Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 07-03-2005, 11:07 AM
  # 621 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Thanks Eddie and Cheryl,
I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend.I plan to celebrate by eating too much.
God bless!
Old 07-03-2005, 02:14 PM
  # 622 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by Richie
I plan to celebrate by eating too much.
LOL. I did that yesterday, I'm afraid. No big plans for today or tomorrow.

I am grateful that I got to tan today. I do my prayers in the tanning bed 'cause it's the only time I get still. It's great "me" time even if it does sound a little weird. LOL.

Also grateful that I got to do a Nautilus workout today, too. I haven't lost as much strength as I was afraid I had. I'm supposed to do it 2-3 times a week, but lately it's been 1-2 times, so I'm glad to get back to it.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-04-2005, 08:14 PM
  # 623 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Grateful that I got out and hoed weeds, fertilized, and bug-sprayed my dahlias. I got good and sweaty and grubby!

Grateful for a wonderful husband and a happy marriage! We had a nice quiet afternoon and evening together.

I would be even more grateful, though, if some other folks would join us here again!
Love and hugs anyway,
Eddie
Old 07-05-2005, 02:45 PM
  # 624 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Grateful that I may be getting a job SOON! As a substance abuse counselor. It looks like I'm at least going to get an interview. Yippeee!

Also grateful that I finally saw a hummingbird at my feeder! They are so cool!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-05-2005, 03:14 PM
  # 625 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

That's great,Eddie.I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:53 PM
  # 626 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Richie!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-06-2005, 04:36 PM
  # 627 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Tonight I am grateful that the bug spray seems to be helping my flowers, although I did spy a Japanese beetle on one of them. Anyway, the plants look great and there are lots of buds!

I am also grateful for my dad's fax machine here at our house. It makes it so easy to apply for jobs! I faxed in an application to a neighboring county government but I'm not sure what position I'm applying for yet. LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-06-2005, 05:05 PM
  # 628 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

That's the fax,Jack!!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:24 PM
  # 629 (permalink)  
No expectations!

LOL, Richie! What's up, man? You still recuperating from eating too much?

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-08-2005, 03:31 PM
  # 630 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Eddie,
I can't believe I ate the whole thing.
You can tell I'm on the level because my bubble's in the middle.
I hope your job quest is going well.I wonder where Sherry has been.Hope she's doing okay.
God bless.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:16 PM
  # 631 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Is that from Spasticus Autisticus?

Sherry's in the process of moving and wasn't sure when she'd be back online. It's a shame 'cause she got 5 months this week.

I'm grateful for my friend Julie, whom I've known like forever. I just got back from watching Donnie Darko at her apt. and playing with her cat and kitten. The new kitten is named Phil, after Phil Ochs I suppose. The cat is a cool Japanese bobtail named Bunny. I had a really nice time.

I'm also grateful that we finally made it through a week without going in the hole or having to borrow to keep from going in the hole. It seems like it's been a long time. I hope I get a job soon so that we won't have to worry about that anymore.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-09-2005, 04:32 PM
  # 632 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I'm grateful for my volunteer job at the public library. I babysat the computer lab this afternoon. Gave me a chance to get some studying in actually.

Grateful for my online psychiatric pharmacy course. Man, I am going to be ready for that exam in October!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-10-2005, 03:49 PM
  # 633 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I'm grateful that I'm still straight,even though the cravings have become very intense in the last few days(I don't know why).
I'm grateful for my family and that my son wants to jam with me every day.What a blessing that is.
I hope you and your flowers are doing well,Eddie.And,no,that wasn't Spasticus Autisticus.Just a joke about my belly.
God bless.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:38 PM
  # 634 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Richie! I'm sorry you've been having cravings, but it's really cool about your son wanting to jam all the time! Isn't there a line in Spasticus about "...'cause my middle is a riddle" or something? That must be what I was thinking of.

I am grateful that my flowers ARE doing well, although one plant seems to be mysteriouly wilting/dying. I keep having to spray for bugs, too. But I cut four blooms a day or two ago and put them in a vase in the kitchen where I can admire them constantly! LOL.

