Morning Gratitude ~ Part 92

Old 10-07-2019, 02:55 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:33 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Grateful for the reminder from Rose to say CONGRATS DAISY! I just whizzed right by your 18 months post. Probably because I went to check my day counter and it was some random number like 642 and then I started thinking about how my soberversary each month is the day before the date my brother died . Anyyyyhow, congrats! I wish I could make lots of emojis and strutting fireworks and whatever else you manage to do on your congratulatory posts.
And CONGRATS LEAST! That is an incredible amount of time to have racked up.
(((Aly)))
Grateful to be up early enough to get my workout done before the kids start getting up.
Grateful the temperature is supposedly going down. Last night I was driving home after going to the office for a bit. It was 98 degrees.
Grateful to have gotten a lot of work done this weekend.
Grateful lunches are made and to be taking an interest in trying out recipes again. I love to cook but the crushing weight of the job + primary child related duties made it difficult to do. But now that they are older and less dependent on me I can actually think about these things again!
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to be confronting someone today about some issues that need to be discussed, even if it may not be pleasant.
Grateful to be meeting colleagues for lunch.
Grateful a lot of my work mates are out of town at a conference meaning my life should hopefully be a little less meetingful.
Grateful for this group and all who post here.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:37 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

grateful for yet another week of sober adventures
Old 10-07-2019, 05:20 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

It's been a while since I've been consciously grateful!

Grateful for my new job which is challenging me in a good way.
Grateful that my husband is really stepping up his game around the house.
Grateful that I had a productive weekend and all the laundry got done.
Grateful that I sent some emails early this morning to avoid procrastinating yet again.
Grateful that the people in my new office actually take lunch breaks.
Grateful that it's my favorite nephew's birthday, and I didn't forget!
Old 10-07-2019, 05:41 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Awww Numblady a 3 legged cat, what happened to him/her? Bless.
Ha ha and I know where you are coming from re Pinterest. I love it but Oh my life some of the things people can do put me to shame.
Thank you for the congrats and honestly please don't worry about the lack of fireworks. I honestly don't like anything that goes 'BANG!'

Fearless I have 'staying alive' in my head now and can't stop singing it, lol.

Thank you so much for your kind words Rose, they mean so much. It's thanks to you lovely people here that I'm still on track xx

Grateful to be sober guilt and hangover free today.
Grateful the school run went smoothly and all 3 G.kiddo's dropped off safely to class.
Grateful to drop my mum off in town for her compulsive shopping, lol. 86 and she goes into town every day bargain hunting. Good luck to her I say.
Grateful for a prawn sandwich on wholemeal bread, plus a coffee.
Grateful for another coffee.
Grateful to have stayed calm last night when the wayward one kicked off.
Grateful my headache has almost gone.
Grateful to have a stew in the slow cooker.
Grateful my lovely friend Mandy is picking the g.kiddo's up and dropping no.3 home to me.
Grateful to have sorted out my tariff with my gas and electricity supplier, it's something I've been putting off for a while, mainly because it takes so long.
Grateful to do a little pebble painting.
Grateful Rusty has food sponsee's.
Grateful to learn something every day, Hevyn I didn't realise Felix is older than Mickey Mouse, wowsers.
Grateful Billie and Least found each other, a match made in heaven.
Grateful Mags' stray kitty went in out of the rain, I hope she stays.
Grateful to see Palmersage posting again, you've been missed. xx
Grateful to each and every one of you for keeping me sober and sane ( well sane ish).

Love always

Mxxx
Old 10-07-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Have a good morning, Rose!
Congrats to Daisy and least!,,
((((Numblady)))) I relate to how sometimes certain happy anniversaries fall close to other sad anniversaries. I’m still so proud of you for getting through such a difficult time. It inspires me. We will all go through dark times. But everything passes and we become stronger through adversity
Grateful to see you, Palmer Sage. Have missed you
Daisy, lol on staying alive
RZ, grateful for you and your always upbeat attitude

Grateful for coffee!
Grateful for natural supplements that improve everything from knee joint pain to emotional wellbeing, sleep (sometimes), to skin and hair
Grateful to have gotten up early to start on a little work. Grateful I work from home most of the time and have the ability to do this
Grateful to slow my thoughts down, remain cool, calm and collected and pause before responding. Grateful I will hopefully talk to my boss for support handling a crazy demanding client (CDC) sometime this week.
Grateful to reflect on how much more rationale and even keeled I am being sober
Grateful for perspective
Grateful for patience
Grateful for honesty and integrity
Grateful for each one of you
Old 10-07-2019, 08:53 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

In a rush again - but I read & absorbed every word. What a wonderful group.
Grateful for the ability to pay my bills, even though I don't like my bills.
Grateful that my husband & I agree on the important stuff, though we are very different.
Grateful to know I can be myself here & no one will think I'm strange.
Grateful I no longer feel compelled to numb myself.
Grateful to graciously accept that summer is over - sniff.
Grateful for the dear person who is reading this.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:15 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Least, huge congrats on your sober time!! You are an inspiration. ♥
Grateful to be up doing loads of laundry. It has to get done. Lol.
Rusty, love and peace to you.
So grateful for all of you. I would name all of you individually, because that's how much I care for all of you, but it would be a little long. Love to all of you.
Have a wonderful day. Can you believe it's supposed to be in the mid 90s today? Tomorrow it is supposed to start cooling off.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:16 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober another day. Grateful for my long morning walk with Billie. Grateful to read your grats.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:47 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations, Daisy and least, and congratulations to Billie on 3 years with least! A better friend no dog could have.

Grateful for your cheerful voices.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:56 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a long walk with Billie just now. Grateful that she did a Lawrence Welk on the way home.

