Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 01-30-2006, 04:15 PM
  # 1101 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Lovely pictures,ladies.Like Kevin,I also wish I had more hair.Mine has been migrating from the top of my head to my face.
Have a great evening everyone!
Old 01-30-2006, 04:56 PM
  # 1102 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, L!! It's even brighter now that it's dry. Unfortunately, the color washes out pretty quickly. Wah!

Hey, Kevin!! Hey, Richie!!

I am grateful that I am now able to go to those Metabolic Effect classes and still be able to walk the next day. Stretching out afterwards helps, I'm sure, but I'm also just getting in a little better shape, too, I think.

And I guess I should be grateful to have such a head of thick hair to mess around with. I can't curl it, but I still have fun with the colors.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-31-2006, 06:40 AM
  # 1103 (permalink)  
X IV

Good Morning!
Today I am grateful for Step 11. It gives me direction for my day. ok I gotta go do my prayers and meditation now. lol Hope everyone in this thread has a super day.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:08 PM
  # 1104 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey everyone!

Eddie--wow! I'm not that brave anymore. Although one time I did put black streaks in my hair back in my Freshman year in HS. But, people called me skunk The cruelty!

Hey Eddie--I was just reading about a new workout routine called FIST. If I can remember correctly, it's sorta like a bootcamp type for an urban setting. Like you go around acting like a thug from the city or something! But, I sure remember the number of Kcal you burn in an hour--1035! That's like a whole 5-Course dinner. Well, not exactly.

Anyways--grateful to be here sober today, and, I'm VERY grateful that I,too, have a solution that has worked for millions of alcoholics. I'm grateful I finally got my muffler fixed. I was sure the neighbors were going to start sending me nasty letters. I'm also grateful that I'm getting money back from my taxes.

Take care!
Danielle
Old 01-31-2006, 02:36 PM
  # 1105 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Morning everyone, I am grateful for such a peaceful nights sleep.

Kevin
Old 01-31-2006, 05:10 PM
  # 1106 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by squirrelly77
But, people called me skunk
I was called Sister Skunk in a clique I belonged to in high school because of the blonde stripes in my hair, but it was a term of endearment in that case. Junior year, however, I found out the cross-country team had christened me "grapehead." I wasn't so happy about that, although the color that earned me the name was awesome! LOL.

I am grateful that I made it through work this afternoon even without the other full-time pharmacist. It was a little bit hairy there for awhile.

And I am grateful for peanut butter & chocolate ice cream, even though I probably shouldn't be. teehee.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-01-2006, 07:06 AM
  # 1107 (permalink)  
X IV

Your post made me smile about the ice cream Eddie! This morning I am grateful for e-mail.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:09 PM
  # 1108 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Well, I may have to do without the ice cream for awhile or risk not fitting into any of my clothes. My weight and eating have been completely out of control for some time now. But that's another story...

Tonight I am grateful that I went to an NA meeting. It was really a good one although I can't exactly explain why.

Also grateful to be able to help out an old friend financially. I got an email asking for help yesterday and it's so good to have some extra money to give her.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-02-2006, 06:35 AM
  # 1109 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for a new day and new chances.
Life is full of beautiful moments, we just have
to look around to see them.

love,
Cheryl
Old 02-02-2006, 07:00 AM
  # 1110 (permalink)  
X IV

I am grateful today that I have learned how to ask for help.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:51 PM
  # 1111 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I am grateful that I have started to sort my finances out and that it is goiung well so far and am also grateful that there is more work around as everyone comes back from summer holidays, my phone is ringing again

Kevin
Old 02-02-2006, 04:45 PM
  # 1112 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I am grateful for my bedroom and my nice comfortable bed.For I am very tired tonight.
Goodnight everybody.
:sleeping:
Old 02-03-2006, 06:25 AM
  # 1113 (permalink)  
X IV

lol Thanks Richie. I was having a hard time being grateful this morning but your post reminded me that I am grateful for the little things today. A bed that I like and a soft pillow.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:17 PM
  # 1114 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

me too, but I am grateful for my dogs and my freinds today.

Kevin
Old 02-03-2006, 04:35 PM
  # 1115 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I am grateful that it's Friday.This has been a very tough week at work.Thank God for my family and for my humble home.And for two days off.
This Sunday is my dad's 78th birthday.We are going to take dinner over to my parents that day.I'm fixing him what he asked for-lasagna and italian bread.
I am grateful that my parents are still around to enjoy me being clean and sober.
Have a great weekend everyone.
And God bless.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:26 AM
  # 1116 (permalink)  
X IV

I am grateful that my parents are clean and sober too. My mom has 18 years and my Dad has 37 or something like that. My mom and I don't speak and haven't for years but I am grateful I can talk to my dad. Grateful my kids have a grandpa.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:23 PM
  # 1117 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I am grateful for my health, especially given the abuse over the years. I am making sure that I look after my boday.

Kevin
Old 02-04-2006, 05:30 PM
  # 1118 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Folks, I really need to focus on gratitude tonight because something very sh**ty happened yesterday. I was delivered a summons (AT WORK) from the Board of Pharmacy to appear before them later this month. There was a list of "charges," one of which was a urine positive for alcohol. This could just be a mistake or it could mean I may be diabetic. I'm probably going to put a thread on the Newcomers Board about it, but I wanted to do my gratitude list thing first.

I am very grateful that I AM clean and sober and have been for over three years now, that I KNOW there has been a mistake. I am glad that no one I have talked to believes I have been drinking/using.

And I am grateful that I have had a good day, despite this upsetting news. I tanned, worked out, and helped my friend at the public library this afternoon. I am remaining upbeat.

Thank you all!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-04-2006, 09:24 PM
  # 1119 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Sorry to hear your news eddie, but so pleased about the way you are handling it, I am trying to do the same with my money and work crisis I am facing and thats what it is all about.

I am walking alongside you.

Kevin
Old 02-05-2006, 06:19 AM
  # 1120 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you yet again, Kevin!! I know that I have been doing right and I have faith that I will be OK no matter what happens. If I lose my license and my job...well, I've been there before, haven't I?

Love and hugs,
Eddie