# 681 (permalink)  

Hi Eddie,
I'll be over to join in on the party!!
It will be a blast.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:52 AM
  # 682 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Kewl!

I forgot to do my gratitude thing last night, so this morning I am grateful for...

...online continuing education. I really enjoy learning over the Web.

and

....an overall good day yesterday. I did Nautilus, tanned, and made another real meal for supper.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-05-2005, 07:53 PM
  # 683 (permalink)  

I am very grateful for my friends on SR for helping me survive day 1 and for helping me realize how much more I have in store for me.
I also enjoyed the summer rain shower that we had today. I sat outside and let the rain hit my face and thought of the great feeling of being able to experience those feelings. I couldn't do that if I was using. I have more time to realize the miracles and beauty of life itself.

hugs and love to all!

~Angel
Old 08-05-2005, 09:01 PM
  # 684 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I bet that felt awesome, huh? Thank you for sharing that!! It's been way too long since I played in the rain.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-06-2005, 08:28 PM
  # 685 (permalink)  

I am grateful for the day I spent my dad and his girlfriend. It felt great to be around sober family members. I ate some good food, saw a funny movie, and just got a chance to laugh. That is a lot to be grateful for.

It is great to be grateful!

Love,
Cheryl
Old 08-06-2005, 08:38 PM
  # 686 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by AngelHugs
It is great to be grateful!
Ain't it the truth?

I am grateful that I actually got up early(ish) this morning and made waffles from scratch.

And I am grateful that I went to my home group. It was a pretty good meeting and I got to see my friends.

:sleeping: tight, C!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-06-2005, 09:52 PM
  # 687 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I almost forgot. I am so grateful the I still have The Clash's Sandinista! Most of my Clash CDs were stolen or loaned and not returned.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-07-2005, 06:02 PM
  # 688 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I'm grateful it's supposed to be less hot tomorrow.

I hope you get your Clash collection restored,Eddie.

I'm glad you're doing okay,Cheryl

:band
Old 08-07-2005, 06:16 PM
  # 689 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Me too, Richie, me too! Hey, Richie, I finally went to see Charlie & the Chocolate Factory today...

...and I am GRATEFUL that I went!! I laughed my as* off! What a lot of fun! I was also dancing in my seat to the Oompaloompas' songs. And I wasn't even tripping like I was when I saw the original. LOL. I still cried, though, at the beginning, when Charlie was looking for the Golden Ticket.

I am also grateful that I finished going through all the old veterinarian records without totally losing it like I did when I tried to a couple of nights ago. I found out how overdue several pets are on their vaccines, so now I know exactly who needs shots when.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-07-2005, 07:55 PM
  # 690 (permalink)  

Hi Eddie and Richie!!

That is great that you enjoyed the movie Eddie! I am still trying to go see that movie. I have heard that it was awesome.

I am grateful that I had a little more energy today to get up and get around to do stuff. I am looking at an apartment tomorrow morning and I hope I get it. There are also some more people coming to check it out so hopefully no one will get it before me. If they do, there are other places out there. I am not looking forward to getting up so early. Yucky, LOL, I am *NOT * a morning person!! Hehe

Love,
Cheryl
Old 08-07-2005, 08:04 PM
  # 691 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((Cheryl))),
I hope you get the apartment, too!! I wish I were moving into my own place as well. Now go to bed! LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-07-2005, 08:12 PM
  # 692 (permalink)  

I can't go to be quite yet because I have to do laundry. Doesn't sound like too much fun, LOL.

I must be in some kind of smilie mood tonight. And my little brother and sister's first day of school is tomorrow and the kids are still up running around the house shouting, "I can't sleep", hehe!! I am trying to get them to bed.

This is hilarious in here right now.

love,
Cheryl
Old 08-08-2005, 12:17 PM
  # 693 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Cheryl,
Well, how did it go?

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-08-2005, 06:31 PM
  # 694 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Eddie and Cheryl,
I'm glad you got to see the movie,Eddie.Now I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD.
I hope things are going well on your apartment search,Cheryl.
It was not so hot today so I cut the grass when I got home.I'm grateful to have gotten that done.
God bless you all.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 695 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Yeah, I'll definitely have to see it again when it comes out on DVD and make my hubby watch this time. I may even have to have the soundtrack, too.

I am grateful that Mariann does not have feline leukemia. I've been through that before and it sucked.

I am grateful for seeing the highly amusing sight of my Marcel/Morsel sitting on our sidewalk with the neighbors' new chickens. He really did NOT know what to make of them. They're about the same height and they were all just hanging out. I wish I'd had a camera handy!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-09-2005, 04:30 PM
  # 696 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I'm glad it's not leukemia,Eddie.My brother has to take his cat to the vet twice a week for fluid injections because of her kidneys.I guess they are like people.They need a lot of special care when they get old.
Have a great evening.God bless.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:25 AM
  # 697 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you again, Richie!! I'm trying to stay grateful that it's not leukemia, too, but the thing is that it could be worse and likely is. It's not her kidneys either but I can do the fluid thing at home if that's necessary and it very well may be.

I better do some gratitude here since I didn't make it on here last night and I'm struggling.

I AM grateful for my vet's office. They have been really great through all the problems we've had over the past few months.

And I AM grateful to have 4 relatively healthy pets—2 dogs and 2 other cats. They are a great comfort.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-10-2005, 10:36 AM
  # 698 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Sorry to hear that about your cat. I know that's gotta be tough. I never had to deal with leukemia or whatever the feline equivalent to AIDS is, but I know it's hard from talking to others.
My cats were always outdoor/indoor cats, and they all died pretty young because of that fact. The cat I have now is strictly indoor...poor thing LOVES the outdoors though. It's unfortunate I live in an apartment complex or I would let him outside. I do have a deck, which I let him out onto sometimes. Just not the same though.
Hang in there Eddie. I'm sending peaceful vibes your way!

Danielle
Old 08-10-2005, 11:00 AM
  # 699 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you very much, Danielle!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-10-2005, 07:12 PM
  # 700 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Trying hard here to act my way into right thinking.

I am grateful to have a comfortable home to live in rent-free with utilities paid, too. I am very fortunate that my dad lets us live here and pays alot of the bills!

I am grateful for a really good NA meeting tonight. One I don't go to often. The topic was grief. Now I know that whatever happens with Mariann , WE can handle it!

Love and hugs,
Eddie