Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 92

Old 10-14-2019, 12:13 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Grateful for all the wonderful posts today.
Grateful for Rose, Fearless and Daisy for thinking of me! ♥
Grateful for all the most excellent people who post here. Some of the best people I know!
Grateful to have my laundry done.
Grateful that I can relax some, well, I'll have to take Luke out for a walk, but my stomach is still bothering me. Grateful I seem to have some time to hopefully get past it.
Love and peace to all of you, truly. All my love.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:32 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
grateful for this week off of chemo

Grateful for a trustworthy colleague and friend
Old 10-14-2019, 03:36 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Grateful to all of you here for being so welcoming - your posts bring a smile to my face every time I come to read.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:36 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Grateful for this site, words of caution and words of encouragement
Grateful that I have alternative strategies for dealing with frustration than drinking
Grateful that I am working with kind and intelligent people
Old 10-14-2019, 08:57 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Grateful to have one day sober.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:37 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for a sober day
Grateful for all of you
Old 10-15-2019, 12:59 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Rusty - glad you've got a week's parole! I shall remember not to wish you luck with the chemo tomorrow.

Numblady - I'll look up John Mulaney and see if I can find the one where he talks about not drinking. I enjoy hearing stuff like that (now). Very glad the weather is shortly going to be a bit kinder to you. It is totally inconceivable here in the U.K. this week to imagine those kind of temperatures. In fact a day off rain would be a treat not that I'm not complaining but it would be good to get into the soggy mess that is our garden and do a bit of sorting.

Pouncer - glad you're feeling better.

Fearless - did you say pumpkin cream cheese muffin? I'm on the search immediately!. We have very good bakeries in London but I've yet to see that on offer.

Hev - with you on killing the negative thoughts which is often easier said than done. I try and use that 'parking' method where you allow yourself 5 minutes to dwell in the topic with as much misery and self-pity as you like (that's my favourite bit!) but then you have to make yourself completely park any other thoughts on the subject until a given time, usually 12 hours later, when you can allow yourself to dwell again by which time hopefully your perspective has changed. Sometimes it works.

Daisy - good luck to Mandy for Thursday. Horrible for her.

Ananya - drama and families. Surely not?!

Water ox - well done on your sober day.

Grateful to have had a more or less healthy day of eating yesterday. A day without a pastry is a hard one for me but now and again it has to be done.
Grateful to be making up for yesterday by collecting a box of mini cupcakes to take in when I go and see some former colleagues later this morning. With the devastating logic that accompanied my drinking days, I'm working on the basis that small cakes - like small bottles of wine - make it easier to eat/drink less. Turns out to be true for cakes and totally untrue for wine. Who knew? (I know: all of us).
Thankful to have had an OK night sleep wise last night.
Thankful to have some time off but already hankering after my oh too familiar daily music accompaniments. Might have to download some nursery songs!

Hope Tuesday is good to us all.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:09 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Grateful to mark 1 year 9 months sober.
Grateful to be sober - I remember so many Mondays of calling into work sick or suffering through the day and having to face the fallout on Tuesday morning. I am infinitely grateful that I will never subject myself to that destructive behaviour again.
Grateful to all of you and my wonderful SR class.
Grateful for a clear and sunny day today.
Grateful to be back on track with my eating.

Grateful that Rose had a healthy day of eating - I know the struggle!
Grateful that WaterOx has one day sober.
Grateful that Austerities has developed adaptive strategies for managing frustrations.
Grateful that Courage has a trustworthy colleague and friend - something that makes working life that little less challenging.
Grateful that Aly has time to relax and take Luke for a walk - hoping your stomach feels better soon!
Grateful that Hevyn is rising above negativity - something that is rarely easy but always worth it.
Grateful the Fearless enjoyed her mocha and muffins!
Grateful Pouncer is feeling better.
Grateful that Least is appreciating the timeless benefits of sobriety.
Grateful that RZ has a week off chemo.
Grateful for Daisy's kindness and mindfulness.
Grateful that FBL is enjoying another day sober.
Grateful for my wonderful classmate NL, her wisdom, strength and camaraderie has been invaluable and an inspiration to me here since we first 'met' here in January 2018.

