury of having a really close relationship with this little girl. And I just know it wil be down to me when she grows up to be an Olympic swimmer!
And finally thankful and grateful as always to be communicating with all you lovely people. Here's to a good weekend all round.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:05 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for all of you.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:17 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

FBL, I’m glad the situation is improving and I admire your patience.
Fearless, major bummer on the post loss! I love your posts.
Rose, it does sound like you are pretty much single handedly responsible for this particular toddler’s Olympic hopes. Good on you!
Hev, glad to have you back safe and sound.
Deserto, I should have PM’ed you! Sorry about that. Fortunately Austin has a lot of options so I’m going to guess you managed to see some cool stuff and eat some good food (at least, I sure hope you did because if not then I’m REALLY going to feel guilty )
And hi to everyone else!

Grateful I’m actually getting out on my bike today.
Grateful today and tomorrow are supposedly the last days before the heat breaks some.
Grateful for good yoga mats.
Grateful to be reminded of the tragedy alcohol can bring. In my job (social services) I read and hear some pretty gruesome stuff about parents whose children suffer the consequences of alcoholism (houses lit on fire, cars driven into railroad crossings, etc.) and of course the deleterious effects of parents using other drugs. I hope to help keep more people off that path somehow.
Grateful my daughter and I went shopping last night. Just because I needed to get some stuff for a silent auction. It was not all that long ago that driving and doing something non-drinking-related would have been unthinkable on a Friday evening.
Grateful and also a little dismayed at the proliferation of fall themed items (that’s the theme of our team silent auction basket). What a society we live in where people have multiple showers and even change shower curtains based on the season!
Grateful for coffee so much.
Grateful for poetry and haiku (thanks Least!).
Grateful that one thing that has come out of my brother’s death is I talk to my family a lot more.
Grateful for all of you and your grats!
Old 10-05-2019, 05:21 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Just a quick one today as I've got loads today. I have read all your posts and I love you all. xx

F.B.L so pleased about your eyes.

Hevyn, it's lovely to have you back.

Grateful to be sober and present.
Grateful to be able to give my mum and her friend a lift to the station to catch a coach for a day trip first thing this morning,
Grateful to get my grocery shopping done and put away ( I hate shopping!)
Grateful to get some washing pegged out.
Grateful to have emptied 'that' cupboard under the sink and cleaned it out.
Grateful to have some celery soup simmering in my soup maker.
Grateful to feel in a productive mood ( should I rephrase that??)
Grateful to have time to fit a quick post in here.
Grateful to be on this journey with you all by my side.

Love always. xx
Old 10-05-2019, 06:43 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

good news on the peepers fbl

welcome home hev!

grateful to get to the food store last night and do a little shopping
Old 10-05-2019, 08:03 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
"yes! yes!"
More beautiful words never spoken -- words of passionate surrender.

Grateful for a layup harbor.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:16 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm a bit busy but wanted to stop in and say I'm happy you are all here. Should be back to normal soon.
Fearless - Terrifying to think of that accident - & I was once capable of such reckless behavior.
Aly - I'm glad you're sticking with the volunteering even though it's been challenging at times.
Rose - Eyeshadow is not trivial. I use a sort of neutral tan & it helps with the 'puffies'.
Zip - I'm so proud of you - and love you so much.
Daisy - "That" cupboard in my house has been neglected for 5 yrs. Goodness knows what lurks down there. Dark & yucky.
Numblady - Your profession - not for the faint of heart - but thank heavens for your determination & compassion.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Grateful it's Saturday and I only slept in a little.
Grateful to go with my mom for the blessing of the animals and get Luke blessed very shortly.
Rusty I am praying for you and I hope you are as well as can be expected. I hope the chemo isn't to rough. Love you my brave man! Take good care while you are going through this.
So glad to see my friend Hevyn back! ♥
Grateful I got through a not so good shift at ARF last night. Now I have to think about what I'm going to do about it.
Have a wonderful day, Grat Pack! ♥♥♥