Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 02-05-2006, 07:29 AM
  # 1121 (permalink)  
X IV

More big hugs for you ((((((((((((((Eddie)))))))))))))))))). I am grateful this morning that I live in CA where the weather is so beautiful the last couple of days. Sun and 65 in Feburary. Nice.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:45 AM
  # 1122 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you again, L!!

I am grateful this morning for all the love and support I have received here at SR. You all are the best!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-05-2006, 01:47 PM
  # 1123 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((((eddie)))))

I am grateful to be able to see what I am doing clearly
Old 02-05-2006, 06:44 PM
  # 1124 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I have faith that everything will work out right for you,Eddie.It is a shame that something like this had to happen to you.I will keep you in my prayers.
God bless.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:21 AM
  # 1125 (permalink)  
No expectations!

((((Kevin)))) ((((Richie))))

I am grateful that I went to a clean/sober SuperBowl party last night. I needed to be with others in recovery.

And I am grateful that it is Monday, believe it or not. Now I can start working on straightening this mess out.

Have a great week, everyone!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-06-2006, 08:00 AM
  # 1126 (permalink)  
X IV

Good Morning,
I am grateful today that I have money to fill up my gas tank. I can remember when I was using and still had a car how we would struggle to come up with just one or two dollars to put gas in the car and now I can fill it up whenever I want without thinking about it. Sounds silly maybe but gee whiz it used to be such a STRUGGLE! I am also grateful that I have a car to put gas in.
(((((((Eddie))))))))))) Hope things go well today in straightening out your issue.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:20 PM
  # 1127 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((eddie))) thinking of you as you sort this out. Still no work here and I applied for about 30 contracts and did not get one repy, thats is most unusual I always get a reply even if I have only applied for one! Perhaps today I will get lots

Grateful for everyones help and support.

Kevin
Old 02-07-2006, 04:50 AM
  # 1128 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, L and Kevin!! I am going to the doctor today to find out about the diabetes issue. Wish THEM luck finding a vein!! Time to run. I'm on call tonight, so I may not be able to check in, but I'll let you all know something as soon as I can.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-07-2006, 06:43 AM
  # 1129 (permalink)  
X IV

I am grateful today that I have learned to disregard the crazy self deprecating thoughts that come in to my head.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:29 AM
  # 1130 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Originally Posted by lbadeker
I am grateful today that I have money to fill up my gas tank. I can remember when I was using and still had a car how we would struggle to come up with just one or two dollars to put gas in the car and now I can fill it up whenever I want without thinking about it.
Thanks for the reminder!!! Digging for change just so I can get to the store (to bounce some checks, no doubt!)

I want to add that I'm grateful that when I open the fridge or freezer there's actually FOOD and not the random condiments or ice for my next drink. I love sobriety!!!

Eddie--hope everything is going well with you and the testing.

Take care,
Danielle

PS--Are you out there, Sherry???
Old 02-07-2006, 10:45 AM
  # 1131 (permalink)  

Before you go to bed try to set the condition to think of 40 things you are grateful for your life. Sometimes it will be very hard on those days when resenment and worries want your attention. When I get to 40 things that I can be grateful for I feel separated from worthlessness and hopelessness and my rest is full. The next day brings new hope and life. Give it a try and see how it works.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:19 PM
  # 1132 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everyone,
I too remember scraping together loose change to get a gallon or two of gas,empty freezers and cupboards, and bills that were always way past due.But I always had plenty of money for dope.
I am grateful that those days are gone.I am thankful that my fridge is full,my gas tank is full,my bills are paid and there is still some cash left in the bank.And I am thankful that I came to my senses before it was too late.
I hope you all are doing well.And,Eddie,I am praying for you and your situation every day.
God bless.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:24 PM
  # 1133 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I am grateful today that I have stayed strong in this difficult time and am grateful to my HP and friends. Today I had an inteview which went great, I have one more to go. Its a great job and well paid, but does not start untul March so I will need to find a way to carry on until then, but I will.