I am grateful for Al-Anon, too. I went to a meeting tonight and I just listened. It's good just to know others have similar problems and that I can get through them, you know? At some point though, I suppose I should let them know why I'm there. I've been very quiet thus far.

Have a beautiful night!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-11-2005, 11:34 PM
  # 635 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Grateful that the H&I meeting I chaired this morning went well even though I had to do it alone. It was a little bit larger group and we had one guy with some 12-Step experience to share, so that was good. I am so grateful to be able to carry a message of hope!

Also grateful that my dahlias are just blooming away! The Japanese beetles are getting their fill, but I'm getting some, too. I guess I need to keep spraying. Anyway, most of the plants look great and there are LOTS of buds.

Love and hugs,
Eddie :rose
Old 07-13-2005, 09:12 PM
  # 636 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Had a nice little walk around my mom's new neighborhood today. We were checking out the houses and landscaping for ideas for her place. I'm grateful that she's in an attractive area that we can enjoy.

I'm also still enjoying my online psychiatric pharmacy course, so I'm thankful for that, too. In fact, I don't know what I'm going to do when I finish it! LOL. I was reading about schizophrenia and watching Donnie Darko at the same time, appropriately enough.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-14-2005, 07:43 PM
  # 637 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I miss having other people around here! Richie, you still here? I know Sherry hasn't gotten back from moving yet, but what about the others?

Still, I am grateful my Le Baron dahlia opened up today. It's a beautiful color! :rose

And I'm grateful for Fazoli's drive-thru. Italian food. Fast. LOL. And cheap, too!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-15-2005, 06:12 PM
  # 638 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I'm still here,Eddie!It's been soooo hot at work this week that I just come home shower and collapse(after jamming with my son).I haven't turned on my computer in several days.I am grateful that it's Friday night and no work tomorrow.
Enjoy the Fazoli's and don't forget the tums.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:15 AM
  # 639 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey Richie and Eddie--glad to see you two are doing well. I think that I need to do a gratitude check, since it seems like my life is on the "ebb" side...but that's to be expected. I'm grateful that I have a place to live where the rent isn't comming due until October and that I don't have to worry about that just yet (though it is still a concern). I'm grateful that my program of recovery is growing stronger by the day and that I'm finally reaching a point where my trust in my HP is becomming solidified as well.
I went to an Emagine Theatre for the first time last night to see WAR OF THE WORLDS and I didn't realize that they actually have a bar in the place. I kept eyeing it, and thinking (even though I was with my sponsor and a couple other people from AA) that I could sneak out with some excuse to throw a couple back, and it was totally God that kept me from doing it. I had nothing to do with keeping myself from going out and doing that and I was totally amazed to feel that presence in my life when I needed it most. Now I understand what they mean about doing the housecleaning that allows your HP to work through you and provide that first line of defense. I was all about the shots last night.
WOW! Sorry, didn't mean for this to turn into a novel on the Bedtime Graditude Thread...but hey...whatever, right?
Oh yeah, and I just wanted to say that I have a Maine Coon too Richie and my mom has a Border Collie, Eddie. That's so funny. Oh, and I too just got done watching Donnie Darko. That movie is so depressing, but Jake Gilhenhaal (sp)...ummm...can I just say, break me off a piece of THAT!!! *LOL*

Take care all,

Danielle (day 69--woo-de-hoo, my FAV number) teeheehee
Old 07-16-2005, 04:48 PM
  # 640 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by squirrelly77
Jake Gilhenhaal (sp)...ummm...can I just say, break me off a piece of THAT!!! *LOL*
Just save some for me! teehee.

Thanks for sharing, Danielle! And congratulations of 69 days!! You can put as much novel on here as you feel like, OK?

And thanks, Richie, too! Hope you had a relaxing Friday night.

This evening I am very grateful that we FINALLY got all the furniture and big items requiring a truck OUT of my mom's house!!! There are a few piddly things left for her to pack in the car. She was in that house for 37 years! It has taken about 4 or 5 MONTHS to get everything moved. I'm just SO glad it's over.

I am also grateful that I got through all that without injuring myself. No pulled muscles or bruises at all! Seems like a miracle considering some of the things we moved. lol.

Have a great Saturday night, y'all!
Love and hugs,
Eddie