Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 07-24-2005, 04:33 PM
  # 661 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I'm grateful that I got all the grass cut this weekend(mine and my parents').
Today I went and saw Charlie and the Chocolate factory with my son.It was great!Better than I expected.
Tomorrow it is supposed to be near 100 degrees here.I dread working in it but I must.
Stay cool everybody! :e18o
Old 07-24-2005, 07:21 PM
  # 662 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks for the movie tip, Richie! I was supposed to go see that with my mom today actually, but I got behind and wanted to keep studying what I was working on. We'll probably go sometime this week, though.

I'm grateful for the local AA meeting I went to tonight. I actually stayed after a little bit to talk to one of the doctors from my Caduceus group. It was nice. If I were to switch to AA, I'd probably make that my home group.

I'm also grateful that some of my BIG dahlias are about to open up and that the Japanese beetles don't seem to be interested in this color. Knock on wood. They really go for the white ones, though.

I also saw some hummingbirds today. That's always cool!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-26-2005, 06:25 PM
  # 663 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I hope you get to see it Eddie.Johnny Depp is great as Willie Wonka.

I'm grateful I made it through this Hot,Hot,Hot day.Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter. :e06e

God bless.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:49 PM
  # 664 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Johnny Depp is ALWAYS great!

Grateful that I made it back to my NA home group tonight and went out with some folks afterward. My sponsor and my husband's sponsor cornered me and tried to talk me into being vice-chair of Public Information for our area. While I am grateful also for them having that kind of faith in me, I don't really want to do it, so I said I'd think about it.

Grateful that the hummingbirds are now regularly visiting my feeder. It's funny, though, that they all seem to be female. And even they are very aggressive. They chase each other all around the yard. Crazy little birds! I love watching them.

Drink plenty of water, Richie!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-28-2005, 10:22 AM
  # 665 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey Eddie and Richie--

To add to the movie theme this thread has sorta adopted...have either of you seen REQUIEM FOR A DREAM? I was told to rent it...and all I can say is WOW! It's really good...very obscure...artistic...I dunno. Different. But, I think is captures perfectly the need most of us have to fill that God-Shaped-Hole with stuff, and how it eventually ruins our lives.

I was really blown away.

Hope you all have a great day!

Danielle
Old 07-28-2005, 11:41 AM
  # 666 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Haven't seen it yet, but it has been mentioned on this site before. In fact, I think someone once started a thread about it. I'll have to put it on the list, too. Thanks, Danielle!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-28-2005, 04:50 PM
  # 667 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Eddie and Danielle,
I'll put that movie on my list too,Danielle.I've heard of it,but I never really knew what it was about.
I drank so much water yesterday,Eddie,that I sounded like a fishbowl when I walked around.It only got up to 101 degrees.Thank God it's cooler today.Only in the eighties.
Take care all.And God bless.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:57 PM
  # 668 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by Richie
I drank so much water yesterday,Eddie,that I sounded like a fishbowl when I walked around.
Yeah, it cooled off majorly here too. We have had big time lightning and rain just in the last while. I couldn't even get on the 'puter.

I am grateful for my Caduceus group. I went tonight and ended up chairing and told them about all the exciting things that have been going on. I can't talk about all that professional stuff in NA meetings, so I really appreciate this meeting.

SO SO SO grateful that I am going to be able to take the psychiatric pharmacy exam in October!!! Whoo-hoo!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-29-2005, 05:51 PM
  # 669 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Grateful for this nice cool(er) day we had today.And I know it's early but good luck on that exam,Eddie!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:57 PM
  # 670 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Richie!!

Grateful my flowers survived last night's torrential downpour.

And grateful for the online buprenorphine training I just completed, although I'm not sure I'll be able to do anything with it anytime soon. lol.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-31-2005, 03:09 PM
  # 671 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Grateful for my dad's Cardio-Glide machine because I can get a good aerobic workout even when it's hot or rainy outside.

And grateful for Haagen-Dasz (sp?) ice cream on sale even though I shouldn't be! LOL. Two pints for four or five bucks. Coffee and dulce de leche (caramel).

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-31-2005, 05:50 PM
  # 672 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I took my daughters to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory today.Have you seen it yet,Eddie?
I hope you and everyone else here has a great week.
God bless.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:56 PM
  # 673 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Not yet, Richie. My mom and I were going to watch a movie at my house this afternoon, but the VCR (Yes, I said the VCR.) malfunctioned, so we may go out to see it this week.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-01-2005, 07:11 PM
  # 674 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Grateful for all the dahlias I've gathered. About six different varieties have bloomed now. I'm soon going to be overrun!

Grateful for high-speed internet at the public library where I was "working" this afternoon. Now if I can just get it at home! LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-02-2005, 05:43 PM
  # 675 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Thankful for the great jam session I had with my son tonight.It's like a redeeming thing for me.
Hey Eddie,heard anything from Sherry lately?
God bless.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:22 PM
  # 676 (permalink)  
No expectations!

No, I guess she's still getting settled in her new place.

Grateful for my family—my husband and my parents. I had kind of a rough day today, but they were there for me.

Grateful I actually made a real meal for supper. Meat and two veg and even a busy-day blueberry pie for dessert!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-03-2005, 04:33 PM
  # 677 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Sorry you had a rough day yesterday,Eddie.I hope today was better.

I'm grateful that no one is home now but me.It's so nice and peaceful right now.
They'll all be home soon though.And I'll be glad to see them.

God bless.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:26 PM
  # 678 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Richie! Today was better 'cause I stayed real busy.

I am grateful for my medical insurance finally working for my prescriptions! That was another thing that was frustrating me yesterday. I got stuff for both me and my husband and it was covered. Yea!

And I am grateful for being able to help people out in the computer lab at the library. I don't know much, but I know alot more than some of those folks. LOL. I really enjoy my volunteer work there.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-05-2005, 12:43 AM
  # 679 (permalink)  

I'm grateful that I survived my recent relapse. I am glad that I picked myself right back up and have the courage to continue moving forward with my life.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:52 AM
  # 680 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am glad you did, too, Cheryl!! Now come back and celebrate with us on the Party thread, OK?

Love and hugs,
Eddie