Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 07-17-2005, 02:02 PM
  # 641 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Danielle and Eddie,
It's good to see you back here Danielle.Congratulations on 70 days.Glad to see you are doing so well.Does your cat leave fur all over the house like mine?
Glad you got your Mom moved withou hurting yourself,Eddie.Now you need to reward yourself by replacing those Clash albums.
I'm grateful for the nice meal I just had with my daughters at Ruby Tuesday's.I had the creole fish.I love cajun food.
Tomorrow it's supposed to be terribly hot.Work is really going to suck this week.But I'm still grateful to have my job.
God bless ya'll.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:19 PM
  # 642 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Richie! I DO need to replace those CDs, but there's no telling when I'll be able to afford to.

I am grateful to have only smoked one pack of cigarettes so far today. I put on a patch this morning and it seems to be helping alot. I know, I know. Not supposed to wear the patch AND smoke, but I just read in one of my lessons that it's OK to chew the gum with the patch, so what's the difference?

I also had a nice meal at Lucky 32 with my mom. We were supposed to be celebrating my husband's birthday (which was last month), but he didn't go—lol—so we really honored my mom's birthday which is at the end of July. Crazy, huh? The reason we went tonight is that Mom had a coupon that was about to expire tomorrow.

Stay cool, everyone!
Love and hugs,
eddie
Old 07-17-2005, 09:09 PM
  # 643 (permalink)  
Simply Sober

Smile Daily Gratitude List

1) God
2) Myself, my sobriety, and my spirituality
3) Lubbock's Recovery Community
4) Faith Center
5) Fellowship Clubhouse/Group
6) Family & Friends
7) Lori, my sponsor
8) Kazy, Tiger, Nora, & Midnight (my cats & Shari's cats)
9) Archie, my boyfriend
10) My jobs
11) My home
12) My freedom
13) Frank & Selina, my landlords
14) Bill W. & Dr. Bob, AA, and Big Book, etc.
15) Bible
Old 07-18-2005, 07:35 AM
  # 644 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks for sharing, Sam! I'm glad to see Kazy and Tiger are still with you.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-18-2005, 07:33 PM
  # 645 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Today I am grateful that the clinical pharmacist position is still open at the state psych hospital and that my husband told me to go ahead and apply for it! If I get it, it would mean moving out of town, so him OK'ing this is a big deal.

I am also grateful for an overall good day. I did Nautilus, tanned, and went to a nice little AA meeting. There was one brand new guy there, so we talked about coming into the program for the first time. I love newcomer-oriented meetings!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-19-2005, 09:57 AM
  # 646 (permalink)  

I have a big interview coming up on Friday for a job that I once could not have been able to get. This is a big thing for me and I'm nervous. I don't even know what to wear or say so I'll a little wobbly right now, hehe. I'm grateful for the chance to be at the interview because I know this is a step in the right direction.
I am telling myself that no matter how far down I went, there is hope for bouncing back up.

Good to see everyone again!

love,
Cheryl
Old 07-19-2005, 10:53 AM
  # 647 (permalink)  
No expectations!

That is great news, Cheryl! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers on Friday. Of course, let us know how it goes!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-19-2005, 01:04 PM
  # 648 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

That's great Cheryl!!! Good luck on Friday...and you're correct, it doesn't matter how far down you've gone...as long as you keep doing the next right thing, everything else falls into place.

Richie...oh yeah...the fur balls are always a'flyin'! But, it's nice because with his long hair, it just kinda clumps up and it's easy to clean.

Eddie...I think there's enough of Jake to share! hee hee

Well, everyone...I got a new job. I sent my resume over to this man on Saturday, had an interview today and he offered me the position right then and there. However, this means that my previous plans have been put on hold. I prayed before going into the interview to be lead in the right direction. God has a plan for me, I know, and I feel like this is part of it. I won't be going to school full-time for Nursing just yet, but perhaps this isn't the right time. I've been told that I have a natural knack for business, and this new position will definitely provide me an opportunity to grow in that.

It's kinda confusing at the same time. I dunno. I've heard it said before that when you're aligned with your Greatest Good, your Truth, etc. that the universe is in step with you. I keep getting drawn back into the "professional" world instead of academia, and I do succeed, but I also want to return to school to become part of the medical profession. So, which part of me is being run by self-will??? The part that's attracted to and succeeds in business or the part that wants to wear scrubs and stick needles in people's arms (sorry,trying to be funny). Perhaps neither...I think I'm thinking too much.

