Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 11-18-2005, 10:58 AM
  # 921 (permalink)  

Hey gang. Today I am grateful to be sober. I have been reading some other threads and the reality of how powerful this disease is hit me again. This disease is a known killer. Thank God we have a choice and I have found a new way of life. As we all have. Love you guys.

Sherry
Old 11-18-2005, 04:01 PM
  # 922 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Cheryl,Eddie,Phinny,and Sherry,
I hope you are all having a good evening.I think that the film "Office Space" should be required viewing for this thread.I don't have a particular favorite scene but one day I do hope to achieve my goal of doing nothing.
May I also recommed my favorite new tv show,"The Office" which comes on Tuesday nights on NBC.I love this show.
Have a great weekend you all.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:18 PM
  # 923 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Richie
I think that the film "Office Space" should be required viewing for this thread.
Have you seen my stapler?

I had a self-imposed losey day - no motivation. Tonight was better. Went to dinner at a cool Thai place with a friend in recovery. Good meal, good conversation. Then I cam home and took the dogs for a walk under the big moon. Very cool.

((((Eddie, Sherry, Cheryl, Richie)))) :sleeping: well
Old 11-19-2005, 02:36 AM
  # 924 (permalink)  
No expectations!

"The ratio of people to cake is too high."

LOL LOL LOL
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 11-20-2005, 12:05 PM
  # 925 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Ya know...I just rented OFFICE SPACE for the first time a couple months ago! There's a pretty big list of movies that I need to see again because I was too, well, "occupied" the first time I saw them and I'm sure I missed a ton.
I know it's only 3PM right now, but I'm going to post here because the library closes in an hour and that means I won't have access to a computer after then.
I'm grateful of being sober today too. You're right Sherry--this disease is a known killer. I haven't been in AA for very long, but it's been said that if you stay long enough--someone WILL die for you. That's a really sad, scary thing. One girl who was giving a lead in one my meetings said that the people she works with have asked her why she's always going to funerals and she told them that that's just the people she knows. She's friends with people who have a propensity die. Ugh! But, not any of us...right!?!
ANYWAYS--on a lighter note. I'm grateful that our Anatomy Prof is letting the class re-take the last exam because our average was so low. That was really awesome of him!
I'm grateful for the upcomming holiday--two days off school! YAY!!! I'm totally digging out the expand-o pants. It's a little early, but I'm thinking I'm starting to need them now!
I'm grateful for my minister and his wife. They are such wonderful people that God put into my life right when I needed them most.
I'm grateful for the chance to meet with the Music Director at my school the end of this month to talk about playing in our Symphonic Band. Eventually I would like to play in the Orchestra--because I've never played with stringed insturments before and I think I would love it!
Finally, I'm grateful for all that the love I've been shown in the rooms of AA and here at SR. I never would have thought that being sober would be so fun!

Danielle
Old 11-20-2005, 05:07 PM
  # 926 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Yeah, playing in an orchestra is a lot of fun. I'm sure you WILL love it.

I am so grateful that I got all my dahlias dug up and put away today. I had to stash some in the attic 'cause I had so many. I just hope they don't freeze and ruin up there.

And I am grateful for another good productive day all around. I went to a meeting this morning, tanned, worked out, did a little laundry, and dug the dahlias. I did something else, too, but I probably shouldn't post about that. teehee. And no napping! In fact, I didn't nap all weekend. I'm grateful for that, too. Now I'm going to go to bed really early, though. LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 11-21-2005, 05:27 AM
  # 927 (permalink)  

Hey, all. Good morning.

Glad you had a good weekend, Eddie. And good to see you, Danielle.

I'm just keepin on, keepin on. I so need to do a 4th step it's not even funny. I WANT to do it, now I am praying for the willingness to JUST DO IT. A friend in recovery is coming over tonight to share how she did it with her sponsor - I need simple instructions or I get all tangled up in my head. Then we are going to a meeting. So... I am looking forward to getting started - not about doing the work, but about the relief I know will come when it's finished.

Have a good clean and sober day.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:09 PM
  # 928 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, phinny! Sounds like me on my 9th Step. I just can't seem to bring myself to start writing on it.

But I am grateful tonight that I talked to my ex-husband and that he is doing OK, not clean, but at least alive, not in prison, and working. I guess that's progress.

And I am grateful that my husband again had a nice supper ready when I got home from work. He took the day off and brought his father up here, so he's having to be the domestic one.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 11-22-2005, 06:13 PM
  # 929 (permalink)  

Hey gang. Today I am grateful that my son had a good session with his counselor. I am grateful that we have someone that listens to what he is saying rather just trying to diagnos, which is what has always happened. The think he may be bipolar, not ADHD, which is what they always said. I am just grateful that Vincent is willing to try.