Grateful that I can walk to where I need to go, and that my brother takes me to the store when I need to go.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:44 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Grateful for city planners who facilitate walking
Grateful for dogs
Grateful for a good night's sleep
Old 10-07-2019, 09:05 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for waking up sober
Grateful for my coffee
Grateful for the little things.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:57 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Thank you Courage.

Grateful to be up early this morning, sober and present.
Grateful for a good cup of breakfast tea.
Grateful to have a wash load in already.
Grateful my little cat is enjoying her breakfast, she is so fussy with her food, turns her nose up at it all the time.
Grateful my grandson slept well.
Grateful to be on this journey with you all by my side. x
Old 10-07-2019, 11:00 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful I can go to bed any time I want.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:49 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hi Palmersage. Good to meet you.

The more I read your comments about various things at work, Fearless and Numblady, the more I'm glad I'm not still working even if it does mean I'm very old! Especially the comments about meetingful days and demanding clients. Always someone in or around the work environment whose special task it is to make everything worse.

Rusty - your sponsees sound like a nice bunch.

Daisy - I've got Staying Alive in my head now too but that will be displaced shortly I'm sure when I get to toddler music today with my granddaughter. I'll kindly share today's song with you all tomorrow so you too can sing along.

Aly/Daisy - you have motivated me. As soon as I've finished this post I'm going to get a load of washing on instead of leaving it to (not) get done later. This thread is not only about support in giving up alcohol!

Grateful that my rather long day yesterday is over. Plus toddler swimming done for the week (big tick).
Thankful I bothered going to a performance last night that I wasn't in the mood for because it was pouring with rain and it had been a long day. I saw someone sing/play (Al Stewart) whom I first saw several decades ago. Doesn't look like he used to - people in glass houses etc so no judgement there - but he still has a lovely voice. The event was in the Union Chapel in Islington. Such a beautiful venue.
Grateful to get home and have a piece of toast and a cup of tea with no thought for anything stronger. I always, always used to get home from events and start on the wine however late it was. No more.

It is so hard to imagine those insanely high temperatures some of you are suffering. Coldest, dampish and darkish here but I shall not complain.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:03 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Palmer I’m so happy to see you back here! It was you who told me to find this group in the first place and I am so thankful for that!
Daisy, I’m glad you asked about my 3-legged kitty. It’s quite a story, I feel like. He was picked up by animal control in Houston because he was caught in a chain link fence. His leg was stuck somehow and he had a necrotic wound on his leg as a result. They were overrun in Houston so the Austin shelter picked him up to keep him off the kill list (second time his life was saved). All we saw when the kids picked him out was a cute kitty with a broken leg. Little did we realize at the time we were supposed to bring him back in every two days for dressing changes etc. He actually got worse and worse despite me giving him antibiotics, special food, nebulizer treatments, and eventually trying to feed him through a feeding tube. He got down to such low weight. All this while I was drinking and working and trying to be a mom. I took him in and they told me surgery was the only remaining option but his lungs were so bad there was a definite chance he would not make it. I was devastated because I hadn’t warned the kids and they hadn’t gotten to say good bye to him. But he pulled through as you can guess though now that I recall it, the surgery was when they put in the feeding tube that was plugged from the get go in spite of me watching you tube videos and trying so hard to unclog it. Thankfully one day he just started eating. Now he bounds about the house and since he can’t really jump all that well, he just flings himself at stuff and then shimmies up it using his claws. Our curtains and chairs are a mess but we love him.

Grateful for mapo tofu.
Grateful for how changed circumstances expose people in a new and often positive light. Like one of my lunch companions yesterday, who I kind of always resented for favoring another employee who ultimately got promoted over me. But she knows a lot about grief and opioids and is so loving. I’m sorry that my ego and character had a harder time seeing it before. But glad that I’ve gotten there. And glad to remember how complex and sad many peoples’ stories are. I just literally didn’t know how many people walked around under the weight of grief or tragedy in many ways.
Grateful for this new perspective.
Grateful to wake up quite early (4:15) and be feeling in better mental shape than last week when I went to cycling class.
Grateful every day is a chance to not let my ego get in the way.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

grateful for a car pool last night to go rescue a group member with a flat tire
Old 10-08-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

RZ, that is such a wonderful thing you did!
Hev, I do believe opposites attract. My husband and I are very similar
Rose, I’m going to be looking out for your toddler g. daughter in the next Olympics ! I also can’t wait for the toddler tunes. The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round ....
Daisy, my little cat (Daisy) is also fussy. She will beg me for food, then when I go to feed her she walks away, then big boy Charlie tries to swoop in on her food, and it’s just such a cycle.
Numblady, that is an amazing story about your three legged cat and everything you were going through at the time. By the way, your new perspective reminds me of Daisy’s signature quote about how everyone we meet is fighting a battle, so be kind always. Love that one. Most people certainly have no ideas the struggles I have gone through. I have always tried so hard to keep everything together outwardly. But then people don’t see the real me. I’m learning it’s ok to allow myself to be vulnerable with the right crowd, still recognizing boundaries. I know I’m totally digressing here.

Grateful to have slept very well and only woke up once but quickly fell back to sleep. Will try to follow the same pattern as yesterday. Back to no more than one espresso coffee in the morning, certainly no caffiene after noon, get to bed by 9 and no more screen time. If you see me posting after 9 on the bedtime thread, that means I have failed. Lol
Grateful for fire safety and awareness. But also grateful the power outages have not hit my particular area. Grateful to offer freezer space to a friend who’s been without power for two days
Grateful for a helpful email from my boss about my CDC
Grateful to be going into the office today. To catch up with my favorite two coworker friends, not really to work, but there’s that too of course.
Grateful for each of you and our sober journey together