Notices

Fifty Shades of Mystic Okra

Old 04-16-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Thank you kindly, Robby. I do hope you are feeling somewhat better.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

What a pretty bird!
Old 04-16-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
What a pretty bird!
all i see is a kitty.

???
Old 04-16-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Not having a good day here either. to Trach (sending love to the okra-less), Leshar, Lenina and anyone else needing a hug.

Leshar-Your bird is so cute and looks so happy.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:07 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

(((((Strat)))) hugs. Some days are just sucky. Sometimes a gratitude list helps. I've been saving scrubbing the bathroom floor to remind me to be grateful it's small, grateful I love indoors and to quit taking my own crap too seriously.

Tomorrow is Friday, right? Ohhh....I remember. It's an anniversary. April 17. So odd how the body never forgets even when the brain might.

Love from Lenina
Old 04-17-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Fini, I took down the pics of the bird.
Thanks, Strat, yes, I need a hug.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

oh alright, no bird-watching for me.
sending a hug regardless.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Thanks fini, you're kind.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Mystic Folks.

Ain't good day for me either.

Looks like I am going to put on my armor again, and get ready for another war.

With banks. Scared, honestly.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Midnight,

you are facing it. that's the most important thing. You are being brave. I heard this thing about bravery: If you aren't scared, it doesn't take any courage.

Churchill said this thing: A problem run from is twice as big. A problem faced is half as big.

A friend of mine called that little mantra of mine a jedi mind trick. I still remember you telling me that it works. You wouldn't have known it, but me telling you about it and you saying that it works, has helped me too because now, because of you, I am using it even more, for some bad thoughts that I was still letting slip in and mess with me. And you are right: It really does work.

It's not really my original idea, kinda, sorta. the concept is out there. they call it thought blocking. Same idea, I just especially like that part about also telling yourself to relax. that's always good advice. i am thinking that you are either on top of your thoughts or they are on top of you.

Good luck at the bankers

Lenina,

I don't know how else to put it. I am just proud of you for doing good works. i'll be reading the paper and seeing this one or another volunteer thing that is going on out there, maybe something I could get into, and it makes me think of you. You are inspiring.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

AG, thank you. It's work I enjoy but I do it out of fear. Someday it might be me. And it takes my mind off my basic first world problems. LOL. I can't exactly pin point when our country got so mean.

If you're interested, call around. Just doing stuff once a week a few hours is good. Drop food off at the local shelter. Or paper plates and plastic utinsels. Canned goods, bread, etc like that.

Midnight, I hate dealing with the banksters. Good luck. I bet you will feel much relief having that off your back. Let us know how it goes.

I'm still dragging around. Not snapping out of this funk. Can't figure it out.

Love from Lenina
Old 04-17-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Sending you good wishes, Lenina.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Mblue, excuse my french but, screw the bankers. They can't do anything other than downgrade your credit rating temporarily and they know that. They get rude and pushy because it's all they have. It's not like what happened to me this week: getting my power cut off for a post office error.

A family friend was a bank president. He said never go hat in hand to a banker. Go gun in holster and wear it openly. YOU have the power in that relationship but they don't want you to think that. If you have checking or savings accounts at this bank, move your money to another bank or withdraw it in traveler's check before you have this facedown with them.

In other experiences, well, let's just say I can never have an account at Wells Fargo...ever. When my business bankrupted I left them stuck for 100K. Some collections dweeb tried to stongarm me one day on the phone. I told him to be sure the recorder was running before I tore him a new one. When we were done, they faxed me a "We give up on this debt" form. So, don't kowtow to these people. You have a good history of payment, you're a little short right now, "as my bank you will do whatever necessary to help me get through this OR ELSE".

Kick 'em around a little. If some peon gives you attitude start moving up the ladder. "Connect me to your supervisor, NOW" gets attention and manners.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

I hope all of your days are going better this evening. Sending more hugs all around.
Things are going better here today, but it's been a long day.

Lenina-thank you so much for bringing up gratitude. I do the morning and bedtime gratitude threads and love them. They do make a difference.

Midnightblue- Keep on hanging in there and fighting.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Hi all
Just heard this really great song that can apply to what ever is holding someone back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bdO...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-17-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Sorry to hear so many people having bad day. I have very bad day too. All that needed now is for Lenina to go all Milli Vanilli on our ass and "Blame It On the Rain" or the moon or something.

Today I hang out with friend who tell me his life is "perfect." And, frankly, it is. I not think of one aspect that not golden for him. And as I sit there listening to his perfect life, all I can think is ...bastard! Not really, but I does think he total obtuse, cuz we just finish talking about how my life in tremendous pain and turmoil, so Jesus God dude, dial it back, yes?

Anyways, Leshar, your birdie is cutie patootie, glad I was here at right time to see him! Today, for first time ever in my neighborhood I see huge wild parrot while walking. Amazing vivid blues and greens and yellow and red on this bird. It doing circus worthy tightrope acrobatics and employing fine motor skills to crack pods open and pick seeds out of mesquite bush. I stand there watching for good long time and I guess couple coming up road see me stopped for all this time and as they passing me they say "Are you alright?" And I say, "No, but that another story. I watching this incredible parrot!" And they look and they go "Oh, wow, where did that come from?" and then they just keeps walking. ...I want to chase them down the road and say "Are you alright?!"
Old 04-17-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Cow, about twenty years ago there was quite a flock of these parrots who escaped and were making a fine life for themselves here on the west side. I used to see them hanging out on the telephone wires and eucalyptus trees with the squirrels and rats. Very interesting combination of life forms.

Milli Vanilli? Really? Ouch. I might have to custom order some special potpourri and lingerie sachets for you. Drag out some of that '90s music video shows and make you brush your teeth.

Tomorrow is a new moon. lets try and enjoy it. Good to see you stop in, dear Cow.

Love from your CAL
Old 04-17-2015, 11:32 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Is not those, Lenina. I has seen the wild parakeets and such around. This thing was BIG. Like Macaw big.

Hey! I brushes what left of my teeth almost every day! And plus also, I shower AND brush my hair so for to see my PERFECT friend today. And may I report, it did NO improve my depression whatsoever, okay? I poop on you potpourri! And lingerie is stupid when there is perfectly good XL T-Shirt from 1998 to sleep in!

Moo Mwah, little dove.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:50 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

(((((Cow)))))) kisses to you. And hugs. I'm proud of your grooming efforts.

Maybe I'm just like a macaw. I like to be prettied up. It makes me feel better even if no one else sees me. I wear perfume every day. Oh, you're gonnahatethis...my new favorite is Daisy. a nice light floral.

I'm glad you're getting out for walkies. I like walking in my neighborhood too. Get the fresh air, the sun has been nice.

Much love my little one.

CAL
Old 04-18-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Silentrun-thank you for the song. Very nice!

Lenina-new moon today? Awesome. Hopefully, things start looking up for all of us. I wish I could have seen the parrots. That would be quite a sight.

Cow- It's great to see you! Those kinds of conversations are awful. Been through those as well. All it does is make you feel even worse. Milli Vanilli...that brings back lots of memories. I still like the music, lip synched or not.

I hope this cheers you up based on your comment on cow poop.