Unfortunately I must dash - sorry for anyone I missed, but know that I am grateful to each and every one of you!
Old 10-15-2019, 03:35 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:00 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Grateful for sober start to the day.
Grateful the school run went smoothly.
Grateful my mum didn't want to do any grocery shopping this morning.
Grateful to get the dishes washed and put away.
Grateful the blue re-cycling bin has been emptied.
Grateful Waterox has one day sober, day one is a good place to start. Well done.
Grateful for Rose's thoughtfulness.
Grateful NewChapter has one year 9 months, way to go and I'm not far behind you. Well done you.
Grateful you're all here.
Grateful for each and every one of you. xx
Grateful my little Lulu cat is in out of the rain.
Grateful for enough clothes to wear.
Grateful Rusty has no chemo this week.
Grateful Pouncer feels better. Welcome Pouncer.
Grateful Fearless has meaningful conversations with her son.
Grateful that Hevyn can rise above negativity and dwelling on the past, that's something I struggle with too.
Grateful Aly can relax a little. Hope you're feeling better now Aly.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:33 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

grateful for shrimp cocktail
Old 10-15-2019, 05:47 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up without a hangover.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yay Rusty! Glad you've got a week off chemo.

Grateful to wake up sober and feeling good.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Oh, whoops! There goes the post. Having trouble keeping a connection at the moment. Will just repeat congrats to NCJ18 and have a great day everyone
Old 10-15-2019, 07:00 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations, NewChapter!

Grateful that I'm not alone in any of this.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:57 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Grateful for my lovely dogs.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Rose - I like the parking idea....I'll try it next time the past tries to interfere with my serenity.
WaterOx - I'm glad you have that first rough day behind you. Onward towards freedom & healing.
NewChapter - 1 yr. 9mos. - fabulous!
Aly - I hope your stomach has settled.
Grateful I finally fit (squeezed) myself into a pair of jeans that have been hanging in my closet - mocking me - for a year.
Grateful for yet another sunshiny, warm-ish fall day. Putting away plant pots & cleaning up garden. Wonder what will be going on in the world when spring rolls around again? Praying for things to get better.
Grateful to not be too old to change my point of view when needed.
Grateful for this place of hope & encouragement.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:36 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Hev, that is so awesome, to get into old jeans. Is there a better feeling? I'm so happy for you! ♥♥♥
Thank you for all the good thoughts! I am still feeling pretty queasy with a bad headache. Still feverish. I sure hope it goes away soon. I had to cancel my Thrift Store shift for ARF tomorrow, which is like the second or so shift for the Thrift store that I had to cancel, so I feel kind of badly.
Grateful for a beautiful day, even if I'm laying around feeling yucky. It's frustrating. I am going to have to force myself to take Luke out later, but I can do that, I hope.
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for all of you so very, very much.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:34 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Yes congratulations New Chapter. And so nice that you and Numblady are close sober buddies. 1 year and 9 months: with Daisy close behind. What role models.

Rusty - shrimp cocktail. It's been a while. I might seek one out to precede my pastry of choice.

Water ox - thankful for you that you woke up without a hangover. We all know the relief of that.

Hev - that'll teach those jeans to mock you. And talking about squeezing, I remember the old, very old, days of buying jeans by lying on the floor of the shop in order to pull the zip up!

Courage - yes, spot on. Also grateful I'm not alone in any of this. In reality I wouldn't be of course because I have no doubt that if I wasn't part of this thread and forum I'd be alone with my wine. Just me and my bottle. Not a joyous thought.

Aly - you are not having the best of times right now. Hope you're feeling better soon and that you get to take Luke out later.

Grateful for a lovely morning yesterday visiting ex-colleagues including one who'd thought to buy some very superior marzipan treats.
Despite their lovely company, and hearing about interesting projects, so grateful I don't have to do real work any more.
Thankful for a better night's sleep.
Grateful to be going for lunch with another ex-colleague today, especially since I've finally myself bought a properly waterproof coat. It is of course raining now and for most of today.

Hope the ridiculously impossible to imagine not weather that some are experiencing has cooled down a bit.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:20 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Grateful to all of you for your kindness and support.
Grateful for a nice shower this morning.
Grateful to have a week off lectures to catch up on assignments.
Grateful for a clear sunny day and to be able to look at the beautiful colors of the trees from my office window.
Grateful for a productive work week so far.
Grateful to get to see my horse later.

Grateful FBL has another day.
Grateful Daisy had time to do some chores and didn't have to go grocery shopping - and that we are close in sober age!
Grateful RZ got to enjoy some shrimp cocktail.
Grateful WaterOx woke up hangover free.
Grateful Least is feeling good in sobriety.
Grateful for Fearless' kindness.
Grateful that Courage knows we are not alone and that we are all here for each other.
Grateful Pouncer has lovely dogs - dogs are the best!
Grateful Hevyn fit into her jeans - way to go! What a great feeling.
Grateful Aly can enjoy looking out at the beautiful day, even though she is feeling ill. I hope that you feel better soon, Aly!
Grateful for Rose's kind words and that you had a nice visit with ex-colleagues and a good night's sleep! Enjoy your lunch :-)