Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 09-07-2005, 07:07 AM
  # 761 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey Sherry! Wow...glad to see you made it back. I definitely know how you're feeling--way too well. I remember when I came back into AA after my last "research project" one of the guy's said to me: I bet you feel like burnt toast.
Uh-huh. And then some.
But, you know the drill--you have the tools...have you decided what you're going to do next? I know that once I start down that slippery slope by first of all cutting off communication with my HP, then becomming wrapped up in my character defects, I know that some self-defeating behavior is going to happen--whether it be gorging myself on chocolate or taking a drink. But, I've learned that maybe--yeah, it might JUST BE that I'm going to gorge myself on chocolate this time...but what about the next time? That's what really scares me. That next time never has to come as long as I keep in fit spiritual condition. I don't know that much about other drugs, seeing as my DOC is alcohol, and the only other thing I did was smoke pot. But, I gathered from your post that the Ultimate Demon is crack...which I can relate to with alcohol. Anything I do that weakens my defense against that Ultimate Demon will eventually have me turning to it again--in your case, smoking weed.
I just can't go there anymore.
You're in my prayers and I hope you get back to going to those meetings!!! I know how hard it must be...really. But, be totally honest with them. That honesty is what will save you!

Everyone else--good to see that you're doing well!

Take care,
Danielle
Old 09-07-2005, 01:40 PM
  # 762 (permalink)  
No expectations!

You're welcome, Richie!!

((((((Sherry)))))) So weird. We were just talking about missing you. Hope you make it back online soon!

Hey, Danielle!

Today I am grateful that I can pass my pre-employment drug screen without having to disclose any narcotics I'm taking because I'm not taking any narcotics!

And grateful for my new soon-to-be boss who is giving me the chance to start over again. He seems like a really nice guy. I am looking forward to getting started on FRIDAY!!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-08-2005, 04:18 PM
  # 763 (permalink)  
No expectations!

So grateful that the executive director of the Board approved of my new job! I really am going to start work tomorrow!

And grateful to have gotten some nice new clothes that actually fit pretty well to wear to work. Thank God for Target! LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-08-2005, 04:28 PM
  # 764 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Good luck tomorrow,Eddie!
Let us know how your first day went.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:03 AM
  # 765 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you again, Richie!! Hve to run now!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-09-2005, 05:01 PM
  # 766 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

:great I'm grateful that Eddie had a good first day at work today. :Terrific
Old 09-09-2005, 05:16 PM
  # 767 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Aww! That's so sweet, Richie! Thanks!

I am so grateful to be back at work!!! I don't know what else to add.

Did I mention I'm grateful to be back at work? LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-11-2005, 01:54 PM
  # 768 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Today I'm grateful for diet wild cherry Pepsi.

And glad I did go to a meeting this morning. And that my husband shared about some of what's going on with him. I think he really needed to.

Now I need to work on my minutes I should have already done. See y'all later!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-12-2005, 12:21 PM
  # 769 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I called in sick today.Actually I've been sick all weekend.I think I caught it from my boss.I'm thankful to be feeling a little better today.I guess I'll go back to work tomorrow.
Have a good work week,Eddie.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:48 PM
  # 770 (permalink)  
No expectations!

((((Richie))))

Grateful for a good Monday at work! I was afraid I'd have to work until six or so, but we finished only about 10 minutes late.

And grateful for Cook Out's cheeseburger with chili and slaw and onions. I love a cheeseburger "Carolina style."

Hope you get well soon, Richie!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-13-2005, 12:05 PM
  # 771 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey Eddie Z!
So glad that your first couple of days at work went well! The first week of a new job always seem to drag for me until I get my rhythm down.
I'm thinking about giving my job to another girl in the program. She's 20 years old and just started working as a waitress in a Coney. She HATES it and it's causing her to push her recovery to the side. I totally understand because waiting tables is hard and you have to have a certain personality type to do it. My job a great job for someone just starting out in the working world--pay and experience wise.
I think I want to go to school full-time and work p/t at some other job that can be flexible with my schedule. I really don't have all that long until I can get enough credits to graduate--depending on whether they offer the certain classes I need in sequence, it would only take me about a year to be DONE if I were to go full-time. Still kinda waiting for inspiration on this one. I'll tell the other girl about it, though, since my boss still wants someone here for when I'm in class.
Richey--hope you feel better soon! I swear, I never get sick even when I'm in close proximity of others that are. I think I've had every single string of the flu, cold, etc now and I'm immuned to them all! *LOL* That would be great!

