View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
AddictGuy

Midnight,

you are facing it. that's the most important thing. You are being brave. I heard this thing about bravery: If you aren't scared, it doesn't take any courage.

Churchill said this thing: A problem run from is twice as big. A problem faced is half as big.

A friend of mine called that little mantra of mine a jedi mind trick. I still remember you telling me that it works. You wouldn't have known it, but me telling you about it and you saying that it works, has helped me too because now, because of you, I am using it even more, for some bad thoughts that I was still letting slip in and mess with me. And you are right: It really does work.

It's not really my original idea, kinda, sorta. the concept is out there. they call it thought blocking. Same idea, I just especially like that part about also telling yourself to relax. that's always good advice. i am thinking that you are either on top of your thoughts or they are on top of you.

Good luck at the bankers

Lenina,

I don't know how else to put it. I am just proud of you for doing good works. i'll be reading the paper and seeing this one or another volunteer thing that is going on out there, maybe something I could get into, and it makes me think of you. You are inspiring.