Notices

Fifty Shades of Mystic Okra

Old 05-07-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Wow. That seems pretty ridiculous. If you don't have it bothering your neighbors isn't going to help. If that's what they can do then there isn't much you can do to stop it. If someone called me at 5 am to tell me about someone's financial problems I would be angry at the person whom called me not the person who owed the money. I think most people realize they are one disaster away from the same thing.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Banks are calling your neighbors at 5:00am? This doesn't sound like banks, it sounds like illegal collection agencies. I'm not sure who to call about that but in my state it's illegal. You might call the local district attorney's office and ask for advice. This is ridiculous.

Love from LeeLee
Old 05-07-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Courage - I don't have issues with compulsive spending. I just made financial mistakes in the past, and in addition to that now have no job or any other income to pay on my loans and credit cards.
Then I don't see what a 12-step program can do. On the other hand, you probably need the fellowship in the DA program just to help you figure out how to deal with that insane system that allows creditors to harass your neighbors and friends!

So much sympathy MB -- what a rough & nerve-wracking situation!