I am also very grateful for the heat. It's snowing again, yuck!

Time to go to bed. Nite nite.

Sherry
Old 11-22-2005, 06:32 PM
  # 930 (permalink)  
No expectations!

That is good news about your son, Sherry. Thank you for sharing! And you can send some of that snow this way, OK? They're having snow in the mountains but we rarely get any here.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 11-23-2005, 05:10 AM
  # 931 (permalink)  

If I could figure out how to send the snow to you, Eddie, it would already be in the mail.....lol. It covered the ground last night.

I am off to work. Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a blessed day. Talk to you soon.

Sherry
Old 11-23-2005, 03:50 PM
  # 932 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

:e16m HAPPY THANKSGIVING,EVERYONE! :eo1a

This is my second one since I stopped getting high,and for that I am very grateful!
God bless you all!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 05:36 PM
  # 933 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, Sherry and Richie!!

I am grateful that my new health insurance card came in the mail today. Now I will have my own policy and everybody at work says it's really good insurance. I just need to make an appointment for a check-up now. I haven't had one since I got clean.

I am also grateful that I can sleep in a little in the morning although I'll be on call starting about 8:30AM. Today was wicked busy and I'm tired. Then I'll be off on Friday. I'm glad about that, too.

Hope all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 11-24-2005, 06:38 PM
  # 934 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Tonight I am grateful that I handled dispensing some pretty scary drugs alone with a minimum of discomfort. This was the first time I had to go in by myself and open the cabinet where they keep the "good stuff." It went just fine. Whew!

And I am grateful that I still got to tan and exercise today, although I did have to get out of the tanning bed early to answer a page. At least my workout didn't get interrupted. It's been a good day. Now I have to answer another beep!

Happy Thanksgiving again, everyone!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 11-26-2005, 08:15 PM
  # 935 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am grateful that I got to go to my 20th year high school reunion tonight and that I won't have a hangover tomorrow. It seemed like EVERYBODY was drinking and an old friend even asked me if I wanted to get high. Nope. Still, it was good to see people and hang out some.

I'm also grateful that we had a relatively calm "talk" with my father-in-law this morning. He wants to help us buy a house. It could have gotten ugly, but it didn't. Whew! My father-in-law can be pretty hard to take sometimes and my husband got more annoyed than I did. Maybe this means we'll get to move out of my dad's house soon. I hope, I hope.

Well, guess it's beddy-bye time. Have a good night, y'all!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 11-26-2005, 08:23 PM
  # 936 (permalink)  

Good to see you, Eddie. Glad your reunion went well. You are so brave! I would never be brave enough to go to a reunion, not to mention SOBER.

I am back from Thanksgiving with the family. It wasn't pretty. I vented my anger and frustration with old disfunctional patters and junk - a first for me. I think it needed to be said, just not the way I said it (out of anger and frustration). After that incident, things were better, but there's still this heavy unspoken stuff in the air. Ugh!

More fodder for my 4th step, methinks.

Have a good night.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:55 AM
  # 937 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((((Phinny)))))

Have you ever seen Home for the Holidays with Holly Hunter? It's a holiday classic in my book. It reminds me of what you were talking about. You should check it out. It'll make you laugh, I promise.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 11-27-2005, 05:51 PM
  # 938 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am grateful for diet colas.

I am grateful for Swedish Beauty's Amaretto tanning lotion, too. It doesn't smell like much in the bottle, but when you put it on...Wow!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 11-28-2005, 01:55 PM
  # 939 (permalink)  

Hi Eddie and Phinny!

Today I am grateful that I only had to work one job. I had to get a second job and they both scheduled me Fri thru Sun. I was one tired puppy! I will have some Christmas money, though, so my kids can have something nice under the tree. I am grateful that I can go to the movies for free, a perk of my second job! It sure does save money! I'm taking my son to see Harry Potter tonight. Jarhead and derailed were both good. I will let you guys know as I watch them what ones are good. I heard walk the line is really good and portrays Johnny Cash pretty well.

Time to go have some fun with my son. For that, I am also grateful.

Sherry
Old 11-28-2005, 03:22 PM
  # 940 (permalink)  

((((Eddie and Sherry)))) Good to see you both!

Cool to be able to bring the kids to the movies for free. I bet they love that. And bless you for working so hard to make their Christmas special.

I am doing OK. Now that the dreaded Thanksgiving has past, I can take a deep breathe and get back to MY center. I'm going to work out this afternoon. I'll post back so you guys can hold me accountable, ok?