Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 92

Old 09-22-2019, 12:41 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Fearless - your day ahead with your girlfriends sounds just the ticket. Genuine best friends who can suspend judgement to be with each other. That's worth having. Sounds like your son's early years weren't the easiest. I had a few friends back in the day when my own son was little who had quite a tough time in those early years but whose children are (mostly) reformed characters now!

Numblady - Actually I always loved Ruby Tuesday. Found it very poignant. A thousand years ago when a then teenage friend's mother died he kept playing Paint it Black so I can't hear that song now without thinking about him and that time. The power of music. So glad you're finding it's helping you through, a little bit.

Aly, hope you do have a somewhat easier day today.

Grateful to be sitting here in my own drinking tea and reflecting.
Thankful I did some (not very interesting) cooking yesterday so I don't have to go through that endless what shall we have for dinner this evening thing.
Grateful for the chance to do a bit of fairly mindless TV viewing last night. Bit of an indulgence.
Thankful and thrilled to see treble figures on the horizon re my period of sobriety. Will reach a hundred days before the end of September.
Grateful for an almost decent night's sleep. Wouldn't mind the same tonight.

And of course very thankful to be here with you all. Best from a slightly overcast definitely going to rain Sunday.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:51 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Magsie

Rose, your blackberry and marzipan pastry sounds scrumptious

Grateful for everybody here
Grateful for another sober day without craving booze
Grateful for my home and husband.
Grateful for my morning coffee.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:55 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Grateful for a hangover free Sunday morning.
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful to have been up to watch the thunder and lightening storm this morning.
Grateful to have been up early and given my mum and friend a lift to where they are being collected for a coach trip.. Mum's friend is 96 and partially sighted so mum guides her up and down steps etc with being much younger at 86!
Grateful G.son no 1, got the part of a guard in his school's play of the 'Wizard of Oz' he's happy with that.
Grateful to have had my roots touched up and a hair cut.
Grateful Mr D.B's bad headache is better.
Grateful I had a productive day in the front garden yesterday, I was hoping to have another one in the back garden today but I don't think the weather will permit it.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to see you all here, I somehow missed posting yesterday and have lots to read back on.
Grateful for each and every one of you and for everything we share here. xxx
Old 09-22-2019, 04:10 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for the extended summer weather.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:40 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Rose, it really is a beautiful song. It has definitely grown on me. Sounds like it was actually about a woman Keith Richards was in love with, who was such a free spirit that they went off on tour and by the time they got back she’d taken up with someone else. And at some point she took up with Jimi Hendrix and went down a dark drug fueled path, so Richards went and got her father and they had her involuntarily committed and she became a ward of the state! I guess I’m glad they got her help but I bet that was a rough way to detox.
Grateful for a wonderful ballet last night.
Grateful some of you are getting rain! It remains so dry and miserably hot here and there is no sign of a break in the weather any time on the horizon.
Grateful to be taking a work trip to Minnesota later this week so I can at least live vicariously in other peoples’ weather.
Grateful for time to post.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:38 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

rose, i was a week early on the estate sale! lol

grateful for old abbott & costello & original looney tunes at night
Old 09-22-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zip - No Three Stooges?
Grateful it's not a 'Sunday Morning Comin' Down'. (K. Kristofferson) What hell we put ourselves through.
Grateful for summer weather, when first day of fall is tomorrow.
Grateful the raccoons that partied on our deck at 4:00am only broke one pot. Turned the light on & he just looked at me, like..."What? You got a problem?"
Grateful to get to know each of you through your posts. What a great group of unique individuals with a common purpose. Go us.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:20 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful for silence.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:33 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Grateful for Rose who always remembers me.
Grateful to wake up sober.
Daisy, I guess I must have missed your post about your teeth. Grateful for you!!
Grateful for an easy Sun morning, watching a little football.
Grateful for all of you here in the Grat Pack!! ♥♥♥
Old 09-22-2019, 10:36 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Grateful for an ok night sleep and to at least sleep in
Grateful to get two hours of work done
Grateful to check in briefly to read your posts and say hello
Grateful to get ready to go bowling with sonny boy and his friend
Grateful that Fall starts tomorrow. Fall always brings a bit of nostalgia. Don’t know why. But I will reflect on my past experiences with gratitude for what they have made me today
Old 09-22-2019, 11:00 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for my brother taking me to pick up my prescriptions. Grateful for all of you.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:33 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Grateful for dawn
Grateful for illumination
Grateful for sufficient energy and focus
Old 09-22-2019, 11:03 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful Rose has 3 months
Grateful for all of you
Grateful for Ali’s ARF looking after all the animals and grateful Ali volunteers there.❤️
Grateful it’s now light outside
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful for being sober, always.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:53 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags. I do believe the days of sobriety go that bit faster after 3 months. Unlike the days of wine (and no roses!).

