Notices

Fifty Shades of Mystic Okra

Old 04-12-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Trach, I know. You are right.

But I've been wearing crap for so long by now - depression made me not to care at all. And today I've realized how exhausted I am emotionally of constant wish to be "invisible" and dreading to meet someone I know because I look like...Fashion....This word has been out of my vocabulary for quite a while. I just can't stand being dressed like a low-life any more. Though, why "like"...I think I can be officially categorized like this now.

Sorry for the rant. Girls' stuff probably. But I so do need to be not ashamed of the way i look!
Old 04-12-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Blue, I don't need to see you to know how good you look. You're a fighter. Not just at the gym but in life. And you look like a fighter. Fighters always look good. There's no shame in looking like you fought a war. You won.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Wow, Trach. That was so freaking powerful, that shifted my point of view from feeling defeated to getting my fighter-spirit back. Thanks!!!!
Old 04-12-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Wow -- this thread took a swerve to cooler.

I was all primed to add some surreal nonsense at the right moment, but now I think I just need to read "previously on this thread ..."

Old 04-12-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You go girl.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

(((((Trach)))). You're a good man. Mid, can you afford some of those leggings at the Walgreens? I got two pairs for $10. Get some over sized shirts at the Sally Am and a belt. Tres hip enough for around here.

Get out and at least take a walk in the sun. 20 minutes will help! I was out all day and I feel better.

Thank you all for chipping in.

Robby. How soon before real food can be happening?

BBL

much love to the okra munchers! Leelee
Old 04-12-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Hello love buckets -

Checking in on day 100 !

Made it through Vegas with free booze being shoved at me at every turn. You can't even shop or get a manicure in this godforsaken city without someone offering you champagne or a shot. Anything to get your money. SMDH. So over it already.

Didn't make it hiking yesterday. I think the PAWS and exhaustion from caring for my ailing mom finally caught up to me. Plus, I'm still getting accustomed to the SSRI. Yesterday was a bad day. Cried a bit. Felt like death. Depression and anxiety were overwhelming. But today was much better. Thank goodness for good days. I hang on to them with both hands. Feet too.

Homeward bound tomorrow. Miss my kitty and puppy. Not to excited about rejoining the role of solitary caretaker. But I got you guys. So I'll be ok.

Thinking bout you MB. Trach and of course and always, our beloved Robot.

Here's to better days my loves !

XO AO
Old 04-13-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Robby,

they have those tests results. they just leave them laying around because they are sadists. fortunately for you, this is not your first rodeo.

LeeLee,

those homeless numbers blow my mind. One city. yet, you are out there in the thick of it, doing what you can, and still checking out some art. Balance is everything, isn't it? Did you get the kitties? meow.

midnight,

trach's right. you want to get out there and do some walking. don't worry about the shame thing. that's all subjective. you are a bright and shining light. a fighter, and these things will not get you down. You are going to come out on the other side of this. we always do.

alpha,

thank goodness for the good days, huh? I have seen how it is with solitary care givers. My heart goes out to you.

~~~~~~~~~~

and yes, we have us, and that is a wonderful thing. I have no family so my friends are my family. my friends -- my family.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Glad you had a few days away AO--very important to support yourself when you
are caregiving in a difficult situation.

Just wanted to say hi and send positive energy to all.
You're a fine bunch. . .
Old 04-13-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Hi all. Sorry about your health problems Robby. You pull some great insights out of the situation for us. Thank you. There are some I can use.
MesaMan I love that song! Wake me from the nothing I've become. Great recovery lyrics. How did that even happen anyway?
MightnightBlue you are a fighter! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PstrAfoMKlc I don't spend any money on clothes either.

AO You rock!!!
Old 04-13-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

alpha,

day 100
Old 04-13-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Originally Posted by AddictGuy View Post
alpha,

day 100
Awwww. Shucks. thanks AG. XO AO
Old 04-13-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Strat ~

Many thanx for that amazing Pic of the Royal Gorge Bridge which I have walked across. It sways almost as much as I used to!-) The Tourista Train at the Canyon bottom still runs, although I've not ridden it. Also, neato Trivia on 'The Birds' that I vaguely recall. So, thanks for jogging my aging Memory on that.

The House that Aussie Transplant Rod Taylor was located at in the Film burned down long ago. But, the Restaurant there still plays on the whole 'Birds' Legacy. During my High Tech Daze on a Corporate Credit Card, I stayed right on the Square that the Film starts on. Good provenance.

To Photo Document the California Coast, this Site compiled an amazing set of Images. Resolution increases over time as Technology permits. I've used this Site to plan Trailer Trips along the Coast, since you can zoom into individual Campsites around Bodega Bay, etc..

California Coastline.org

Silentun ~

Here's an even-more germane Song from Evanescence. Trigger Alert ~ There are some Bottles and Glasses in this kinda-Goth Vid, but no worse than TV or Magazine Ads, IMO. Only ~34 Million Hits on this Vid with a clear Recovery message.

'Call Me When You're Sober' ~ Evanescence

We've put both sets of Parents to rest after all 4 needed varying levels of Pro Care at different times. Hang tight, AO; hopefully after getting a breather occasionally... Way to rock Day 100!

Going for a Canyon Hike now w/Da Pooch after we hit a Himalayan/Indian Buffet Joint that I get The Jones for. Mebbe some Pix to post later...

-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Bosco Shaved_1.jpg (20.9 KB, 119 views)
Old 04-13-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

AO, so well done on 100 days!
Old 04-13-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

((((((AO))))). 100 days!! WTG!! You rock! Keep stacking those days!

I have a fairly busy day ahead. Housework chores, kitten finding, community meeting and getting organized to return to the road. It's a beautiful day here.

Love from Lenina
Old 04-13-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

kitten finding?
Old 04-13-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Kitten finding? I got recipes.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Yes, Hubs and I are ready to get some kittens, we would like two. Hubs works outside part time so kitties would have company and I am gone weeks at time working so Hubs will have company with some kittehs. Our oldies passed over a couple of years ago and we miss them. Finally ready for some new personalities in the house.

trach, I have some recipes for tortuga salad served on the shell....just saying

Love from Lenina
Old 04-13-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Rwerrw!

Hey, turtles make better pets.

PHHHHHTTTTTT!
Old 04-13-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Omnivore

Robot! I used to shop at Salvation Army and similar stores in the early 80's. And not bc I was poor, I wasn't. I shopped there bc they had some assume stuff! I still have some if it and (much to the dismay of my wife) I still wear it sometimes.