Kevin
Old 02-08-2006, 06:40 AM
  # 1134 (permalink)  
X IV

I too am looking for work Nogard. I applied for 8 jobs yesterday. I am gateful for the computer and internet. It makes looking for and applying for jobs easier than in the old days. I am also grateful that I have started posting on this thread regularly. It reminds me to take action for this life I have that I am so grateful for.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:04 PM
  # 1135 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I am grateful for the two interviews and in general the possible work that has come my way.

I agree lbadeker, its so easy now with the net.

Up early this morning and enjoying myself.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:02 PM
  # 1136 (permalink)  
No expectations!

WELCOME to SR, upsetcitizen, and to the Gratitude List!! FORTY things, huh? I'll give it a try...

In no particular order:
1) Kevin; 2) Danielle; 3) "L"; 4) Richie; 5) upsetcitizen; 6) Sherry; 7) my cool two-tone hair; 8) I lifted weights this morning; 9) I made my own spaghetti sauce tonight; 10) 3 kitties on the bed; 11) 1 husband in the bed; 12) two doggies on the rug; 13) SR; 14) my attorney; 15) my psychiatrist; 16) NA; 17) the iPod; 18) my sponsor; 19) my monitor/mentor; 20) my Verilux lamp; 21) Gardenia wax potpourri; 22) naltrexone; 23) my Higher Power; 24) tanning; 25) Metabolic Effect; 26) Gold's Gym; 27) clean clothes; 28) my boss; 29) a warm home; 30) a car to drive; 31) yummy perfumes; 32) Splenda; 33) online continuing education courses; 34) my job; 35) the South Beach Diet; 36) Avon Sunrise lotion; 37) my sisters-in-law; 38) my sisters in recovery; 39) DVDs w/ subtitles; 40) diet colas; and (for good measure) 41) a comfortable bed, which I now need to get into!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-09-2006, 05:49 AM
  # 1137 (permalink)  
X IV

Wow Eddie! That's a great list. I am grateful for my kids. They say and do some pretty funny stuff. Here is an example of what happened yesterday with my oldest daughter.

I dropped shauna off at school and was driving home. My cell phone rang but I didn’t get to it in time. I checked the message and it was shauna and she was crying (hard) about something at school she did the day before. I couldn’t understand her through her tears. I called the school immediately thinking “oh my gosh something is wrong with my baby!” I got through to her teacher Mr. Goul. He informed me that Shauna was in trouble for sticking gummy worms on her forhead during reading time yesterday and making her group laugh out loud.. It seems she was supposed to be eating them quietly while they listened and read along to a story.
PS: this story this all happened yesterday and she didn’t tell me although we went grocery shopping after school and I told her she could get a treat. She said (gasp) that she didn’t want one. It seems that she had some gummy worms at school. And she said, I think I ate to many.” I was like ok.......More was revealed the next morning.

HA HA HA lol I had to get out all my giggles before she got home from school.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:21 PM
  # 1138 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I am grateful for teh knowledge that I can change my mood and attitude in an instant.

Kevin
Old 02-10-2006, 04:29 AM
  # 1139 (permalink)  
No expectations!

, L!!

I am grateful that the doctor did not find it necessary yet to put me on medication for diabetes.

And I am most grateful for my Caduceus group. I went to the meeting last night and shared about all this mess. They are so incredibly supportive. Yea!!

Have to get dressed now. Have a swell day, everyone!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-10-2006, 06:20 AM
  # 1140 (permalink)  
X IV

I am grateful today that when my washing machine flooded my whole kitchen yesterday it was on the last load on laundry. lol At least everything got done first. I am also grateful that I handled it myself. As far back as a month ago I think I would have looked at the water and screamed and called my ex. lol I just cleaned it up instead and didn't ask him for help. It felt good.