View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 11:58 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Rose335

Missed posting yesterday because I was up very early and back in vey late. Needless to say, Aly, that wasn't because I was seeing the Who or indeed anything of the kind. Love the idea of you wearing false eyelashes. That takes me back. Those were the days!

Rusty - yesterday being Wednesday I hope everything went OK.

Numblady, what a moving story about your 3-legged kitty. You (we) are to be admired for the ways in which we kept things going in our non-glory days of
drinking. If only we'd realised then how much better the alternative was.

Fearless, you are right it is great to be retired although obviously it would be a deal better if we could knock of a few years at the same time. If your son wants a completely unhip person to build on his experience of helping the afflicted to sound less weird, btw, I'm your woman!

Daisy - your poor husband! So glad he is OK.

Grateful to recognise as someone said (Numblady?)) that people can be complex and not always as they seem and I could do well not to judge on first impressions and/or to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Thankful to be sober and, whilst it's early days, to be reasonably free of any unwanted AV suggestions. Having said that, I had a conversation with my son yesterday about being a parent and trying to get to right. In passing I said I wished I hadn't drunk so much when he was young. He was quite emphatic that he had no memory at all of me being a drinker or of alcohol impinging on his childhood and that I needed to relax about it. Quite reassuring in one way but would you believe (I know you would) that I later found myself thinking 'oh that's OK then I probably did exaggerate and I could have a drink if I wanted to'.! I've totally scotched that thought - apt word there - but it just served to remind me how close the brink always is.
Thankful for a not too bad night's sleep
Thankful I just managed an early morning walk that included uphill walking. Bit strenuous to say the least. I know they say what doesn't kill you does you good but really...

Hope everyone has a good Thursday. And if nothing elseit brings the prospect of the weekend closer.