Just take it one day at a time...everything unfolds just as it should. Right?

Danielle

I've just noticed that the gratitude thread has become my favorite place to talk about my troubles *LOL*
Old 07-19-2005, 01:21 PM
  # 649 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Congratulations on the new gig, Danielle! That's super! Now I guess it's my turn to get a job, huh? LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-19-2005, 01:38 PM
  # 650 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Thanks Eddie!

K.I.S.S.!!! I was so caught up in my self-induced drama that your simple response is exactly what I needed to hear.

After almost 3 months (b/c of losing my job from lovely egocentric fear--aka relapse) of trying to find steady income...I finally got it! Imagine my pain! *LOL*

You'll definitely find a job soon. You're one of those people that are tapped in and I have faith that you'll get exactly what you're looking for.

Danielle

BTW--Donnie Darko rules. I watched it again.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:42 PM
  # 651 (permalink)  
No expectations!

You're welcome, Danielle, and thank YOU!! Have you posted on the Donnie Darko thread over on Mental Health? I can't remember. Have to go make dinner now!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-19-2005, 04:34 PM
  # 652 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thankful for air conditioning! :eo9f

And thankful for my mom picking the blueberries so I could make a "busy day pie."

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-20-2005, 10:27 AM
  # 653 (permalink)  

Hey Eddie and Richie,

Glad to see that you have kept this thread alive. It's one of my favorite places to post. Moving is all done, and we are almost completely set up. We will be online in another week or two, and I will be very happy. Thanks for noticing that I have 5 months, Eddie. Congrats on your 2 and a half years and to Richie on his 10 months. I still have to catch up on the thread, so sorry if I missed anyone else's clean time. Just grateful for today, as it is the most important day of all!!!!!

Love and hugs,

Sherry
Old 07-20-2005, 05:18 PM
  # 654 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everyone,
It's good to see you back Sherry.I hope you are enjoying your new place.
Congrats on the new job,Danielle.Good luck on the interview,Cheryl.And Eddie I'm sure you will find the job you are looking for.
What's up with this Donnie Darko guy?I guess you all like Jake,but I prefer his sister Maggie.
God bless.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:47 AM
  # 655 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Welcome back, Sherry!! Looking forward to you being back regularly!

Richie,
Maggie is in Donnie Darko, too!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-21-2005, 05:58 AM
  # 656 (permalink)  

Sherry, can't wait to see you back on here! You know we all missed you very much!

Eddie, your job will come and it will be so much better than you can even imagine. Things always have a way of working themselves out as I am in the process of learning.

Danielle, congratulations on the new job. I'm sure that you will be back in school when the time is right. Ending up in business for a while will give you some extra experience and may have a big purpose in your life.

Richie, 10 months is great! It is great to watch miracles happen in someone's life.

I will let you all know how the interview goes tomorrow!! I'm shaking in my boots (too bad there is not a smilie for that!!) LOL.

Sending warm, positive vibes to all my friends here!

Love,
Cheryl
Old 07-21-2005, 06:15 AM
  # 657 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks again, Cheryl!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-21-2005, 05:35 PM
  # 658 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Thanks,Cheryl.Good luck on the interview tomorrow.
I'll check out Darko,Eddie.I hope it's not too depressing.I just watched Hide and Seek.That was a pretty creepy movie.
It sure has been hot lately.Thank God for air conditioning! :e06e
Old 07-21-2005, 06:18 PM
  # 659 (permalink)  
No expectations!

That's so weird, Richie. I checked out Donnie Darko and Hide & Seek together last week. Yeah, Hide & Seek was scary to watch, but I was kind of let down at the end. Felt like I'd seen it before.

Cheryl,
Best wishes tomorrow!!

I am grateful that we got everything out of my mom's old house except for a six-foot stepladder that we couldn't get to! I'll get it later, I guess. I'm just so glad that's all done!!

Also grateful for the other pharmacists in my monthly pharmacist recovery meeting. We had a nice informal meeting last night and I got some good suggestions.

Stay cool, y'all!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-23-2005, 09:45 PM
  # 660 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Grateful that the term is up for the FOUR positions I had on our H&I subcommittee. I typed up the minutes from last night's meeting and got a bunch of stuff ready to pass on to the new secretary. That's a lot of responsibility off my shoulders!

Also grateful for Sally Beauty Supply and all the cool stuff you can get there. Yes, I've been doing weird things to my hair again. I re-bleached the underside and I may redo the pink like in my profile picture. I love pink, especially in my hair. LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie