So depressed....help

Old 12-18-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by irisgardens View Post
Tears flowing and it is hard-want to validate your feelings. Also want to validate that our children give us a higher purpose and love that can help in so many areas-and I pray for this for you.

Please know, as said by many above...you are NOT alone and please reach out if you feel that way. Have had too much experience with that, and it is NOT healthy for you-so please make sure you stay connected here. It is really important to know that you are cared about in the midst of pain...and as you allow your body to process through the pain (in it's own time and place).

Praying for you and that you receive comfort in all the best and most unexpected ways.
Thank you for all your love Irish gardens. It means a lot. I will reach out to you on the board. It has helped me tremendously in the midst of all of the chaos and I am so very thankful for all your support 💞
Old 12-18-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aasharon90 View Post
A pretty white crib with zebras and bears and a mobile
with lots of cute baby clothes and baby things sounds
sooooo wonderful.

Thank you so much for taking time to share with
us about your room and what it looks like until
you move back into your apt.

Would you move into another apt. maybe
to start out fresh with a new beginning?

Maybe moving back into where you were
will be too much reminders.

Anyway.....

I remember when I had my 2 beautiful babies
back in 84 and 87, my son was first then his sister.
Yes, I was in my addiction but didn't think it was
as serious until I entered recovery in 1990.

I worried just like any new mom would be and
couldn't wait till they arrived out with all fingers
and toes and for the wonderful surprise if they
were a boy or girl.

Yes, I was anxious and yes I was blessed to
have 2 beautiful adorable little ones with
instincts of wanting to be the best mom I
could be to them.

I was very protective of my bundles of joy
as should be, maybe too much at times, but
overall, with me as their mom, they had
little experience of me drinking because they
were young when I entered recovery and
have remained sober as they grew and moved
on with their own lives healthy, happy and
so many wonderful gifts blessed upon them.

We never know what God has in store
for any of us, however, when we put our
faith in Him for guidance, strength, love
and care, we never have to waste a minute
of worrying.

We may not get the answers right at
that moment, but in His time, He will
take care of us.

I know, because He has heard my cries
and pleads for help a many a times in my
lifetime and has always lead me to where
I need to be and has provided me the things
needed to live a sober, healthier, happier,
grateful, blessed life I had today.

Keep your faith and more should be
revealed to you in His time.
No need to thank me for sharing. I like sharing it with you. Good worked staying on the right track for your kids. I will stay in the same apartment when I move back and if it doesn't work out I will move. It's hard, I want to keep the apartment because we bought it together and I want to share that home with our son and say " it was mine and your dad's ", while at the same time it feels like time stands still and as if I'm waiting for my AH to come back home, even if I know he never will. Very tough.

I will have to rely on God and hope he will help me out and lead me to a better life. It feels like I've lost hope about everything in life since my AH passed away. All I have left is my faith in God. Thank you for sharing your experiences with God. I hope he will hear me out too.

God bless you and thank you for your post. It was needed 💖
Old 12-19-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Said a prayer for you, SoDev. I hope you are well.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Sodevastated
Old 12-19-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Sodevastated

Yours was the saddest post I have read in a very long time. This is when faith really does test you! They say there is a reason for everything and that God works in mysterious ways. Our job is to keep the faith, never give up hoping and praying. How many times in the past have I questioned what God threw my way! How many times have I said, "if there is a God, why would He do this to me?" Well, the answer to it all is He has a plan, and His plan will play out in His own time. Nothing we can do or say can change what is already planned for us. One day you may find the answer to your question "why, God?" For now, concentrate on this wonderful new life. I know how you must hurt, but this child is a gift from God.
Prayers and strength coming your way. We are all here with you. Never feel alone again!
Hugs, Devastated
Old 12-21-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by devastated View Post
Yours was the saddest post I have read in a very long time. This is when faith really does test you! They say there is a reason for everything and that God works in mysterious ways. Our job is to keep the faith, never give up hoping and praying. How many times in the past have I questioned what God threw my way! How many times have I said, "if there is a God, why would He do this to me?" Well, the answer to it all is He has a plan, and His plan will play out in His own time. Nothing we can do or say can change what is already planned for us. One day you may find the answer to your question "why, God?" For now, concentrate on this wonderful new life. I know how you must hurt, but this child is a gift from God.
Prayers and strength coming your way. We are all here with you. Never feel alone again!
Hugs, Devastated
Thank you for your post. I can't describe how awful I'm feeling.today .I've been crying all day. I miss my AH so much. He was my best friend, my everything. Like you said, I'm asking myself why did this happen? We had just got married and were expecting a child and he was the love of my life. Now I'm left all alone, with a broken heart and soul, thinking I will never be well again. I don't feel like staying alive and what's a life without him? My baby is the only reason I'm alive and I'm trying to tell myself I have to go on for his sake, cuz I see no other reason in doing that. I' m begging God to help me to survive since I don't have the strength. I hope God will be on my side, that life will change and that I will get an answer to why this happened. My husband used to say that God brought us together and then I wonder why we were parted? I really do believe God brought us together but I don't understand what the point was since we didn't get to stay together. I hope God will help me to understand all of this and to overcome what I'm going through because I cannot make it on my own. Thank you for reaching out to me.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:42 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Your baby will bring you joy the minute you gaze into your babies eyes. Turn to family and friends for support. Your situation is tragic and it is times like these that I turn to my faith in God. If you aren't spiritual or religious, then I suggest you surround yourself with family and close friends. You need support now, more than ever. I am praying for you.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sdnavyblue72 View Post
Your baby will bring you joy the minute you gaze into your babies eyes. Turn to family and friends for support. Your situation is tragic and it is times like these that I turn to my faith in God. If you aren't spiritual or religious, then I suggest you surround yourself with family and close friends. You need support now, more than ever. I am praying for you.
Thank you! My baby is my only joy and hope. I believe in God and I'm begging him to help me. I need him more than ever. Thank you for your prayers 💗
Old 12-21-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sodevastated View Post
My husband used to say that God brought us together and then I wonder why we were parted? I really do believe God brought us together but I don't understand what the point was since we didn't get to stay together.
I think your beautiful child was the point........ I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Whitewingeddove View Post
I think your beautiful child was the point........ I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.
Maybe you're right. Maybe my child was the point, I don't know. I just wish everyhing was a terrible nightmare and that I could wake up from it. Thank you for your response.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sodevastated......while it is normal to have the "baby blues" for a few days after the birth, it is generally mild and transient....
As a medical person, I believe that the kinds of thoughts you are having, and the difficult situation that you are experiencing is deserving of medical attention. I encourage you to tell your obstetrical doctor and ask for an immediate consult with a mental health professional.....You need in-person contact.....
Postpartum depression is something that everyone needs to be aware of as a possibility......
How are your parents behaving since the birth of the baby? How much help and attention are you receiving?
There is help,,,and, you can feel better......
Don't try to go this alone......
I am glad that you are talking with us!!!
Old 12-21-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Sodevastated......while it is normal to have the "baby blues" for a few days after the birth, it is generally mild and transient....
As a medical person, I believe that the kinds of thoughts you are having, and the difficult situation that you are experiencing is deserving of medical attention. I encourage you to tell your obstetrical doctor and ask for an immediate consult with a mental health professional.....You need in-person contact.....
Postpartum depression is something that everyone needs to be aware of as a possibility......
How are your parents behaving since the birth of the baby? How much help and attention are you receiving?
There is help,,,and, you can feel better......
Don't try to go this alone......
I am glad that you are talking with us!!!
Hi Dandylion. Thank you for checking in on me and for your advice. I have talked to a doctor and he prescribed me some meds for the depression. However, my mother and I too, are worried about me taking them now that I am breast feeding the baby. The doctor said it would not have big effects on the breast milk and the baby. So I am actually thinking about taking the meds because I feel worse than ever and my thoughts revlove around how I will go on living without my AH and my mind tells me it will be impossible, feeling like I could almost jump off a bridge. I'm in a vicious circle. I also have a therapist that I am planning to see in the beginning of January because I am just too tired now with the baby and all. Do you think I need to do something else that I haven't thought of, except from the therapy and the meds?

My parents are helping out as much as they can with the baby and they tell me I have to try to get myself together so I can take care of the baby, easier said than done. They are supportive but they do get angry with me at times when I cry and feel sad because they are so mad at my AH and what he did to me and the baby.

Hugs
Old 12-21-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hugs, sweetie. Just hugs.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

So devastated,

You could talk to your sons pediatrician and ask him about the meds. If you need the meds, I don't think anyone could judge you if you chose to stop nursing. I had to stop breastfeeding my son around 6 wks because I could not pump and had to return to work. I felt horrible but the pediatrician assured me it was ok. The first few weeks are the most important to the baby and he got that. Many women are unable to nurse at all. My sister tried so hard to but her milk supply wasn't sufficient. And FYI - I didn't nurse my daughter and guess what? She was my healthy baby!

Jaeger
Old 12-21-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
Hugs, sweetie. Just hugs.
AW thank you Aries. I know what that hug means💗Hugging back
Old 12-21-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
So devastated,

You could talk to your sons pediatrician and ask him about the meds. If you need the meds, I don't think anyone could judge you if you chose to stop nursing. I had to stop breastfeeding my son around 6 wks because I could not pump and had to return to work. I felt horrible but the pediatrician assured me it was ok. The first few weeks are the most important to the baby and he got that. Many women are unable to nurse at all. My sister tried so hard to but her milk supply wasn't sufficient. And FYI - I didn't nurse my daughter and guess what? She was my healthy baby!

Jaeger
Oh thank you Jaeger for telling me I'm not going to be a bad mom if I can't nurse my son due to the meds. The doctor told me the meds are safe while nursing, but still I'm worried. Sending you lots of love for posting
Old 12-21-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sodevestated.....you don't need a therapist to talk to in January----You need someone to talk to NOW. You need someone that you can talk with every day, in your personal life, also...like a girlfriend that can spend time with you....
In other words..you need more emotional support than it sounds like you are getting.....
I question whether your parent's house is the best place for you, right now.....you need more than just anger directed toward you.....

If I were you, I would tell your doctor that you have been thinking that you "could almost be jumping off a bridge, because living seems almost impossible to you, right now.....and, that you are going to go to the emergency room of the hospital.
Once at the hospital, you can get a mental health worker to talk to you....and, they will be in a position to arrange better, more co-ordinated helo than you are receiving, now. You might even need to be admitted for a few days.....whatever.....
You sound like you might be religious....you can also ask to see the chaplin of the hospital...or, your own minister (if you have one) could see you. Actually, if your church could get involved...they are great for helping out in situations such as yours. The ladies of the church would be perfect to embrace you, and, help you with the baby, etc.

I am taking what you say, quite seriously..and, I believe that you need to be with others who do the same, right now......
A doctor, a social worker, a minister, the ladies of the church, your girlfriends, ,,,,,these are the people that you need, right now...and, you need it on a daily basis.....
Your pediatrician needs to know that is going on with y ou, also.....
don't be afraid to be very open with how you are feeling....don't minimize anything.....

Keep posting to us, also.....
There is help....and, you will be ok. with the right kind of help.....
Old 12-21-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Sodevastated

If you feel you need anti-depressants, and you are worried about breastfeeding vs bottle feeding, think about all those people out there that have adopted children. Hmmm? They don't breast feed, do they! The child will be happy as long as he/she gets fed.

You must think of some happy thoughts now. This too shall pass.
Hugs, Devastated
Old 12-22-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

SoDev - Please do not hesitate to take the medication. It is available for a reason. Looking back, I think I should have been on them myself after the birth of my son. I hid my depression (somehow) and I really should not have. It was scary at times. Please do not do that or even feel ashamed. Birth is beautiful, what our bodies endure and create is so beautiful and amazing, but our hormones can also cause very bad feelings. It is all natural, you are not crazy or alone in that! Please take the medication if you truly feel it could help. Do not for one moment feel guilt if you stop breastfeeding. I did not do it as long as initially planned. I know many moms who stopped or didn't do it because it did not work for them - and they were not ashamed in the least! Find strength in the fact that your body was capable of nurturing a human being and bringing him into the world. Its amazing, and you are a strong mommy!

I think you need to be surrounded by those who understand. It would be a strong lifeline for you to have - Alanon would really be a good next step. Whenever you are ready of course.

Praying for you always!
Old 12-22-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sodevastated......how are you feeling, today? Have you reached out to anyone, yet?

Very concerned,
dandylion