Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 02-15-2006, 02:31 PM
  # 1161 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Thanks eddie

I am grateful I was lovingly prodded by a couple of people back to meetings. Just two meetings so far has made such a difference.

Kevin
Old 02-15-2006, 04:11 PM
  # 1162 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everyone,
I'm on my new pc now.I am very grateful for my son,who not only bought it for me but but set it all up last night and did all the stuff for me that I don't know how to do.(yet).
I hope everything is working out for you,Eddie.I have been praying for you.
Have a great night,Eddie,Kevin,L,Danielle,Cheryl,Sherry and the rest of you folks.
God bless.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:56 AM
  # 1163 (permalink)  
No expectations!

You're welcome, Kevin!!

Thank you, Richie!!

I tried to check my blood sugar this morning, but I haven't totally figured out how to work the meter yet. I'll let you all know how it's running when I do.

Have a great day!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-16-2006, 10:39 AM
  # 1164 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey everyone!!!

I'm grateful of being in a "position of neutrality" when it comes to alcohol--especially since I work around it. It's so funny (but in a good way) that the only thing I think about when I serve liquor to a guest is :"I hope I don't spill it before I get to their table!". I love it.

I'm grateful for my health, good friends, and 12-step programs. I'm grateful to look out the window right now and enjoy the beauty of newly fallen snow on the tree branches. I'm grateful I was finally able to afford a new pair of glasses so I don't have to wear my contacts all the time anymore (that's really annoying!)

Lastly, I'm grateful for being able to be grateful. Many, many times have I wished I weren't alive, but for now--it's God's will.

Take care,
Danielle
Old 02-16-2006, 02:08 PM
  # 1165 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I am grateful that the insanity in my head has become quiet. I am grateful for the people at my home group last nigh and grateful I can be calm and smile in while I deal with whatever the day has for me.

Kevin
Old 02-16-2006, 05:52 PM
  # 1166 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by squirrelly77
I'm grateful to look out the window right now and enjoy the beauty of newly fallen snow on the tree branches.
I hope to be doing the same come Sunday or Monday.

I am grateful that my hearing has been postponed until March! Whew! Now my attorney and I have time to get our act together.

And SO grateful for all the support I'm getting through this mess!! It seems like the "advocate" is the only one who's not "on my side." Everyone else I've talked to has been wonderful.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-16-2006, 06:02 PM
  # 1167 (permalink)  
X IV

I am tenatively grateful that my computer is fixed. It took a long time for it to boot up but now seems to be working. Yea!
Old 02-17-2006, 05:26 PM
  # 1168 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am grateful that I got my "live" continuing education hours for the year out of the way today. It wasn't a very good seminar, though, I'm afraid.

And I am grateful for Splenda!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-17-2006, 08:29 PM
  # 1169 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I am grateful for many things this afternoon, but mostly grateful for the AA member who suggested I attend an NA meeting I did today an it was the best thing I could have done.

I have posted this elswhere but just to fill you in

I just got back from my first NA meeting. Boy did I make some connections there. The people where all great and very welcoming. They gave me a key ring as a new comer. They where all very curious that I had been clean for 30 (yes thirty) years but this was my first meeting.

I connected with my past as an addict and for the first time in many many years I made a strong connection of me as an addict in recovery, how strong, outgoing and positive I was, nothing could stop me. I am glad I have found this part of me again and am already putting it to good use

Kevin
Old 02-18-2006, 06:38 AM
  # 1170 (permalink)  
X IV

I am still really grateful that my computer was fixed. I am grateful that my ex is taking the girls to the snow for the weekend. I am grateful I didn't have to stick a needle in my arm this morning. I am grateful for good coffee. (Pete's).
Old 02-18-2006, 06:55 AM
  # 1171 (permalink)  
No expectations!

That's fantastic, Kevin!! I knew you'd like NA. Are you going to go again? I hope so.

Speaking of sticking a needle in one's arm, I have been checking my blood sugar using my arm and I am getting bruised and pricked-looking. I don't like it at all. It looks too familiar, you know? Guess I'll have to use the fingers after all and I don't like that either. I just hope I can lose the weight I need to and not have to keep checking my sugar. On that note, I need to take off for the gym now.

The sleet has turned to snow and for that I am grateful!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-18-2006, 09:17 AM
  # 1172 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everyone,
I'm sure glad it's saturday.It's supposed to start snowing here by early afternoon.Sounds like a good day to lay around and watch tv.
Hope you are all having a great weekend.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:44 AM
  # 1173 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Richie!! It is really coming down here, but not cold enough to accumulate. Darn!

But I am still grateful anyway, for the and for getting out to tan and lift weights before it had a chance to get slick.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-18-2006, 01:57 PM
  # 1174 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

grateful to my HP letting me see I have choices.

Yep eddie I will be going to both NA and AA meetings from now on.

Kevin
Old 02-18-2006, 02:50 PM
  # 1175 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I mostly go to NA, but also AA, Al-Anon, and OA now and then. I probably ought to start hitting more OA now. I definitely need the support for my changing diet. Think I'll go hunt down a meeting now actually.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-19-2006, 08:18 AM
  # 1176 (permalink)  
X IV

I am grateful that I live in a big city. Combined, AA and NA have over 400 meetings a week to choose from. Provides little chance for excuses.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:21 AM
  # 1177 (permalink)  
No expectations!

No local OA on Saturday nights, so I tried to find an online meeting to attend with no luck. Then I attended SR's meeting last night which was really good and I went to an NA meeting this morning. Now to find an OA meeting for today maybe.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-19-2006, 02:15 PM
  # 1178 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I am so grateful for all the members at meetings and their support love and inspiration by their presence and their ESH.

Kevin
Old 02-19-2006, 05:38 PM
  # 1179 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am grateful for my sponsorship family. I went to a visitation at a funeral home tonight and got to talk with several of my sponsee sisters. That was really good for me, to get their support.

And grateful that I finally went and bought some new clothes, even if they are huge. Now I have something to wear to my hearing. I looked quite nice when I went to the visitation if I do say so myself.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-19-2006, 06:34 PM
  # 1180 (permalink)  

Hey, eddie and friends. I've been out of the loop for awhile, dealing with my own deamon depression. I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Good to see you, all. Keep on keeping sober.