Take care everyone!

Danielle
Old 09-13-2005, 04:30 PM
  # 772 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Thanks Eddie and Danielle!I am feeling much better today.I even went back to work .
I hope everything is going well for you both today.I am grateful to have a job to go to.Last year this time I did not have one.
God bless.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:36 PM
  # 773 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, Danielle and Richie!! Danielle, remind me again what you're going to school for. Was it nursing? Richie, glad you made it back to work, too!

Grateful for the American Psychiatric Association's Practice Guidelines online. I think they'll really help my studying.

Grateful for the tomatoes my dad planted and left for me to take care of, i.e. eat. Not quite sure what I'm going to do with all of them, though. LOL.

Sweet dreams, y'all!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-15-2005, 04:29 PM
  # 774 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I'm grateful that Hurricane Ophelia went out to sea and did not hit us here as was originally predicted.
Hey Eddie,my son is bringing home a copy of The Hitchhikers Guide on dvd tonight.
Have a nice evening.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:41 PM
  # 775 (permalink)  
No expectations!

It's already out on DVD?!? Wow! I'll have to rent it so hubby can see it.

I'm grateful that I got to do some real clinical pharmacist work today not just the grunt work. I actually calculated the doses for an anticoagulant and wrote orders for it! I'm loving this job more than I thought I would.

And I'm grateful that I made time to make appointments for my husband with the therapist and the doctor. I hope they can help him.

Enjoy the flick, Richie!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-16-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 776 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am grateful for finishing a satisfying first full week at work. We actually got done at 6 o'clock which is good for a Friday. I may stay awhile. teehee

I am also grateful for getting to join Gold's Gym today. Now maybe I can get back to working out in the mornings before work.

Love and hugs,
Eddie

P.S. Hubby is watching the Hitchhiker's Guide and I am enjoying listening. I love Sam Rockwell!
Old 09-17-2005, 03:33 PM
  # 777 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I'm glad you had a good week at work,Eddie.Did your husband like "Hitchhiker"?
Tonight I'm going to watch it with my son.He hasn't seen it yet.
It sure has gotten hot again! :e06e I can't wait for cool weather!
Have a great weekend.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:41 PM
  # 778 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, Richie! Yeah, of course he liked it. He's watching the extras now.

Grateful that I went and lifted at Gold's this morning. It took me a while to find the right machines and then recall or figure out how to use them, but I did it. I think I'll be able to squeeze that workout in on weekday mornings.

And grateful that kitty Mariann's coat is looking a bit better. She's eating really well, too. Maybe she's not so sick after all. I don't know, but I'm happy she seems to be feeling well enough.

Hope you and your son enjoy the movie!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 09-18-2005, 05:22 PM
  # 779 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Well, it looks like the 3 of us, huh?

Eddie--yep, going to school for nursing. Right now I'm taking the pre-req's for the program, and this winter I'll be able to apply for the program. Hopefully, everything works out and I'll be able to get in and start taking the actual nursing classes (the clinical stuff) next Fall. I have to remember that it's HP's plan, though, and whatever happens happens just as it should.

I'm grateful that that little inner voice that wants the very best for me and my life is getting louder and louder each day.

I'm grateful that I'm finding it easier and easier to listen to it and then to have the power to actually carry out it's suggestions--even when those suggestions aren't the easiest to follow

I'm grateful for my new temporary sponsor during this transition period before I solidify the relationship with my new permanent sponsor.

I'm EXTRA grateful that I was guided to SR and to AA and to this wonderful new life that proves that living happy, joyous and free is a lot of hard work...but well worth it in the end.

Thanks everyone visiting this thread...Eddie and Richie for keeping it up...and God for Your love and guidance.

Danielle

P.S. Think it's time to take a little trip to the video store...hee hee.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:39 PM
  # 780 (permalink)  
No expectations!

You're welcome, Danielle! And thank YOU for helping, too!

I'm grateful that I went to an NA meeting this morning and shared about where I am and my week. I didn't go to a meeting all last week. Bad Eddie! It was good to get back.

And I'm grateful that I fed and bug-sprayed my dahlias today. I have been neglecting them what with the new job and all. They are still blooming like crazy although no new varieties have opened lately.

It's been a good day. Hope y'all have a great night!
Love and hugs,
Eddie