Numblady - I love the ballet although I don't go that often. What did you see? I didn't know that about Ruby Tuesday. Something slightly ironic about Keith Richards taking action to stop someone's drug habit!

Rusty - your comment about Abbott and Costello reminded me of a good film I've seen recently, Stan and Ollie, which was about Laurel and Hardy. Can recommend if you haven't seen already.

Hev - I didn't know that song even though I really like Kris Kristofferson so I just looked it up on You Tube. What amazing lyrics.

Fearless - snap! Ok night sleep here as well. Such a relief.

Aly - thank you! Xxx

Grateful for not only a more or less decent night's sleep last night, but also one the night before. Don't want to overreach myself but maybe tonight too?
Thankful - as I contemplate my day - that my little granddaughter has the chance to start learning to swim at such an early age, with me at her side. Please note: I worked very hard to put a positive spin on that!
Grateful for this cup of tea I'm drinking made by me to my exact and exacting specifications.
Thankful I've committed to an exercise class with a friend later on otherwise I most certainly wouldn't go. Got to find a way of keeping up with my blackberry and marzipan treats without the Michelin man effect.
Grateful to all of you. It wouldn't be such a good day if you weren't all around.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:34 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Rose - I recently saw the Stan & Ollie movie. Good stuff!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:47 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Rose, we saw Carmina Burana (wow auto correct had some fun with that one before I overrode it). I still don’t know what the actual story was but I loved it because it was a) comparatively brief and b) full of lyrical operatic singing in addition to symphonic accompaniment and beautiful dancing. I’m not a true ballet lover so sometimes (I’m embarrassed to say) the dancing kind of bores me after a while. I like the plot-heavy operas best I think as far as our cultural outings go. I guess Americans’ fascination with Johnny Cash makes it almost impossible to have gone through life, especially a partying one, without hearing “Sunday Morning Coming Down”. So haunting. Did you hear the Johnny Cash version?
Aly, hope the headache is improving or you are very close to Botox time.

Grateful I practiced setting up and taking down our tent this weekend because I am taking the kids camping solo after I get back from a work trip.
Grateful for all the camping equipment my husband has amassed. I don’t think he is a hoarder but he is definitely a collector.
Grateful to have downloaded 2 new books to read: The Altruists for book club (free from the library no less!) and Fentanyl, Inc. to continue educating myself on the opioid scourge.
Grateful I got out of a work thing that would have involved being out of town for two weeks this fall (though I wouldn’t have minded the child-free respite all that much).
Grateful I can bring water to my thirsty plants. There is still no chance of rain or a break in the heat.
Grateful my attempt to go camping could possibly be what it takes to jinx the sky into opening up and letting us have some rain.
Grateful for coffee, even bad coffee like I’m drinking this morning.
Grateful to be here with all of you.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:50 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

of course the three stooges hev!

grateful for n'yuk n'yuk n'yuk

will check out stan & ollie
Old 09-23-2019, 04:56 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Wish I could send you some of our rain Numblady, we get our share and everyone else's at times.

Grateful for another hangover free Monday morning.
Grateful the sun is shining.
Grateful I only had one child to take to school this morning.
Grateful for the fridge magnet my mum bought me yesterday with a poem about wonderful daughter's, bless her. My fridge is in a cupboard so I need to think of a good place for it.
Grateful my little g.son is all better now.
Grateful for a quiet morning.
Grateful for coffee and a sandwich whilst I'm posting.
Grateful for Hevyn's post re getting to know each other through our posts. I love that. Grateful that those naughty raccoons only broke 1 of your pots.
Grateful for Aly and her gentle ways.
Grateful for Rose's uplifting posts and sense of humour.
Grateful to be here with all of you sharing this journey together. xx
Old 09-23-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS ROSE ON 3 MONTHS. :

Old 09-23-2019, 05:43 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Congrats, Rose! That’s huge! I’m adding that one to my movie list too. Would love to go to Ballet again. Saw Nutcracker once. Have fun swimming with your g.daughter!
Daisy, glad your g.son is all better
Numblady, I’m adding Fentanyl to my book list. Educating myself about the opioid epidemic as well. So impressed you are taking your kids camping solo! Glad you pointed out a difference between a hoarder and a collector. I believe my husband falls in the latter category too

Grateful for humor
Grateful for a healthy debate with husband last night that led to both of us rethinking our position (or at least increased understanding of the other point of view)
Grateful NL also reminded me to water the plants before leaving the house this morning. It’s going to be a scorcher for a few days. There may even be power shut offs
Grateful for a busy day ahead, to anticipate a good meeting with a client team I enjoy working with
Grateful to do whatever small part I can today to make the world a little bit brighter
Grateful for each of you